DLRP F1 race plans still going ahead

Started by anthony2k6, May 16, 2008, 11:24:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WilliamK99

Maybe they can start this on Main Street and race around DLP and WDSP for 68 laps....

Captain Pan

Quote from: "WilliamK99"Maybe they can start this on Main Street and race around DLP and WDSP for 68 laps....

But that way your going to effectively close down the entire Park for a week... and with the driving of Certain drivers your leaving the park to experience Crashes and risk dammages which would be above the cost to put the event on.

WilliamK99

Sorry, I meant for it to be a joke lol... :lol:

MagicStar

I´m not sure if it could work for Disney. I´m not big F1 fan. But from my point of view these points could speak against the project:

- waste of land for only a few events a year
- it absolutley doesn´t fit in the whole disney-themeing area
- the noise for the hotel guests
- the hotels already have a great operating grade.
- tickets for F1 are expensive. Do people really spend time after the race at the hotels and the parks?

these points could speak for the project:
- very good advertisement
- generate new guests for the park and the resorts
- a third gate won´t come the next years!

My gut feeling tells me not to built it. For me its not Disney. Sure, there have always been cars and races at Disney-Parks. For example: Test Track. But thats a great piece of fun and imagineering. A F1 track makes the area not very magical
[size=150]Let\'s put the Walt back in Disney![/size]

mehdi5

Well the track is only gonna be there for about 10 years, i believe the land is still reserved for the third park but the resort has not enough money to invest in a third park now and it's not they're first priority. Plus they had to complete build all it's ground by a certain year, this way Disney doesn't have to risk by rushing a third park and has more time to design and make money to invest in a third park. So to say Disney doesn't need anything magical or something they just need a space saver for the third park.

MagicStar

Quote from: "mehdi5"Well the track is only gonna be there for about 10 years, i believe the land is still reserved for the third park but the resort has not enough money to invest in a third park now and it's not they're first priority. Plus they had to complete build all it's ground by a certain year, this way Disney doesn't have to risk by rushing a third park and has more time to design and make money to invest in a third park. So to say Disney doesn't need anything magical or something they just need a space saver for the third park.

Right. It could truly be a space saver. But I think such an area of concrete destroys the overall magic.
[size=150]Let\'s put the Walt back in Disney![/size]

Nicholas-c

On this subject... did anyone watch the F1 pre-show last weekend ? Bernie ecelstone said "spots in europe are still being decided and one we are looking at is near disneyland paris" or something like that. Its still possible ;)

F1 would only be 1 weekend a year, starting thursday ending sunday bring BIG crowds to disney
August 2003, 04, 05, 06, 07 and 08 - With family
Halloween 2008 - Best trip ever
July 2009 - All alone

ford prefect

The investment required would be huge.  The british grand prix is being moved from my local circuit (silverstone) to Donington  :cry:  :cry:

Donington are having to invest £100 million merely to improve their (admittedly poor) facilities.

Who on earth would pay?  It would need to be government supported and there in lies all kinds of problems.

A private invester or investers?  That is one set of rich people.  The best way to make a small fortue in F1 is to start with a large one!

That said, if it happens, I will so be there!!!
enjoy yourself, it\'s later than you think!