Google Earth 3D Disneyland Paris

Started by britincgn, May 20, 2008, 11:18:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CentralPlazaPerson

I have seen the streetview cars around. They are Blue Mini's with a huge camera sticking out of the top. The have the google logo on the side. Maybe they did send it down through the park.

Gareth

I Love the street view to kill some time but on my lap top the 3d does not pop up whcih is annoying coz i means eveything is flat :( but overall on the other computer i think its amazing

[size=150]Please Follow Me - - - - Twitter.com/Gareth2100 ---- Thanks

Fubar

I want to know why Clint Eastwood has disappeared from the Drive-In Movie screen at the Santa Fe Hotel...

Anthony

Quote from: "Fubar"I want to know why Clint Eastwood has disappeared from the Drive-In Movie screen at the Santa Fe Hotel...
Probably a rights issue, they'd have to pay to use his image.

All the billboards/posters in WDS have also been changed to (C) Disney things.

pussinboots

Quote from: "Alan"It may please you to know that even Apple's latest £1200+ MacBooks struggle with Disneyland Paris in 3D on Google Earth. So, don't feel left out, if all you have is a crappy old PC :-)

It works wonderfully on my new MacBook Pro. I know it's awful to brag about these things, but I have been using a miserable old piece of crap for the past five years and I'm ecstatic, haha.

CafeFantasia

What model of MacBook is it? What graphics chipset?

I did my tests on a unibody MacBook (13-inch) from October 2008, with an NVIDIA 9400M chipset.

Of course, now (post June 2009) all of the unibody MacBooks are known as MacBook Pros.

pussinboots

Quote from: "Alan"What model of MacBook is it? What graphics chipset?

I did my tests on a unibody MacBook (13-inch) from October 2008, with an NVIDIA 9400M chipset.

Of course, now (post June 2009) all of the unibody MacBooks are known as MacBook Pros.

Sorry, I'm not sure what a graphics chipset is. It's the newest model, and the middle one, with a 15-inch screen. The one that's a million times faster than my old, medieval, torturous PowerBook, the one that soars through Disneyland Paris on Google Earth.

It's really surprising, though, even my brother's iMac (also rather new) could only barely handle it. I'm no computer wizard, really, but perhaps there are other factors that could contribute to it being slow? Like a chock-full hard drive?

CafeFantasia

Has anyone tried viewing Disneyland Paris in 3D on Google Earth lately? All I can see are the trees and occasional buildings. All the important stuff has vanished!

Anthony

Yep, almost all of Disneyland Park has disappeared! Quite a bit of the Studios is still there...

CafeFantasia

Glad it's not just me. I wondered what happened? Is this permanent, or just a temporary glitch? Maybe the elaborate 3D models were placing too much of a load on Google's Servers?

Gareth

aww thats sad about disney parc but wow i that pic of the studios is great  :lol:

[size=150]Please Follow Me - - - - Twitter.com/Gareth2100 ---- Thanks

luke85

I noticed this too. It's the same with Walt Disney World too, much of the Magic Kingdom remains flat :(

Owain

Its all working again now for me !  :)

luke85

Back to normal on my computer too!

Has anyone else noticed this in Fantasia Gardens...

Reminds me of a scary clown!

CafeFantasia

Yep, works again for me too:

The scary clown in Fantasia Gardens has been there since opening.