Fantasyland Expansion Rumours - Little Mermaid and more

Started by Kristof, August 09, 2008, 02:23:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thedeejay

(yeah, here the atmosphere is relaxed, I post that because I know they quote my messages...)

For the Little Mermaid, a model was n backstages, until we release the news.

Apparently, they wanted to keep it secret...

_Natalie_x

Ive performed on this stage before and been to that backstage bit (red bit on the picture from page one) ;)
there are lots of trailers which i assume the cast members use as changing rooms. :) we kept all our costumes and things in one before the show, and then changed in the actual fantasyland stage building, must go beneath the train ;D
We made a wish.. and believed and believed and VOILA![/color]
Here we are... <3[/b]

CafeFantasia

Speaking of models of the Little Mermaid ride, here are some new images, fresh from the Blue Sky Cellar at Disney California Adventure:

You can find more on MiceChat.com

dagobert

Thanks for the pictures Alan! I really hope that this attraction will make it's way to Paris. It looks amazing. As long as I don't see any great concept art about Ratatouille. I prefere this ride to be the next attraction. Unfortunately it will not get built. That's a real Disney attraction!!

Martyn

Whats all this chat about KFC & Virgin Megastore in the Village??! Bloody hope not!lol

dagobert

I really hope that KFC will not come to DV. McDonalds is enough. I can't imagine that a Virgin megastore is coming since they closed nearly all stores around the globe.

ICHAPMAN

Interestingly I note that Jim Hill's article today adds further fuel to the 'Little Mermaid' rumour.

Taken from http://jimhillmedia.com/blogs/jim_hill/ ... ideos.aspx

QuoteBeyond that ... Given how impressive Disney's World of Color is, Disneyana fans are already wondering when they might see a seasonal variation of this new DCA show. Well, according to something I saw on Saturday, there's already a tentative plan in place for a holiday version of WOC to be up & running at DCA by early November of 2012.

Mind you, this list of future plans for the Disney theme parks did feature some projects that have already canceled / postponed (EX: That Seven Dwarfs-themed mine train coaster that was in development for WDW's Magic Kingdom) as well as a few things that Mouse House executives has yet to talk about in public (EX: The Company's plan to add a clone of "The Little Mermaid: Ariel's Undersea Adventure" to the Disneyland Paris Resort's assortment of attractions)[/i]. So that 2012 launch of the holiday version of Disney's World of Color isn't necessarily written in stone.

_Natalie_x

Wow ! That ride looks fantastic i would definitley love that !
Me and my friend were imagineering a ride similar to the format of this for a new Princess and the Frog ride. :P Kind of play out the story of the film :D
i really hope they bring this ride to DLP :D
thanks for the pictures x
We made a wish.. and believed and believed and VOILA![/color]
Here we are... <3[/b]

peter

I'm just wondering, if they're getting rid of toontown at wdw, why not send the buildings to paris

dagobert

Quote from: "peter"I'm just wondering, if they're getting rid of toontown at wdw, why not send the buildings to paris

Hopefully not! Toontown at WDW is one of the ugliest places in a Disney themepark.

Martyn

And there was me thinking there was some kind of exciting update..... :lol:

Timbo

I agree Toontown was a quick pop up land for Mickeys 60th birthday and ended up being permanent ! It is too brash and bright for our beautiful park , although Mickeys house tour was fun !

CafeFantasia

Looking at the model again, this ride seems to have a similar track layout and duration to Buzz Lightyear Laser Blast. It even goes in a big Circle-Vision sized room at one point (although Buzz's is split in half into two semi-circular rooms, I think).

Eager_Eyes

I think that the plans look exactly like the nemo ride in the living seas in Epcot.  In fact I think that they're going to do something v.similar just with some different themeing I'm a bit disapointed by this, I was hoping for something a little more inventive but then again I guess I should reserve judgement until a little closer to the time.

Scissorsboi

I don't really see and similarities between the two, The Seas is much more heavily focused on the 'aquarium' finale, which this won't have. This is more of a traditional Disney darkride (picking the most interesting parts of the movie, jumbling them to fit a ride and then making it as high capacity as possible!) which is more animatronic/scenery focused, from what I can remember of The Seas, it was mainly plain show scenes using screens to show the characters?

It would be awesome if they did have an aquarium at some point, which had projected Sebastian/Flounder in it like they do at the end of The Seas With Nemo & Friends though!
"...keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things" - Walt.