Temporary fun fair style attractions for WDS!?

Started by Remco K., July 20, 2008, 05:03:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Remco K.

Disneytheque made a very surprising report. According to this site, WDS will receive 3 temporary fun fair style rides on the field behind The Art of Disney Animation. This would be for Mickey's birthday.

Can this really be thrue? It's hard to believe, but when you look at Animal Kingdom for example, they have a 'fun fair' as well.

I really hope this won't be happening!

The Butlin Boy

I've just read this myself, I'm not sure what to think of it. If it is true, how themed will they be? Is it really worth it? Make of it what you will. Below is a link and a copy of a translated version from Google translations:

QuoteJuly 19, 2008
From April 2009, the resort will live to the rhythm of 80 years of Mickey and on the 2 parks. Today, we offer you find some info on what awaits us.Even if we do not know all the festivities, we already know that Walt Disney Studios are hosting a new attraction: Playhouse Disney: Live on Stage and a new parade Disney's Stars' n 'Cars Event.

At the same time, the studios welcome 3 new attractions such funfair on the lawn between Studio Tram Tour and Toon Studio and on a temporary basis.Among these new thematic, we should find a great ride we call Surf Rider.On a circuit U-shaped, your board skate or surf, it depends on the theme, moves from one end to another. In addition to the movement carried out on track, turn on your seats themselves in the image of Crush's Coaster.The 2 other attractions, plus family, should be a parachute drop (as Jumpin Jellyfish to be found at Disney's California Adventure) and a flat ride.

In parallel, Disneyland will host a new show on Central Plaza. To this end, a new scene, the greater will be installed and according to our information, it could be equipped with a system to climb and descend. On Main Street USA and the castle, decorations of course take place, but remain in line with what we know today for 15 years. The Disney Character Express stops between 2 and 3 weeks in late March to resume service in April under new colors, those of Mickey (yellow, white, red and black). Another idea to show planned at a time was to use one of the sternwheelers of the attraction Thunder Mesa Riverboat Landing located in Frontierland but this idea has perhaps been abandoned since ...

Link: http://www.disneytheque.com/index.php?/ ... Party.html

Pete's Dragon

hope this is true. when's it gonna happen. pre-sept. i hope [-o<

RnRCj

Pleeeease don't let this be true! :shock: Horrible. Horrible. Horrible. Not Disney at all!

I think the Imagineers have forgotten to take their medication.

littlemermaid83

Them rides look erm dangerous and slighty tacky.
Tomorrow, tomorrow, I love you, tomorrow,... You're always a day closer to my next Disney trip!

Maarten

Quote from: "Pete's Dragon"hope this is true. when's it gonna happen. pre-sept. i hope [-o<

Are you serious?! No offend, but have your expectations of a Disney themepark sunk that low?  :o

I never thought they would even dare to think about something like this. A sad day in Disney themepark history. Remember, if it would have been permanent flat rides with a themed environment (think Flying Carpets over Argrabah, Orbitron, Cars or Mad Hatters Teacups) we were talking about here, it would be fine... but this sounds just like a tacky fair! The ugly billboard is gone, but the tackiness comes right back at the other end of the park. Its Dinoland U.S.A. all over again.

By the way, the management claims on its coorporate website:

QuoteFor Guests big and small, Disneyland® Resort Paris is a place where they can immerse themselves in a story-based experience. With a whirl of the entrance turnstile, Guests are transported to a magical land where they can meet and interact with favorite Disney characters.

The story-based experience extends to all aspects of the park-even thrill rides. Storytelling starts before Guests even reach the attraction.

We strive to provide Guests with a quality Resort experience. Guests are coming in record numbers for the quality immersive experience for which Disney is known. Exceeding the expectations of our Guests continues to be a priority.

We have a great product, a magical product, a product that drives emotional connections. Our strategies and tactics are working, and we are focused on continuing to build momentum in our business.

How pathetic.

