Future Project Rumours

Started by Kristof, July 08, 2008, 01:16:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kristof

Regarding Winnie the Pooh, I can't confirm this attraction, but I do know that the plan I've been shown, had TLM behind the Fantasyland Station with another large show building next to it?  Perhaps that's where it's going?  Would be a nice transition from the UK section of Fantasyland to the Storybook Land section.

luke85

Quote from: "Kristof"Regarding Winnie the Pooh, I can't confirm this attraction, but I do know that the plan I've been shown, had TLM behind the Fantasyland Station with another large show building next to it?  Perhaps that's where it's going?  Would be a nice transition from the UK section of Fantasyland to the Storybook Land section.
This would be cool! I love the British part of Fantasyland, so any more additions to it would be very welcome in my opinion!

dagobert

How is Disney funding these new attractions? Does The Walt Disney Company pay for them or does Euro Disney SCA make new debts?

I liked the Winnie Pooh attraction at WDW so I really hope that it will make its way to DLRP.

Willow

I'm not actually sure were the money comes from, I just know every 5 years they have a medium term development plan.

Like the last cycle brought us TOT which took up a lot of the money.

I would hope that the Pooh ride would be as big as the Tokyo version but the WDW is pretty good, maybe some "plussing" can go on, doubt it.
Little Mermaid dark-ride will be epic, especially if it a carbon copy of the California Adventure version (which I heard WDW have just ordered a verson of).

RnRCj

Something else I just found on Disney Central Plaza, posted by laji:
QuotePlusieurs choses très intéressantes :

_ EDL avait jusque 2010/2011 pour construire son deuxième parc (on à souvent entendu dire qu'ils avaient été contraints de le construire en urgence pour ne pas perdre les terrains)

_ Ce deuxième parc est considéré aujourd'hui comme un demi-parc par EDL (enfin réaliste !)

_ Le parc aquatique fait bien partie de la convention de 1987 et sera donc très probablement construit avant 2017

_ Le troisième parc ne fait pas partie de la convention initiale mais EDL souhaite bel et bien le voir sortir de terre (malheureusement pas avant 2030 ...)

_ La phase 3 qui doit s'achever en 2010 a pris du retard, en particulier le développement du Disney Village (manquent encore 18 000 m2 d'extensions)

_ La phase 4 qui suivra comprendra entre autre un disney village 2 avec 40 000 m2 d'activités commerciales thématiques à l'horizon 2015

Plus beaucoup d'autres infos ...
Put through a translator:
QuoteSeveral very interesting things:

_ EDL had until 2010/2011 to build its second park (on often heard to say they were forced to build urgently not to lose the land)

_ The second park is regarded as half a park by EDL (well realistic!)

_ The water park is part of the Convention of 1987 and will most likely built before 2017

_ The third park is not part of the original EDL but really wants to see out of the ground (unfortunately not before 2030 ...)

_ Phase 3 to be completed in 2010 has been delayed, particularly the development of Disney Village (missing 18 000 m2 of extension)

_ Phase 4 which will include amongst others the disney village 2 with 40 000 m2 of business themes for 2015

Plus a lot more info ...
Water Park before 2017?! That would be awesome, especially if it was Lava Lagoon. :)

3rd park after 2030; a little further away than I thought, but oh well.

Disney Village expansion supposed to take place next year; delayed (shame).

Something about Disney Village 2 in 2015. :?:

Can anyone make any more sense out of this?

pussinboots

Yeah, that's pretty much it. It says the Disney Village expansion has been delayed, but apparently a second entertainment district is planned for about 2015. How odd; where would it go without a third park?

Perhaps they've given up on the existing Disney Village and want to go back to the drawing board, haha.

And it does hint at Lava Lagoon ("part of the 1987 convention")... But then again, the Walt Disney Studios were also a part of that, and it/they went through a few changes for the worse. So who knows.

Willow

When you start talking about years in advance like this too many things can change to make dates unrealistic.

Look at WDW, last year there were a number of strongly rumoured projects which could be open for 2010. Now there won't be anything/very little. Thats a change from 1 year away.

Who knows what can change when your talking 10-20 years away.

RnRCj

Here's one rumour that I sincerely hope is not true.

Toy Story Mania in...

Frontierland.

That's what popped up in the rumours topic on Disney Central Plaza. Now, of course, it's only a rumour that probably won't happen. But to be honest, it really wouldn't surprise me... :|

Anthony

LOL!

That was my immediate response. But actually, looking at the area of DisneySea where it's rumoured for... and looking back at Cottonwood Creek Ranch... there's a crossover there. There really is. :|

I actually don't think having cartoony creatures like Mickey Mouse or the Splash Mountain gang in Cottonwood Creek would feel wrong, and if they decorated the attraction to the degree of DCA's but with a barnyard style it certainly wouldn't be awful (far from it), but the danger of Toy Story Midway Mania is that it includes those 1990s/2000s toys like Potato Head, Rex, etc... They could never put those in Frontierland! Could they?

And what about Toy Story Playland? I don't believe they'd build that land and then add a dark ride in a different park with the same theme.

Now, maybe if they rethemed Midway Mania it to Mickey's Barnyard Olympics or something... With references to Walt's childhood in Marceline. Going behind Cowboy Cookout Barbeque, it wouldn't even block the possibility of Splash. It could create quite a brilliant and high-capacity sub-land.

Willow

It wouldn't be too difficult for the rides games to change.

The ride was designed with upgrades to the games in mind. So it can be a clone but effectively a totally different ride.

The Butlin Boy

Quote from: "RnRCj"Here's one rumour that I sincerely hope is not true.

Toy Story Mania in...

Frontierland.

That's what popped up in the rumours topic on Disney Central Plaza. Now, of course, it's only a rumour that probably won't happen. But to be honest, it really wouldn't surprise me... :|

Well that's...erm... that's...interesting! :|  :?

Surely not? Surely?

kmara

now, that can't be true, can it?? :roll:  :?  :-k
DLP]

March 1995 - Walt Disney World Florida

never2old

Well, you already have the Toy Story characters in Frontierland... But I agree it would be a horrible mistake. They would put it next to Woody's Roundup and ruin the land once and for all.

The only land I could see the Toy Story mania is Fantasyland, to give it something more for the grown ups, and even there it wouldn't be perfect... No, Toy Story Mania should go to the Studios. We need more great rides there.

Nala_84

Well, it really seems likes ages since I've last logged in on the forum... one reason for that is that I'll have a lot to do for Uni, and the other thing is that we won't go to DLRP this year, but instead we're going to WDW for the very first time in November  :D/

So my attention of DLRP this year wasn't very big... now that I read through some topics and saw some pics...
...How does the Castle look?!  :shock:

And what about all those rumours here? Just related to the things last written in here: Toy Story Mania in Frontierland?! Is that meant seriously, or was that just a joke?
[size=85]1992 - Disneyland Paris - 1-day-trip
2000 - Disneyland Paris - Santa Fe
2004 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Cheyenne
2005 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Santa Fe
2007 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Newport BayClub
2008 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Sequoia Lodge
2009 - Walt Disney World
[/size]

lil-shawn

all the rumours are great, but i really think they just bring us
2 dark rides and toystory playland, due to buget cuts. as long as persons
like robert iger need his $30 million a year of paycheck, or someone like jay rasulo
say he wants in every park the same ride, we will never se something like splash mountain
or indian jones adventures.

i think its sad that they´re on the way of spending less money to the parks, but fill they´re own pocket with a lot of money.