Scrapbooking?

Started by goofy-2000, May 31, 2008, 09:58:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

goofy-2000

I was wondering if anyone does scrapbooking with their DLP photos if so what products do u buy and where do u get them from and what size album do u use as the disney ones are small compared to normal ones.  :?:  :?:  :?:
i want every single goofy in the whole wide world ha ha ha

MinniesBestPal

*raises hand*

I'm a HUGE art and crafts fan! And I LOVE scrapbooking!

I usually get my stuff from a small craft shop nearby where I live, but if we ever go there (and we hardly do!) the paper mill shop at the metro centre has a lot of nice scrapbooking papers!

The local scrapbook shop has loads of Disney stickers! Oh, and I once bought a pack of 100 Disney stickers for £1 from a stall that was selling them at my school fair!
For Christmas I got a once upon a time scrapbook and a pack of the matching papers! The scrapbook is only a small one (6x6 I think...) Its not finished but I'm using it for my Disney Trip in December!

Clarebelle

Quote from: "goofy-2000"I was wondering if anyone does scrapbooking with their DLP photos if so what products do u buy and where do u get them from and what size album do u use as the disney ones are small compared to normal ones.  :?:  :?:  :?:

Hi Goofy-2000!  :D

The main thing about scrapbooking is that it is YOUR OWN STYLE!!! that its personalised and represents your memories, feelings and your holiday, no ones photos are ever going to be exactily the same, and thats the point of art and photography so make it your own :!:

Like MinniesBestPal said, the Paper Mill is fantastic for card, you get a box which you can fill with as much paper and card that you can manage to fit it! yu can choose from any colour, grain, size, texture, card or paper all for £4.99

@MinniesBestPal: did you know that you can refill your box and they will give you 50p off the price of you card/paper?

They also do a good range of cardmaking accessories and scrapbooking paper and stamps! although like WH Smiths they are expensive. My favourite places to get arty crafty things are my local craft shop (ours is called Past Times) The Works and The Range.You could use fabric, felt, acitate, or ribbon (of which I'm a BIG fan lol) to really make it your own!

If you want a Disney theme you could use gift wrap or stickers, or even park guides, napkins, place mats or restaurant reservations to back your photos or you could get really arty and paint or draw around them! its up to you :!:
heres hows mine's going ... viewtopic.php?f=4&t=4617" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank

I don't do a "Scrap book" of my Disney photos, personally I like to buy a photoalbum from the year that we are there, this year we also bought a girft box to keep all our treasures in lol

I did do a scrap book for the first year, me and my boyfriend were together, it was about 10" x 10" and bound in a cream natural paper which we love, all the photos and flowers etc are backed onto a darker cream paper which has things like "love" and "memories" written on. My Junior Prom photo album I got from Matalan for £8!! it is about 8" x 6" and covered in the same coloured fabric as my dress (which wasn't from Matalan lol) I even put on it the same butterfly that I had on my dress too! and around the photos are the same confettii that we had on the tables at prom, so it really represents that time in my life. I will post a photo of them when I find them, I'm going to say I've put them somewhere "safe" lol just cant remember where  that is  :oops:
5th Anniversary - Hotel Santa Fe
Christmas 06 - The Kyraid Hotel (extended vistit <!-- s]

goofy-2000

Thanks for your help 8)

Guess i will have to shop around for the best bargains then and seeing as i am an art student i will enjoy doing it.

Clarebelle

Quote from: "goofy-2000"Thanks for your help 8)

Guess i will have to shop around for the best bargains then and seeing as i am an art student i will enjoy doing it.

An art student had to ask the question???!!!!???? lol
(art, media and photography student haha!)

Just enjoy it and don't care what other people think/say its ART!!!

goofy-2000

Quote from: "Clarebelle"

Trust me i know what  it is and how to do it just wondering where you got the products from  8)

Clarebelle

Quote from: "goofy-2000"
Quote from: "Clarebelle"

Trust me i know what  it is and how to do it just wondering where you got the products from  8)

Didn't mean to offend

Rain

I get most of my scrapping stuff from Ebay and from an online store called Scrap Your Trip which has stacks of Disney stuff, including theme park stuff. Mostly it's for the American parks but there are things like header stickers for Pirates and Big Thunder Mountain that you could use in a DLRP scrapbook too.
Our trip to DLRP in October 2007, I used a 12" x 12" scrapbook with a Once Upon a Time Theme, which came with papers with castles, mermaids, treasure maps and other fairytale stuff, then  found some embellishments on Ebay (Jolee's Boutique range -  Mickey as a Pirate and as a Cowboy, Pooh character in Halloween costumes, Goofy and Mickey raking autumn leaves) that were Disney related. The key is not to shoehorn too many pictures in to each layout, as it's really the special little extras that really make the page - park tickets and things like that.

Clarebelle

QuoteI get most of my scrapping stuff from Ebay and from an online store called Scrap Your Trip which has stacks of Disney stuff, including theme park stuff. Mostly it's for the American parks but there are things like header stickers for Pirates and Big Thunder Mountain that you could use in a DLRP scrapbook too.

Their stuff is amazing!!! lol do they ship to the uk? I noticed all the prices are in dollars?

Rain

Clarebelle, they do ship to the UK - that's where I am. It's not the quickest shipping, but their stuff is really worth waiting for.

MinniesBestPal

*Gets jealous*

Clarebelle, that painting of the castle is WAAAAAAY better than mine! Are watercolours any better? Because I used acrylics!

Clarebelle

Quote from: "Rain"Clarebelle, they do ship to the UK - that's where I am. It's not the quickest shipping, but their stuff is really worth waiting for.

I just didn't want  to get excited if I couldn't get them

Quote from: "MinniesBestPal"Gets jealous*
Clarebelle, that painting of the castle is WAAAAAAY better than mine! Are watercolours any better? Because I used acrylics!

Thanks its not finished yet so we will see, its actually emulsion from wilkinsons lol i find it better and MUCH cheaper!!!

Clarebelle

:bump:

Hi Everyone!!!!!

Fantasia_crafts is having a sale!!! everything must go coz shes having another baby!!!!
check out her store ...
http://myworld.ebay.co.uk/fantasia_crafts/

Katie-Sparrow

Hi Goofy - 2000. I think its a great idea to do a scrapbook on disney trips. I have done one and have several disneyland paris photo albums. Its a great way to remember the magic :lol:  xxx
[size=200]Princess Katie[/size]

Clarebelle

just got my scrapbooking stuff from Fantasia Crafts! couldn't be happier with them!