Pete's Dragon

the way I see it, the more rides the better. yes, they do lok a bit tacky, but are they fun to go on ? If it isnt permanant, good, like a flavour of the month.
I remember when we went in 2004, there was a games convention in a giant white tent at the lake. Anything to do with Disney, no. Amusing for an hour or two, yes.

Maarten

Quote from: "Pete's Dragon"the way I see it, the more rides the better. yes, they do lok a bit tacky, but are they fun to go on ? If it isnt permanant, good, like a flavour of the month.

Quantity over quality, thats the true Disney spirit. :wink:

I don't expect it to be temporary, just look at the former billboard at the Walt Disney Studios entrance.

penfold12

Please tell me this is not true!! This is not what Disney is about at all. Disney is a "Theme" park, not an "amusement" park. Where is the theming in this???

To be honest, this would actually put me off visiting the park. I would rather go without an attraction for a while, and save the money, then use it to create a Disney attraction. The park has a bad enough reputation, that it is slowly managing to loose. This not only takes it back to square one, but actually makes it worse than before.

I really hope this is just a rumour and never transpires :evil:

davewasbaloo

Quote from: "Maarten"
Quote from: "Pete's Dragon"the way I see it, the more rides the better. yes, they do lok a bit tacky, but are they fun to go on ? If it isnt permanant, good, like a flavour of the month.

Quantity over quality, thats the true Disney spirit. :wink:

I don't expect it to be temporary, just look at the former billboard at the Walt Disney Studios entrance.

Maarten - sadly you and I are outmoded. In 20 years it will be toons and thrills don't you know ;-)
since 2001 (many before that)

davewasbaloo

Quote from: "penfold12"Please tell me this is not true!! This is not what Disney is about at all. Disney is a "Theme" park, not an "amusement" park. Where is the theming in this???

To be honest, this would actually put me off visiting the park. I would rather go without an attraction for a while, and save the money, then use it to create a Disney attraction. The park has a bad enough reputation, that it is slowly managing to loose. This not only takes it back to square one, but actually makes it worse than before.

I really hope this is just a rumour and never transpires :evil:

I absolutely agree!

Pete's Dragon

QuoteAt the same time, the studios welcome 3 new attractions such funfair on the lawn between Studio Tram Tour and Toon Studio and on a temporary basis.

Is there any plans for permanant rides at this location ? Could this be a filler until the Imagineers get something together. WDS doesn't have many rides ( have never needed to spend a full day in it, in order to cover everything ) and with the extra attendance during the 15th anniversary, maybe someone decided on a temp solution. You want a theme, umm how about a Grease theme . Its a film, they have a funfair at the end. Sorted.

If it was permanant I wouldnt be happy. I wouldn't go as far as to say I would avoid DLRP for a while. Because you dont agree with one aspect of the park, it doesn't call for a total boycot. That's cutting your nose off to spite your face  :|

davewasbaloo

Quote from: "Pete's Dragon"
QuoteIf it was permanant I wouldnt be happy. I wouldn't go as far as to say I would avoid DLRP for a while. Because you dont agree with one aspect of the park, it doesn't call for a total boycot. That's cutting your nose off to spite your face  :|

Nope, I would boycott it.  I have before and would again (I am currently boycotting WDW).  I would go to DL or TDL instead.

Pete's Dragon

QuoteI have before and would again (I am currently boycotting WDW)

sorry to ask, but I am unfamiliar with your problem with WDW. :?:

davewasbaloo

I won't go into too much detail ad nauseum, but the quality of the Magic Kingdom, the closing of Pleasure Island, the maintenance of the wave pool at typhoon lagoon causing it to close, the pay parties at the MK most weekends this year, the poor maintenance of AA's, the lack of cleanliness at the hotels (I stayed in a deluxe room in Animal Kingdom Lodge last time) andth woeful bus service is sooooo subpar compared to the quality of Disneyland and even Disneyland Paris.

I like quality experience, and that is what Disney used to offer (still does in California thank god) and Paris starts to get it right and vears off track every few years.