Hidden areas in the parks

Started by nathan.jackson, July 09, 2008, 02:56:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nathan.jackson

Are there any hidden areas or lesser known places in either parks that I may have missed before?

:D/

Flounder

Well, tell us what you've seen so far  :mrgreen:

Cheers,
Flounder

nathan.jackson

I'm pretty sure there was this video about a pasageway somewhere but I can't really remember!!

Riebi

The covered walkway video is here:

[youtube:2iduq2w8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mafwLffVbVM[/youtube:2iduq2w8]

:D
Wer nämlich mit "H" schreibt ist dämlich.

...the DPG is watching U...

Flounder

It took me several visits to find the lookout in Skull's Rock :)

BlueClouds

WOW i never knew about that covered walkway!!! It's certainly something I now know I'll use if ever it rains in the park. :D
Yo ho, Haul together, hoist the colours high
Heave ho, thieves and beggars, Never shall we die!

davewasbaloo

Quote from: "BlueClouds"WOW i never knew about that covered walkway!!! It's certainly something I now know I'll use if ever it rains in the park. :D

We almost always use it because it is so quiet. Once upon a time you could walk from the Main Street train station to PotC undercover. But then they made the adventureland bazaar a restaraurant that is rarely open :-(

My fav hidden spots are the walkways, boot hill, Adventure Isle, the gazebos in Fantasia Gardens and so many more.
since 2001 (many before that)

Kristof

QuoteBut then they made the adventureland bazaar a restaraurant that is rarely open :-(

Agrabah Café is open since last year on a daily base.  :)

davewasbaloo

cool, it has been closed almost every time we have been to the resort including last June.

Kuzco

Quote from: "Riebi"The covered walkway video is here:

[youtube:1tyv8bou]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mafwLffVbVM[/youtube:1tyv8bou]

:D

OMG...there's that video again...hilarious...but not in the good way :D

Talking about hidden area's: I've never walked down the river (or what's it called?) between the Santa Fe and Cheyenne Hotel. On Google maps there seems to be a (little) waterfall at the end (or the beginning if you will) of this 'river'. Is it? I'm going to check next week. Never been in that area before.

Other neat parts are offcourse Skull Rock and the caves below the Swiss Family Robinson Treehouse. As far as Walt Disney Studio's concerned: no hidden area's there as far as I know.
No touchy!

pussinboots

Quote from: "davewasbaloo"We almost always use it because it is so quiet. Once upon a time you could walk from the Main Street train station to PotC undercover. But then they made the adventureland bazaar a restaraurant that is rarely open :-(

My fav hidden spots are the walkways, boot hill, Adventure Isle, the gazebos in Fantasia Gardens and so many more.

How would one get from Main Street Station to the Liberty Arcade undercover? There was never a cover between the Storybook Store and the arcade, was there?

I can never quite fathom how so many people are able to miss this walkway, though; it seems pretty out there. But I suppose it's for the best, otherwise it would be the busiest place in the park on a rainy or hot day.

davewasbaloo

Ok, from the entrance of Liberty Arcade to PotC

davewasbaloo

I just watched that video.  Really funny!

Clarebelle

I have heard that there is a family of beavers in Seqouia lodge? is this true? and is it a hidden gem of disney?
5th Anniversary - Hotel Santa Fe
Christmas 06 - The Kyraid Hotel (extended vistit <!-- s]

davewasbaloo

There is a beaver dam at SL, it's in the little waterfall by the gazebo near to the pool lodge.