When do you feel magical?

Started by charliegal, July 03, 2008, 01:07:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

charliegal

Im so unbelivably excited about going to Disneyland again this Summer and was just wandering at what point does the magic start for you! In my oppinion.... it sounds weird but its when you go under the Disneyland hotel and you can hear the Mainstreet music and are about to put ure ticket in the machine  :D I also get shivers down my spine when I hear the ticking clock from Small World and the different interpretations of the theme song outside the ride. I always forget how annoying the ticking is!  :shock:

Kuzco

Offcourse nothing can beat actualling being at the resort itself. But I also enjoy listening to Disneyland music while browsing the internet for news, pictures and video's of the park. Or reading From Sketch to reality...all those things give me that Disney Magic when I'm not able to be at the Resort itself. But when I actually do get to visit the Resort, the Magic starts right after we enter Disney property by car. You notice that right away as the greenery alongside the roads is obviously taken good care of. And then in the distance you see the pink facade of the Disneyland hotel (preferably with the sun hitting it and a blue sky above it ;) ).  Nothing can beat that  :)

Or, when you arrive by TGV/RER, the moment you enrer the trainstation and see the spires of the Disneyland Hotel.

I don't nessicarily need to be in the Parks to feel the Disney Magic. Just hanging around at the Hotels, Disney Village etc. is enough. Just BEING there, is quite enough for me ;)
No touchy!

GeoffD

on the newer RER's with the route maps and light up stations, the lights going out one by one.    :lol:  
Also as the RER pulls into the station you can look up the verge and see the Tower of Terror.  Just knowing you're close gets me excited

Epcot_Boy

:hello:

As soon as I step foot on eurostar (Or rarely the plane ) then I just start smiling  :) and saying hello to everyone and smiling :) and, well just smiling :)
The holiday has started and I'm ready for the all magic that will be coming my way =D>  :D/

Epcot_Boy :ears:

David

MinniesBestPal

I think the most magical part for me is driving under the main gates, and going along those escalator things. I get all these butterflies, and I just can't wait to get there! Just the music gets me all excited!

Javey74

For me it's on the approach to the entrance below the DLH, once through to Main Street it's the view in the distance, the SB Castle.  :D

It's funny though that charliegal should mention the ticking clock of IASW, that also gives me shivers when I first hear it, not sure why, whether it's the size of the facade or knowing what's inside there, with the clock just giving you the incling of where you're heading... :lol:  :wink:

Soap

Stepping out of my own door and KNOW that when i get in my car that i will be in Disney within 6 hours.....
Just that thought itself gives me goosebumps!
Entering Main street, hearing the lovely sounds, smelling that delicious smells all over the place....ohmen...missing tha place already SO much  :cry:
"All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them." Walt Disney

toonarmylass

this may sound silly but for me its soon as i book it, the excitment ofcounting the days, the look on matthews face when he finally realises that hes going back, even paying for it its all makes it magical as i know sooner than you think its going to be here im getting on a train, im going to  a hotel, im getting on eurostar omg im here im here im here. its all magical to me

RockNRoller

Always travel on Eurostar and the magic moment for me is as you pull into the station and you get that first glimpse of SM:M2. You know you have arrived.
Then of course every morning when I open the curtains in hotel NY and look out over lake Disney.
DLRP 2000,01,02,03,04x2,05,06,07,08,09,10,11,13, 14, 2015 (Booked)

"Pumba, not in front of the kids"

-breeno-

Mine is when you touch down in CDG airport, for me thats when the magic starts, i've always liked the CDG airport (don't know why being that alot of people thinks it ugly but i love that terminal with all those stair lifts, we're arriving there this year for the first time since a few years :D  :P ) and knowing that now your just a coach ride away from DLRP is just a great feeling, but walking through the hotel doors is a great feeling for me, walking in there means "here we are, DLRP".

And in just 10 days i shall be reliving the above moments :D/
"You\'re dead if you aim only for kids. Adults are only kids grown up, anyway."
- Walt Disney

DisneyMagic Live Chat - Just click to join!

ailsa

Mine's when I set off! I get excited and turn into a little kid :D Even though this time I have to get up at 5am!!!! I still will be bouncing around!

Snow_White_Girl

I get excited from the minute I get in the car to go to the airport (usually with Disney's Greatest Hits on the CD player!)... Then when I get there it's just seeing the Disneyland Hotel and the park entrance that gives me butterflies, and I know that for the next few days I can just forget all my worries and responsibilities and be a kid again without a care in the world.... 3 weeks on Thursday! :D/

\":lamp:\"

never2old

We normally drive to DLRP, so for me the magic starts when we drive past the first sign in the motorway (with Mickey  :D )... Then when I see the Panoramagique balloon I start getting really excited (if I wasn't in the car I would be jumping up and down), but then once we exit the motorway, and we start the drive up to the park, with the Disneyland Hotel in the distance, the ToT to the left, and the Newport Bay to the right... Well I'm a kid again. I start giggling like a mad person and clapping my hands... Unless I'm driving - which I try to avoid at that point because I'm too excited about what's coming to pay any attention to the cars around me....

dlrp-mad

Yes, for me it would have to be as soon as I board the shuttle bus. I am a terrible flyer, I can't stand travelling on an aeroplane so that's the only bit I hate - my family don't like travelling by Eurostar or anything else (sad, I know :P).

I love the atmosphere down Main Street USA, it really is magical. I love to take a photo of the castle from that viewpoint. I also feel quite magical when I play disney's music on the piano or read a fabulous book I bought at the resort titled 'Imagineering'. I really would reccomend it, it's great! :D

dlrp-mad :mickey2:

dlrp trips:Debut] August 2006 - Sequoia Lodge December 2007 - Disneyland Hotel July 2008 - Newport Bay Club

RnRCj

I start getting excited from the second we book our trips to DLRP. In fact, I'm excited pretty much all the time because I'm anticipating my next trip, even if it's not booked. :lol:

But I get really excited when we pass through CDG on the Eurostar - It's at that point I know I'm within 10 minutes of the resort! I then look out the windows of the train and focus on the hills in the background looking for Tower Of Terror.

Then I get off the train at Marne-La-Vallee Chessy, and I hear the sound of "Just Like We Dreamed It" playing in the station.  I get a sudden burst of excitement and I'm usually the first one up the escalators and out of the station! :P