Expansion of Walt Disney Studios?

Started by dagobert, May 27, 2008, 04:19:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dagobert

Maybe it is another bad joke of someone, but I read on wikipedia that they have plans for an expansion (new rides between 2009 and 2013) of the studios. I think it is a joke, but I wanted to let you know.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Walt_Disney_Studios_Park" target="_blank

You have to look under future projects.

Stitch

Just had a little read, how exciting! I'm just getting into the whole rumour and news thing about DLRP. Is it often that false rumours are started, or is it that if something is heard down the grapevine then normally it does come true?
-Jenn@

Nicholas-c

however much i would hope for it to be true, wikipedia is not a source i trust
August 2003, 04, 05, 06, 07 and 08 - With family
Halloween 2008 - Best trip ever
July 2009 - All alone

Kristof

Here's what has been posted on Wikipedia, 'cause I have a feeling it will be removed shortly...

QuoteFuture Projects

On May 21, 2008, it was annouced that an ambitious expansion plan for the park has been commisoned, which will include 3 new attractions in Toon Studio, Soarin' in a newly rethemed 'Theatre District' area, and new dark ride in Hollywood Blvd. The first phase of plans is expected to begin 2009, ending in 2013.

Remco K.

QuoteFuture Projects

On May 21, 2008, it was annouced that an ambitious expansion plan for the park has been commisoned, which will include 3 new attractions in Toon Studio, Soarin' in a newly rethemed 'Theatre District' area, and new dark ride in Hollywood Blvd. The first phase of plans is expected to begin 2009, ending in 2013.
This just sounds like some rumoured items, like the Ratatouille ride and Soarin'. No clue  for the Hollywood Boulevard though. This would require some space behind the Tram Tour Station, or even the field behind The Art of Disney Animation, which can be seen as expansion area for Toon Studios, but also counts, in my opinion, as an expansion area for the Hollywood Boulevard.

lil-shawn

hmm so we all know it was an other bad joke of someone, the future projects are gone at wikipedia.  :(

To bad cause i think it would be better true, the business works very nice, and they need to expand the studios as far as possible, to mange the growth of visitors.
The Studios need more Them in this park, a longer hollywood blvd, 2 or 3 new rides, maybe a second stund show and a stage show to attract the park even more for the guests.

Kristof

Quote from: "lil-shawn"maybe a second stund show and a stage show to attract the park even more for the guests.

I don't think WDS needs more shows or spectacles.  We now have Animagique, Cinémagique, Stunt Show Spectacular, Stitch Live and soon Playhouse Disney Live on Stage.  These are all shows for which people have to rely on a schedule.  The park now needs more "walk-in and queue" rides, especially "classic" Disney attractions, like dark rides and kiddie-rides that will keep the families in the park.  It doesn't have to be much, like said before the Ratatouille dark ride and maybe a few kid-rides like the ones at a bugs land at Disney's California Adventure or the ones at Toon Town.

And of course like you said, the park needs to get bigger.  Stretch out the Hollywood Blvd. beyond the STT station and throw in a few streets which guests can walk around in and discover.

lil-shawn

QuoteI don't think WDS needs more shows or spectacles.

hmm yeah okay you´ve right at the moment we have enough shows..

QuoteThe park now needs more "walk-in and queue" rides, especially "classic" Disney attractions, like dark rides and kiddie-rides that will keep the families in the park.

Yeah we need more rides for kidds and families at this park, more classics is the best they can do for now don´t turn everything with pixar. I like the movies and for now i think we have a lot attractions based on pixar films now i think we need a good old classic  :D

I dont wanna see an Ratatouille dark ride i like more to see an restaurant based on the movie.

RockNRoller

I'd like to see the space used for more of the newer films, maybe "Soaring over Narnia", or a "Hunchback" themed ride (after all this is France) How about "Enchanted" the whole journey from cartoon to real has to be possible.
Just think theres enough of the classics in the main park
DLRP 2000,01,02,03,04x2,05,06,07,08,09,10,11,13, 14, 2015 (Booked)

"Pumba, not in front of the kids"

Owain

Well its gone as pure usual, what a waste of peoples time these rumours !  :evil:

Remco K.

Quote from: "Owain"Well its gone as pure usual, what a waste of peoples time these rumours !  :evil:
Come on! Don't say you don't enjoy rumors from time to time! :P Don't you remember when they started construction on the Toilets of Terror. It was so funny how we all went like crazy! ;)

On the other hand, The Tower of Terror rumors were starting to irritate me after a long while. I think the whole rumor lasted for to long, just like the Splash Mountain rumor that's popping up once in a while.

Stitch

I like a rumour... it's exciting... gets the imagination going! :)
-Jenn@

Epcot_Boy

Quote from: "Stitch"I like a rumour... it's exciting... gets the imagination going! :)

Absolutely :lol:  :cheshire_bounce:  :stitch_bounce:

Epcot_Boy :ears:

David

Kristof

Grandmath reports on Disney Central Plaza that height tests with coloured balloons were performed today on the grass behind Art of Disney Animation.  :wink:

The Butlin Boy

Quote from: "raptor1982"Grandmath reports on Disney Central Plaza that height tests with coloured balloons were performed today on the grass behind Art of Disney Animation.  :wink:

Wow, that's great news, thanks for posting Raptor. I can still remember when they did the balloon test for Crush a few years back. This can only mean positive things, and that we can expect some development there in the next few years :mrgreen: