A Fairytale Christmas (2005)

Started by Anthony, September 17, 2005, 10:33:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anthony

Disney's Christmas Season: A Fairytale Christmas
5th November - 8th january 2005

Disneyland Park will once again celebrate "A Fairytale Christmas" this November, December and January, so here's a topic to discuss everything about the most magical season of them all!

If you want to discuss the Christmas celebrations in other parts of the resort, check out their own topics in other sections of the forum.

Rumours are already appearing for this year's celebration in Disneyland Park.  It seems that Le Noel de Mickey will return for one final year, whilst Belle's Christmas Village, Mickey's Winter Wonderland, Belle's Musical Medley and The Christmas Parade will return mainly the same as last year.  The Enchanted Fairytale Ceremony will return in much the same style as last year's very successful performance, but with countless changes and improvements throughout.  It looks likely that the classic Disney characters will also appear this time, instead of just the Princes and Princesses.

As for the park's famous decorations, rumours appeared a while ago about the Lights of Winter (the massive old white light arches) not being used this year.  Now, a rumour has appeared that they will be replaced by giant chandeliers, which will be placed at intervals down Main Street USA and will probably be designed to fit in with the beautiful Princess Baubles which were added to Central Plaza last year.

Less than two months to go!!  :D  :D  Get posting those rumours, everyone!  :wink:

Jorien

Sounds very good again! And about those light arches, i trust it will be very nice too. I think the complete decoration will even look better this year than last year.

* Really have to start planning a new trip now, don't want to miss the fairytale ceremony again*  :roll:

Anthony

Thanks to "clemrev" on Disney Central Plaza, here's a beautiful piece of concept art for how Central Plaza will look this year:

As you can see, it looks pretty much the same as last year, although there are new lampposts around the hub.  I think these may be used for the whole of Main Street too, but then again my translation skills aren't too good!  :wink:

It also sounds like the Disney characters will this time cross Fantasyland from the Fantasy Festival Stage before walking through the castle and over the bridge to get to the stage.  It'll solve the horrible guest flow problems on Main Street last year as well as making for a much more magical entrance.

I wonder if they'll be this clever with the stage, and make it higher so that you can see over the top of people who put their kids on their shoulders? *starts getting annoyed again*  :x

Kris

Yeah it really needs to be higher for sure, although much higher it could get dangerous  :P

I love it how they always add extras in the concept art. The whole of Central Plaza covered with snow. Now that's something I have to see! Love the new lamps too, very victorian Christmassy and will give a warming glow on a cold night. Superb! Can't wait to see it all!
Grab a balloon, come on let\'s go!

Anthony

The new official Christmas Season website is online already: http://www.disneymagicalchristmas.com/i ... ?l=uk&c=uk

It's quite similar to the recent Halloween one - it seems to have been designed in the same way and the navigation is just as simple and easy-to-use.

Remember last year's (and 2003's) Christmas website?  This one is a million times better!  :D

Kristof

I got this newsflash from a CM friend yesterday: 2 huge chandeliers have been installed in the beginning of Main Street.

Kristof

Anthony

Thanks for the news Raptor!  It looks... interesting.  It's not exactly huge and doesn't have any immediate impact, but I'm sure they'll look pretty special when there's more of them and they're finished.

Just looking at this "chandelier" though, I'm quite impressed.  I like how the crown looks like the castle's front (the main window), and the Main Street-style portraits of the Princesses are nice.

It seems they went the "Wishes" route with these, and instead of the over-the-top but spectacular Lights of Winter, we're getting smaller, cosier, but much, much more magical lights.  I still think * nothing * will ever match the Lights of Winter, but this doesn't look like it will be a bad attempt.  :D

Anthony

The lights are on!

(source: dlrpmagazine.com)

They look pretty good.  The light from them is kinda blue-ish, so it's quite wintery (i'm inventing lots of words today) and magical.  Still no match for the lights of winter, but a better than average effort from the resort all the same.  :D

Anthony

And here's some more daytime photos, for a closer look at the new lights:

(source & more: http://www.dlrp.fr )

The closer you look the nicer they are - they look very posh. ;)

I'm still trying to get used to them actually.  They look more like something WDW would have, but at least the fact that they've put them up so early means we've got more time to get used to them.  :wink:

I can understand the resort changing to these lights too, since they will be cheaper to put up, cheaper to run and cheaper to maintain.

Kris

If you look at te pic in the post above the last one (at night) the dlrpmagazine link almost looks like an illuminated garland when you look at the small pic. I still think the DLR/WDW style garland over the street would look nice. You could still see the castle better than previous years also.

I really hope they add plenty of other features along the street as these new lights are quite sparse  :D
Grab a balloon, come on let\'s go!

Nikkibelle18

*dances around* Belle's on a lamp post, Belle's on a lamp post  :lol:

Sorry 'bout that. I think it's looks magical already. Can't wait to see what it's gonna look like in December!

Anthony

Quote from: "Kris"If you look at te pic in the post above the last one (at night) the dlrpmagazine link almost looks like an illuminated garland when you look at the small pic. I still think the DLR/WDW style garland over the street would look nice.
Yeah, when I first saw the lights I hoped that that was what they had planned.  The lights still look a little bit too industrial at the moment, but I'm sure once all the Christmas decorations are up they'll look great.  I still think it's absolutely crazy how early they put them up.

A garland over the street would be really nice, but I don't think it'll happen.   :(   There's no kind of space to hang one from the lights and it wasn't on the concept art.  That doesn't stop them from using the old Christmas advert showing Disneyland CA's Main Street with a garland across it though!  Actually, I'm impressed with how much that seems to be on TV this year - I hardly watch TV but already I've seen it about 3 times on ITV1.  :)

And an extra note for anyone going this Christmas - dlrpmagazine.com is reporting that DLP's parades will run "backwards".  No, not actually backwards, but the opposite direction along the parade route.  The Christmas Parade will go from Main Street to Fantasyland and Fantillusion will go Fantasyland to Main Street.

Anthony

Some rumours have suggested that the Disney Village Christmas Market wouldn't appear this year, but according to DLRP schedules it *will* be there, from 9th December 2005 to 1st January 2006.  :)

Patrick

I hope most things for christmas return, these markets sounded like a nice magical touch to a truely magical day, oh well if they don't appear doubt it would annoy me too much, since I am hoping fingers crossed to go sometime in December for a day or 2, I just so much want to see Christmas this year there, the chandilliers look nice, plus they will fit in so well with the whole idea of the Central Plaza themeing, since that also is white white white :lol: .