Walt Disney Studios Lake (RUMOUR)

Started by Kristof, April 25, 2008, 12:40:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kinou

don't expect the lake soon. On the explansion plan, the lake is at the very back of the Studios, at the end of the Hollywood Boulevard which has been expanded beyond the Tram Tour station (relocated).
Hug it out bitch !

davewasbaloo

Quote from: "Owain"
Quote from: "131184"WDS needs every little help it can get, be it lakes or attractions. In my opinion it is still the worst Disney park in the world in terms of layout, theme - details, and attractions. It really is a poor quality Disney park and pathetic in comparison to any other Disney park, even DCA is a thousands times better than WDS.
I cant believe your saying this i think WDS is an Amazing park especially for its size !
DCA from my terms is awful, the only reason id go there is to ride california screaming and thats nothign to do with disney!

Interesting Owain.  As much as I have fun, WDSP is weaker in almost every respect.  DCA is a very enjoyable park and has a number of fantastic things on offer.  In fact since DCA has been built, we probably spend an equal amount of time at DCA as DL.
since 2001 (many before that)

ford prefect

This is now straying off topics, but I feel the need to defend WDS

I love the park, I was very unsure when it first opened, however it is a very relaxing place to be.

You can meander, have a coffee, see a show. Chill out, shop, go on a ride, see another show, grab some lunch.

What more do you want from a holiday/day out?

Personally I prefer both Paris parks to WDW Magic Kingdom, I can't comment on anyother resort since I have only been to DLRP and WDW.  The websites of the others excl Disneyland do not inspire me!

The studios entertains, creates nostalgia, lets me relax and inspires me.
enjoy yourself, it\'s later than you think!

giorgio1712

I can see why some people may not see this as an amazing new rumour but I for one am really pleased. As previously said they need to stop squeezing more and more attractions into small places. I sometimes feel a little claustrophobic when in the studios and for this reason id love to see an expanse of nothingness! In general I think any developments of the parks are great so Im all for this one!

Maybe we could also see some kind of entertainment on the lake?

Riebi

Quote from: "Baloo"It could be a good neutral area like Central Plaza. Maybe a bit like how Magic Kingdom has water around its hub? It's water for the sake of water, making the park actually seem like a park, not necessarily for the sake of a theme.

you must be a mindreader! I´ve made an "Imagineering" plan maybe a year ago or so where I "designed" a area of a lake and streams. Was near at the central plaza of magic kingdom/WDW but with a focus at the lake and water area and in place of the castle I´ve "imagineer"  :lol:  a mix out of Great Movie ride and the old version of "imagintions" at Epcot.

So you can have a focus at the end of hollywood bvd. and a great recreations area.

The streams and rivers around of "Imaginations of Movies" (or wathever you would name it) would fill a very big lake to the left of the  buildings. At the lake you can have a chinese habour bit like taken out of "Pirates of the Caribean" (movie not attraction) with a water attractions and a dark "water" ride based on "studio ghibli" movies like "Laputa: Castle in the Sky", ",,Princess Mononoke", "Miyazaki's Spirited Away". The chinese habour could have a change behind a "tower crane" to a "old london habour" area filmset or something and later to a new york of the 30 area where a giant water plane lie.
This out of the "Aviator" film or something else....

I should maybe search for my sketch seems to get a bit confusing. :lol:
Wer nämlich mit "H" schreibt ist dämlich.

...the DPG is watching U...

Whoknew?

Quote from: "giorgio1712"As previously said they need to stop squeezing more and more attractions into small places.

Some years ago everybody moaned about the large concrete areas without anything, it was a step in the right direction to theme-up the current areas, although i would love to see some land expansion to the studios as well :)

pussinboots

Quote from: "Kinou"don't expect the lake soon. On the explansion plan, the lake is at the very back of the Studios, at the end of the Hollywood Boulevard which has been expanded beyond the Tram Tour station (relocated).

Well, good to hear this is still what the park is gravitating toward. I honestly can't wait for the day they kick down the Hollywood Boulevard backdrops, move the Tram Tour station and expand the park. Lake or no lake.

Maarten

Quote from: "Baloo"While they're at it (if they really are), I hope WDI (and the financiers) consider putting Soarin' out there with some proper area development (looking exactly like this) and a pre-show based around Howard Hughes (The Aviator).

I agree with you Baloo, the ultimate link between "the Hollywood that never was" and aviation is Howard Hughes. I've mentioned this Hughes idea a couple of times before and it would be quite a natural fit. However, like Pussinboots mentioned, unfortunately its quite unlikely it will ever happen.

Ironicaly, last week I bought a DVD of "The Aviator". I'll watch it once again soon to get some fresh idea's how to incoorporate the film into Soarin's queue.