A Fairytale Christmas (2005)

Started by Anthony, September 17, 2005, 10:33:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anthony

You can find lots of nice photos of the illuminations, decorations, shops, etc. around Disneyland Park here: http://www.disneymagicinteractive.com/v ... php?t=1220  :D

It's unbelieveable how Christmassy I feel at the moment, and it's only November 6th!  :lol:

Quote from: "Kris"BTW, Santa is now in his Sleigh on Town Square. The same prop, just new locations
You're right :wink:  - I suppose they want him to be a bit more prominent this year then?  It's a shame, though, that by putting the sleigh there, they've once again blocked the view of the castle!  :roll:

(source: plutomaniac, disneymagicinteractive.com)

Anthony

The rumour about the characters arriving from the Castle for the Enchanted Fairytale Ceremony was true.  Last year the Princesses arrived in a cariage with the Princes on horses, but this year they all arrive from inside the castle itself.  :D

That solves the huge problem guest flow had last year, when they had to clear half the parade route in 10mins!

Kris

Do you know anything else about the show's format? What music is played when what happens? The sequence of events? I'm dying to see a full video here!

I adore the Disneyland main entrance decorations on the front of the Disneyland Hotel, but the Railroad Station really does still look disgusting. It's so cheap and tasteless in comparisson with everything else. I'm sure that they could do a better job, easily!  :roll:

Nice to see that they bought new trees and lights for the Christmas Tree Forest on Town Square though. They look a lot more elegant this year... was never a fan of the character trees  8)
Grab a balloon, come on let\'s go!

Kristof

I'll try to get a video online as soon as possible, but another website will probably beat me to it, since I don't have that much time.  :)

Anthony

It'd be great to have a video anytime Raptor, we're not *that* impatient, honest...  :lol:  I'm not sure if you will get "beaten" at this rate - no other site has even mentioned a video!

Hope you had a good time too, let us know how this year's season compares to 2004's - what are the illuminations like in reality?  What's the atmosphere like?   :wink:

Kris

Oh well, a site did beat you, but I'd still love to see the vid Kristof  :D . Have a cool trip? Of course you did!

Kristof

Well, the treelightning was nearly the same as last year, but extented with the Fab 7 characters.  When they showed up, I was affraid they would mess up everything, but they rather completed the show from last year!  The chandeliers are quite nice, not as impressive as the lights of winter, but still nice!  We were surprised when even the poles lit up.  :lol:

Anthony

Quote from: "Kris"Oh well, a site did beat you
Which one?  :?

Glad you liked the ceremony Raptor!  I was afraid Mickey & co would "cheapen" it a bit, but it sounds like they do an OK job.  It definately sounds like more of a fully-fledged show now, even though there's only an extra few minutes of action.  :)

Kris

LOL I wish I was sure.  :P  A friend sent me the video from another site, so it is available somewhere. Until you see the vid, I placed story of what happens online... hopefully it might make descriptions a little clearer. After all, the show this year is almost double the length of last year's "show" element.  :D

http://www.seasons.chrismedia.co.uk/christmas_efc.html

Jorien

There is a video made by Filipv, posted on his forum. It's an hour long (200mb), and it includes the fairytale ceremony (very nice to see the disney characters singing along on stage with the christmas music), mickeys winter wonderland and also Belle's musical medley (great to see that on video).

Here is the link, special thanks to Filipv!!
http://www.sikiri-computers.be/filip/christmas05.wmv

Have fun watching!

p.s. to all of you who i still have to send an email to...i will do that very soon!  :wink:

Anthony

Has It's A Small World been turned into the Christmas "Celebration" this year?  I just read on another forum that the decorations of previous years seem to be almost inexistant this year...

I think it would be a really good idea to focus on IASW next year.  This year we got the new lights and Fairytale Ceremony, so next year Disneyland Park could get the "NEW It's A Small World - Christmas CELEBRATION".  If they actually advertised it then it would be really really popular!

And for a Christmas WDS attraction, how about putting a Christmas Aerosmith song on Rock N Roller Coaster?  (I'm guessing they've done one at some point)  They could also design an exclusive light show of reds and greens...  I don't think it would be hard to get the record company to give the go ahead for it.

They could also add a special Christmas scene to Animagique, or maybe change the TV Studios' Art Attack set into one for a Christmas TV show...

Does anyone have any other ideas like this?  :D

Kristof

Some Christmas jingles in the Cinema Parade.  :D

Jorien

Wouldn't it be great to adapt Phantom Manor into a Corpse Bride attraction for the christmas season? I know...it has nothing to do with christmas. But it's a bit the same as they do with haunted mansion and nightmare before christmas. And while i was watching Corpse Bride it seemed a bit like the storyline of phantom manor....  :wink:

tink

Christmas officially begins tomorrow! Yipee. (And I might just be allowed to put up decorations) Just another 11 days til next trip to Disneyland,our annual Christmas visit.Can't wait! Heard it snowed at weekend.Pics looked beautiful bt hope the weather isn't too crazy when we go...not that it'll make much difference though - other than certain people will be tempted to stay in front of the fire at Sequoia Lodge when they should be in the parks!!!  :lol:
Merry Christmas Heffalumps!!!!

maruychan

so, they changed Santa's location, mh. good. i think it will be better than the past one which is a little unvisible. last year i spoke with santa a lot, 'cause he was there, alone in that cold disneyland's night. eheh.

i can't see filip's video ç_ç  :cry:

29 days, 29 days, and i will be in magic *__*