Future Project Rumours

Started by Kristof, July 08, 2008, 01:16:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

littlemermaid83

I'm so excited for the Little Mermaid ride!!

Toystory Land still not 100% impressed but hope it looks better than it sounds.

Good times ahead for DLP *yipee!*
Tomorrow, tomorrow, I love you, tomorrow,... You're always a day closer to my next Disney trip!

tigger123

Splash Mountain, Sourin and Philharmagic were all some of my favourite rides at WDW so I hope that these ones are true :)

Japper

Maybe we get to know more at the annual report this tuesday?! :) I hope so!

lil-shawn

hey folks,

someone had written at DCP,
that share of star tours 2 will be tested in dlrp,
as well as in other parks.

someone knows more?

Willow

Quote from: "lil-shawn"hey folks,

someone had written at DCP,
that share of star tours 2 will be tested in dlrp,
as well as in other parks.

someone knows more?

It has been rumoured for many years that Star Tours 2 is coming and that they are using one of Disneyland Paris' simulators. Nobody really knows the truth behind it all.
The latest rumour I heard about Star Tours 2 was that they were now testing in Body Wars at Epcot.

luke85

I'm so excited about the proposed additions! but i guess we'll just have to wait for an announcement... i do hope it's sooner rather than later!! [-o<  :D/

Magicalmouse125

I'm glad that disney still has plans for the future. But i hope that after all this the park will just go back to normal. No celebrations. Normal entertainment. Seasons with their own parades.
As much as i do love the 15th anniversary and am looking forward to MMP after that they should just go back to normal. At least until their 20th then they can have the biggest party in the world
[size=150]Long Live MagicForum![/size]

Love From Magical Mouse 125

experiment627

For what it's worth:

In the latest issue of FVW, Germany's leading tourism trade magazine, Norbert Stiekema (Head of Sales at DLRP) confirms that Disney is working on a second five year plan that will kick in 2010 with new attractions.

From what he's saying, Disney will also stick to the "theme"-years like the 15th and MMP in the future...

luke85

Quote from: "experiment627"From what he's saying, Disney will also stick to the "theme"-years like the 15th and MMP in the future...

One word sprung to my mind when reading this; Why? There is no need to keep themeing DLP, it's the best park I've ever been to, it doesn't need it :(

RnRCj

Quote from: "experiment627"For what it's worth:

In the latest issue of FVW, Germany's leading tourism trade magazine, Norbert Stiekema (Head of Sales at DLRP) confirms that Disney is working on a second five year plan that will kick in 2010 with new attractions.

From what he's saying, Disney will also stick to the "theme"-years like the 15th and MMP in the future...

Surely new attractions are enough to bring in guests? There theme years are pointless unless it's a significant birthday.

luke85

Quote from: "RnRCj"
Quote from: "experiment627"For what it's worth:

Surely new attractions are enough to bring in guests? There theme years are pointless unless it's a significant birthday.

Totally agree, I liked the 15th celebrations because it was a milestone, and was worth celebrating. But there seems nothing celebratory to me about MMP. New attractions is what DLP needs, and to stop wasting money on trash like Dance Time in Discoveyland!

experiment627

Quote from: "RnRCj"Surely new attractions are enough to bring in guests? There theme years are pointless unless it's a significant birthday.

Yes - and no. According to Stiekema, new rides like ToT attract mainly locals and not so much people who come from further away and might actually book a stay at DLRP.
He calls it the "Eiffel Tower Syndrome": it doesn't matter if you are going to visit the Eiffel Tower this year or the next or in 15 - it will be still there. Same goes for rides.

What Disney is trying to do is to create some kind of urgency to attract guests repeatedly. And they are trying to do that with these kind of "theme" or "motto" years.
And - from a marketing point of view - that makes a whole lot of sense.
(Not discussing the quality of these motto years here.)

Stiekema also mentioned, that future motto years and attractions are supposed to tie in better together.

Owain

Quote from: "experiment627"Stiekema also mentioned, that future motto years and attractions are supposed to tie in better together.

Critter year ! - motto
Attraction - splash mountain !

:lol:  [-o<

luke85

Quote from: "Owain"
Quote from: "experiment627"Stiekema also mentioned, that future motto years and attractions are supposed to tie in better together.

Critter year ! - motto
Attraction - splash mountain !

:lol:  [-o<
I'd be happy with this haha!

RnRCj

That would be good! :lol:  

Just out of interest - if Splash Mountain did come to Paris would Cottonwood Creek become Critter Country, or would the area just remain as Frontierland?

I'd hope for Critter Country personally.