Fireworks in the WDS (?)

Started by Japper, March 21, 2008, 11:10:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Japper

Hello everyone..

According to La Rouquine on DCP there will be a test of fireworks in the WDS at 9 april!
This May they are doing tests with late openingtimes (sometimes till 21:00!) So maybe it has something to do with that?

A translation of the french post by La Rouquine about the late openingtimes:

"It acts of a test to know if that is worth the sorrow to extend the schedules of opening of the park Walt Disney Studios this summer.

It should be noted that a test of fireworks in Walt Disney Studios will take place Wednesday April 9 with 21h30.
This test is not intended to be seen of the public but I think that it will be visible since the esplanade."

Malin

Before anyone gets too excited this test is most probarely being done for the upcoming press event, where the Resort will launch the the second year of the 15th Anniversary, The Celebration Continues!

Owain

Well i hope that fire works become a "thing" in Walt Disney Studios, its becoming a real park now especially with all these new attractions and areas. Plus later closing times, it can only mean the best for WDS !  :D

Kristof

QuoteBefore anyone gets too excited this test is most probarely being done for the upcoming press event, where the Resort will launch the the second year of the 15th Anniversary, The Celebration Continues!

That's the weekend before.

Malin

Quote from: "raptor1982"
QuoteBefore anyone gets too excited this test is most probarely being done for the upcoming press event, where the Resort will launch the the second year of the 15th Anniversary, The Celebration Continues!

That's the weekend before.

Well if thats the case we may have a reason to be excited. I don't understand why the Resort doesn't hold a fireworks display similar to Tokyo Disney Resort where the fireworks are set off between both TDL and TDS parks. This would give both parks a fireworks show. Or could this be a tempory solution until a real night time parade/show is ready to debut. After all Fantasmic was originally supposed to go in this park before attendance dived after opening, could be time to re visit those plans. And a show like that would really give people a good reason to stay late.

coruscantpt

I agree with people saying that it is just for the press event to announce the continuation of the celebration and the "new" TOT and Stitch attractions. But it would be nice for them to use fireworks there during summer also. Lets hope  [-o<
DLP - July 1994 / March 2002 / August 2007 / December 2010 / 2011 - Anual Passholder \":P\"

WDW - May 2006 / May 2008 / August 2009

Kristof

Quote from: "coruscantpt"I agree with people saying that it is just for the press event to announce the continuation of the celebration and the "new" TOT and Stitch attractions. But it would be nice for them to use fireworks there during summer also. Lets hope  [-o<

It's not for the press!!!  The press event is the weekend before, like I said a few posts before.

Remco K.

Quote from: "Malin"I don't understand why the Resort doesn't hold a fireworks display similar to Tokyo Disney Resort where the fireworks are set off between both TDL and TDS parks. This would give both parks a fireworks show.
The parks at Tokyo Disney Resort are build back to back. The fireworks are therefore easily launched from the back of both parks.

The situation at DLRP is different. They would need to shoot the fireworks from behind the geysers at Disneyland Park to be visible from within the WDS.

Maarten

This is exciting news. If this really means that the Studios will get a fireworks display this summer, it shows this park is becoming a more mature Disney park with every step it takes. For some reason I won't be surprised if they are planning to use the old Sorcery in the Sky soundtrack. On the other hand, what building or structure in the Studios can be featured in the pyro show? Tower of Terror perhaps? That reminds me of an old idea of Kris, who told me about his Terror at Twilight show idea.  =D>

Riebi

Yes I ask me too. Where should this fireworks show be located at the studios? Behind the street coulises / tram tour could be a bit hard.
Wer nämlich mit "H" schreibt ist dämlich.

...the DPG is watching U...

The Butlin Boy

I'm may be the only person to think this, but I don't really think that fireworks suit the Studios. :roll:

It could work for keeping people in the park for longer periods and could work well story-wise (the premier of the film that you've filmed during your day in the Studios springs to mind as a plot), but I just can't see it working. The reason for my negativity is that in the Disneyland park, the guests can all gather in the huge central plaza area and watch the fireworks with the castle as the setting, but I don't think that the Studios has an area suitable for it space wise (it's quite small and cramped which leads to not enough room for guests, who may not get a good view), but mostly because of the setting, the only two places that I can think of it being are the water tower and the TOT, which I doubt will suit the fireworks like the castle does.

I would love some nighttime entertainment in the Studios (a parade, or even better Fantasmic, the new nighttime show being developed at DCA or something completely new), but I just can't see fireworks working well anywhere other than in the disneyland park behind the castle :|

Malin

Quote from: "Remco K."
Quote from: "Malin"I don't understand why the Resort doesn't hold a fireworks display similar to Tokyo Disney Resort where the fireworks are set off between both TDL and TDS parks. This would give both parks a fireworks show.
The parks at Tokyo Disney Resort are build back to back. The fireworks are therefore easily launched from the back of both parks.

The situation at DLRP is different. They would need to shoot the fireworks from behind the geysers at Disneyland Park to be visible from within the WDS.

Not sure what your going on about here as both TDL and TDS are built like DL and WDS right next to each other, and not back to back. Here is a image http://www.tokyodisneyresort.co.jp/tdr/ ... 1_img1.jpg

From what I know a backstage area exist between both parks and it isn't impossible to do. The only thing that might be would be launching the big shell fireworks, which TDR do every night and is the reason why it can be seen in both parks. I'm not sure the nieghbours would be happy if DLRP re introduced those type of fireworks.

Malin

How difficult would it be for them to move the Fantaillusion parade over to the Studios. I think with the Studios wide paths a parade would be better suited than a fireworks show. I'm also a bit concern that this is being rushed in time for the Summer and it may end up being an absolute mess. Remember when DCA rushed to put together a pyro show for Christmas and it ended up being a dissaster. Mostly because the lagoon became very smokey after the pyro, and it made it hard to see the rest of the show.

Remco K.

Quote from: "Malin"Not sure what your going on about here as both TDL and TDS are built like DL and WDS right next to each other, and not back to back. Here is a image http://www.tokyodisneyresort.co.jp/tdr/ ... 1_img1.jpg
That drawn map is not very accurate. Take a look at this Google Earth image:

When the guests are standing around the lagoon at DisneySea, they have a pretty good view on the fireworks that are launched from the backstage area, which is also the back of Tokyo Disneyland.

The following pic is a Google Earth image showing Disneyland Park and Walt Disney Studios at DLRP:

As you can see, they need to launch from behind the geysers (backstage next to Phantom Manor) to give a good view from the Walt Disney Studios. However, people would need to move over to Frontierland to get a good view from Disneyland Park.

Its Just Like I DreamedIt

I was thinking a light show would be good for WDS. They could have lasers and lights in sync with some sort of music. Good idea?
!Magic Everywhere