Park Lighting.

Started by Barnsey313, August 28, 2008, 12:43:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barnsey313

Hi, I just love how all the lands are lit at night, the flickering lights of Frontierland, the dragons lair under the castle and the oil lamps in Adventureland illuminating adventure isle and the Pirates of the Carribean fort (inside and out) - It all helps to make it feel all that more magical and real. But it has to be asked how do they get away with it? I mean It's easy to knock kids flying accidentaly and over here health and safety  :twisted:  would insist at least three floodlights per square inch.

NB: If you have any pictures post 'em here! (I have some of Frontierland and Big thunder mountain lit up that lovely orange colour somewhere - i'll post them when I find them)

James.  :donald:

Pete's Dragon

you think that lighting is a bit dangerous, try walking from DV to Sante Fe at night along the river. There's no lights at all !!!

Owain

Quote from: "Pete's Dragon"you think that lighting is a bit dangerous, try walking from DV to Sante Fe at night along the river. There's no lights at all !!!
Haha i did this but to chyenne, very dark indeed !

Pete's Dragon

Quote from: "Owain"
Quote from: "Pete's Dragon"you think that lighting is a bit dangerous, try walking from DV to Sante Fe at night along the river. There's no lights at all !!!

I know, the light we had was from the kids spinny toys things.

GeoffD

haha yeah. Even bought one myself to light the way. Needs to be sorted really. Accident waiting to happen there

Frederico

Quote from: "Pete's Dragon"
Quote from: "Owain"

I know, the light we had was from the kids spinny toys things.

Were not the only one's then lol
Talkin \'bout the midnight rambler

daisylovesdisney

this is such an isseu! i love walking back to my hotel room, but like the most people i can't see in the dark, i need to adjust! so in the summer time its doabel, but in the winter ohhh men.............

i love it thou when there is a full moon hanging! it lids the way perficly for you :P

Riebi

And try walking at Disneyland CA. There are much more darker corners then in DLRP :lol:
Wer nämlich mit "H" schreibt ist dämlich.

...the DPG is watching U...

Pete's Dragon

why do they do this ? How much woud a couple of streetlights cost, even one every 25m or so ?

daisylovesdisney

probably way to much :P  :P  thats why the invested in those busses they'd diddn't think people would walk back to there hotels  :P

EDDY

It´s no problem for me to walk in the dark. I hope they won´t change the lightning atmosphere in the park by adding flood lights this would be ugly :(
Outside on the path to the hotels OK there maybe some Lights are needed but in the Park in my opinion everything is how it should be , it´s magical in the Night ;)
[size=80]1997 - July (my first visit ever!!! =) DLP\'s 5th Anniversary
2005 - September
2007 - March
2007 - September
2008 - February
2008 - March - Day Trip to Stitch Live Preview
2008 - May
2008 - September
2009 - February/March
2009 - March - Day trip - St. Davids Day
2009 - August - 18th Anniversary =)
2009 - 2010 - December/January
2010 - May [/size]

//http://www.filmparade-kanal.tk

daisylovesdisney

Quote from: "EDDY"in the Park in my opinion everything is how it should be , it´s magical in the Night ;)

i so agry with you! the park doesn't need any fixing, maby in some shops?!?!?! but for some poeple who love to walk to there hotels when the busses croud up its nice to see where you'r kids are running of to in the dark, becouse you'd never know! :shock:

Barnsey313

Quote from: "EDDY"I hope they won´t change the lightning atmosphere in the park by adding flood lights this would be ugly :(

I wasn't saying I wanted flood lighting just wondered how they got away with it (In britain they wouldn't).

Quote from: "EDDY"....In the Park in my opinion everything is how it should be , it´s magical in the Night ;)

I also Love It the way it is!!!!! (Makes it more real and magical), Would't be the same at night without it (eg. frontierland).

James.  :donald:

andrewg112

The park buildings do look lovely at night, and having a knolege of this kind of lighting, the lights on thair own will cost a few hendred pounds each, and the cable, and then the controllers which for theair lighting must be a few grand each. The searchlights they use for the 15th anniverrsery thing at night, must cost a few thousand, but the final result really does look magical
-Andrewg112-
We can achieve our dreams, if we have enough courage to persue them!

disney-dan

i think all they need to help light the way down the river side are thise low level lights you get on steps and things, just to illuminate the walkway. no need for huge flood lights and the like
Have a Magical day!!

DD