New Parade after 15th Anniversary?

Started by Donald-Duck-Malta, July 14, 2008, 12:45:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Donald-Duck-Malta

Hey Guys!

I have been wanting to ask this question since as it has been in my mind for a very long time! Will there be a new parade when the 15th aniversary ends in March 2009?

Thanks!

Patrick

No, I don't think there will be, ouadp cost no doubt a lot and I doubt the resort has the money another so soon.

Alpop

Surely the 15th year celebration will never end. We're into the 16th year now!

Clarebelle

its due to end march 7th 2009!!!! ... hopefully it will this time!
5th Anniversary - Hotel Santa Fe
Christmas 06 - The Kyraid Hotel (extended vistit <!-- s]

Nala_84

Aren't we in the 17th year right now?! :mrgreen: It was DLRP's 16th birthday in April, wasn't it?
[size=85]1992 - Disneyland Paris - 1-day-trip
2000 - Disneyland Paris - Santa Fe
2004 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Cheyenne
2005 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Santa Fe
2007 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Newport BayClub
2008 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Sequoia Lodge
2009 - Walt Disney World
[/size]

Nicholas-c

Quote from: "Nala_84"Aren't we in the 17th year right now?! :mrgreen: It was DLRP's 16th birthday in April, wasn't it?

Yup, come march it will be 17 years of magic... however the public will think its 16 because its 15 at the moment  :shock: confusing hey? :P
August 2003, 04, 05, 06, 07 and 08 - With family
Halloween 2008 - Best trip ever
July 2009 - All alone

Aveen2008

A new parade would be great but I doubt it, I suppose we can look forward to the New stars n' cars (I liked the motor bit) parade or event in the studios next year, they are probably going to be putting money and effort into that so there wouldn't be time or money for a new parade in the park, plus I guess a lot of people don't visit the parks as much as disneyland paris fans like us do, so if they removed it many people would miss out on it. I feel like I have seen it a million times already but it's still a great parade, I just love the Simba on the float!!:)

Aveen
xoxoxox
Luv Aveen xoxo

burntsienna

So will they continue the Once Upon a Dream Parade?
Or will they possibly go back to the previous parade?
"I could be the Alice to your Wonderland"

Patrick

Quote from: "burntsienna"So will they continue the Once Upon a Dream Parade?
Or will they possibly go back to the previous parade?

They will continue with Once Upon a Dream Parade as the Wonderful World of Disney Parade floats are either destroyed, or reused elsewhere (Character Express).

davewasbaloo

Considering the other parade ran for like 14 years, I doubt we will see a new one for a while - maybe the 20th?
since 2001 (many before that)

Clarebelle

do you think they might go back to the old song? or make small changes?

davewasbaloo

I've been a Disney fan for too long, so forgive me if I am cynical.  It is likely that we will have the same floats, music etc. but as things break, they will disappear.  I wish this were not the case, but that has been DLP's track record. We could see new costumes over time, but the parade is only 2 years old. I imagine we will have this for a while. A parade costs nearly as much as building an attraction.

Clarebelle

I know :-( I'm just hoping to see something a BIT different, Bring back Dancin a Catchy Rhytm!!!!! please!!!!  [-o<

davewasbaloo

Quote from: "Clarebelle"I know :-( I'm just hoping to see something a BIT different, Bring back Dancin a Catchy Rhytm!!!!! please!!!!  [-o<

Very unlikely. I must have experienced maybe 25 parades at DL over the years, and only Main Street Electrical Parade ever resurfaced.

At DLP, we have had a few parades and some special ones too. The music is rarely recycled. That is why I always buy the soundtracks, even when I don't like the music (like Tooncircus). This way I have a record of the park's history.

The Butlin Boy

Quote from: "Clarebelle"or make small changes?

They'll probably get rid of the 15th logo on the front of the first float :wink: