Studios had a bigger (new year) fireworks display!

Started by Filip, January 05, 2009, 10:31:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Filip

From the first youtube videos of the NewYears firework display is clear that Studios had a bigger and richer fireworks display with the use of large shells, which are usually only used in the main park on the 14th of July. I never understood why they dont use them on the 31st december in the main park too(this can not be because of the villagers, everybody is celebrating the new year). Does anybody know more or why is that?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1--FQjpnKhU

coruscantpt

Well from what i know, Disneyland Park can use big shells during the New Year Celebration. And they used to. But not as much as they do in 14 july in the last years. Don't know why but thats a fact.
As for the firework in the studios, is was by far better than the one in Disneyland Park, much more richer in fireworks with different sizes, but especially the big shells. Great firework there =D>
DLP - July 1994 / March 2002 / August 2007 / December 2010 / 2011 - Anual Passholder \":P\"

WDW - May 2006 / May 2008 / August 2009

never2old

I thought the two displays were supposed to be the same in DLP and WDS?

I still have to see the video (not so easy in the office...  :wink: ), thanks for that, I was looking this weekend for one but couldn't find it!

casschr05

I thought they were supposed to have the same display??
was it a change of plan then?

The Butlin Boy

It looks like they were a bit different then. We watched it in the Disneyland Park, and I can't imaging the build up to it being as good in the Studios, nor the view being better though (DLP had a DJ Pary in Main Street with colour changing lights and spotlights on the Castle, with the beautiful castle in the foreground of the fireworks. In WDS, as far as I know they had the DJ party on the stage in front of Stitch and Cinemagique, with the fireworks going off in Moteurs Action, having the breath-taking view of........a concrete path :| )

:roll:  :P

Filip

Well still, i think these big shells make much better New Years Welcome then the small home style fireworks la chateua in background. i think they used those big ones in wds to compensate the concrete and no disney background. I think this is really cheap and not fair,,,, they said and they are supposed to use and they could do perfect firework display even in the main park. and this is not clearly a money or noise issue.
have no idea why was that.... they should and could do much better as we see... at least for new years eve and christmas,   this gives me in my mind - next time better WDW then??

Anthony

As the first ever public firework display at the Studios, that is SOME show!

But... they launched them from Moteurs Action? I was expecting it to be behind STT, so that ToT was the focal point. Maybe not enough people would be able to see...? This is an amazing display but does lack quite a bit like Butlin Boy says.

I'm impressed how many people chose to see in the new year at the park though. That bodes well. :)

Flounder

Aloha,

I finally had the chance to see the fireworks from the Disneyland Park yesterday (on video) and I compared it to my recording from the Studios. The one in the Studios really seemed to be more impressive in terms of colours and heights - loved that one much more. As I saw it in person it looked only somwhat ok, as I now saw the one from the Park I was really disappointed with that - even the one from 2007 looked better. But that's just how I felt when seeing it on tape ... no real comparison to seeing it in person.

Cheers,
Flounder

Flounder

Quote from: "Anthony"But... they launched them from Moteurs Action? I was expecting it to be behind STT, so that ToT was the focal point.
Yes, they did! Right from behind Moteurs Action and Rock'n Roller Coaster. They enforced all people a few minutes before midnight to go to that part of the park as most of the people where standing somehwere in front of HTH!

Cheers,
Flounder

experiment627

I still think using the "Believe in Holiday Magic" score is the oddest choice DLRP could make regarding a New Year's Eve fireworks show...

coruscantpt

Me too... Something more cheerfull would be a better choice
DLP - July 1994 / March 2002 / August 2007 / December 2010 / 2011 - Anual Passholder \":P\"

WDW - May 2006 / May 2008 / August 2009

Anthony

At least they've stopped using that awful rock track from the Narnia "inspired by" CD. Worst. fireworks. ever.

The Treasure Planet score was brilliant for New Year, having both the sweeping orchestra to launch and then moving into the Celtic/Irish (I'm guessing) finale. It didn't matter if no-one had seen the film, the music was perfect.

Anyone who was there -- what kind of music were they playing for the "DJ Party" in either park? They seemed to be saying that DLP would be more "family" orientated (so Miley Cyrus, etc?) whilst WDS would be more for teens and adults (chart music?). Just wondering if that was actually the case.

Flounder

Quote from: "Anthony"Anyone who was there -- what kind of music were they playing for the "DJ Party" in either park?
In the Studios they played a permanent (annoying) bass drum (I think it was supposed to be some kind of dance music - don't ask me as I am not a real fan of that kinda music) that was accompanied by instrumental versions of older songs like Depeche Mode's Just can't get enough ... well, that's the only one I can remember. It wasn't really inviting to dance or party at all :(

Cheers,
Flounder

The Butlin Boy

Quote from: "Anthony"Anyone who was there -- what kind of music were they playing for the "DJ Party" in either park? They seemed to be saying that DLP would be more "family" orientated (so Miley Cyrus, etc?) whilst WDS would be more for teens and adults (chart music?). Just wondering if that was actually the case.

In the Disneyland Park, they had disco music, ranging from old classics like 'Burn Baby Burn (Disco Infrerno :-" )' and Michael Jackson's 'Thriller', to more modern songs like We're all in this together (High School Musical) and many more. They stopped for a minute or two at about 11:50, then played one or two Christmas-y songs before going into the fireworks. :)

The CMs were great as well, they did a really good job as crowd control at first, and then got into the spirit at about quarter to Twelve, when they started encouraging the crowds, starting Mexican waves, dancing, etc :D/  :wink:

Elwell2009

I think the displays are the same other than studios had bigger shells to make up for the lack anything intresting to launch fireworks around lol

I still think the setting of the castle makes any fireworks there better than others.

Matt