Fireworks in the WDS (?)

Started by Japper, March 21, 2008, 11:10:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Malin

The actual park layouts between the DLRP and TDR are very similar. So if it works in Tokyo it possibly could work in Paris too. If DLRP were to use the shell fireworks you should be able to see it in both parks with out having to go to Frontierland. But I apreciate what your saying too and thanks for offering a differnt view and mentioning on some of the things I didn't point out.

Malin

I have had an idea for a possible new location for a fireworks show at the Studio. The Stunt show stadium has the capacity to hold a large crowd. The show has a large viewing screen and reflection and images could be shown on the buildings, plus it would have plenty of seating. Just a crazy idea anyway.

Kristof

Malin, please don't double post.  You can use the edit button to add something to your post.  :)

Remco K.

Quote from: "Malin"If DLRP were to use the shell fireworks you should be able to see it in both parks with out having to go to Frontierland.
Like you said before, the surrounding villages won't be happy... :wink:

Quote from: "Malin"But I apreciate what your saying too and thanks for offering a differnt view and mentioning on some of the things I didn't point out.
Together we can solve all mysteries! :D

Quote from: "Malin"The Stunt show stadium has the capacity to hold a large crowd. The show has a large viewing screen and reflection and images could be shown on the buildings, plus it would have plenty of seating.
Maybe they could even do a smaller version of Fantasmic there. The Fantasmic stage at Disney's Hollywood Studios aren't all that special either. It would require some technical updates to the current Stunt show set though.

Riebi

Would be nice to have a fantasmic stage with another add functions for daytime. Something like hollywood bowl at daytime and fantasmic rocks at night.

If we get fantasmic one day I prefer the whole show and not just a cut piece of it. But an other evening show could start at the stunt show arena. I also can see a show around the hollywood tower hotel.

Firework between the parks would be a bit difficult. The firerwork would be seen at Disneyland Park over Fort Comstock/Adventure Bazar and at the studios over Toon Studio.

The big scale fireworks are just allowed away from the villages around the resort. That´s why their are no big scale fireworks at Disneyland park. The village behind is to near and for every big scale firework like at 15. launch they need a permission from the mayor of this village.
Wer nämlich mit "H" schreibt ist dämlich.

...the DPG is watching U...

pussinboots

Hypothetically speaking, if the park should get nighttime entertainment like the MKs' and Epcot's, wouldn't this be a total waste of money? Fireworks shows are amazingly expensive (as is Fantasmic! and as are nocturnal parades), and I think we can all agree that the WDS has a long way to go before it can splurge on such things -- it has about three gift shops, not a single sit-down restaurant and the entire park is still a long strip with nothing to explore except the newly improved La Terrasse.

Perhaps once they've knocked down the 2D sets behind Hollywood Boulevard and expanded the park into something with at least one intersection, one nook and one cranny, they could consider something like fireworks.

Remco K.

Quote from: "pussinboots"Fireworks shows are amazingly expensive (as is Fantasmic! and as are nocturnal parades), and I think we can all agree that the WDS has a long way to go before it can splurge on such things -- it has about three gift shops, not a single sit-down restaurant and the entire park is still a long strip with nothing to explore except the newly improved La Terrasse.
Good point. Nothing to add to that.

But hey, we can always dream! :P

Anthony

Just a small update:

La Rouquine states that the fireworks test is to determine whether it might be possible to hold a second New Year's Eve fireworks in Walt Disney Studios on 31st December this year.

Provided they were the same size/quality of fireworks (although New Years has been awful recently, so that's not saying much), it'd be a great idea. I vowed never to try DLRP at new year again after the horrible crush on Main Street with all those people...

coruscantpt

That would be great because it would mean that WDS would be open till midnight at least and would help DLP with night crowds. And of course a second firework display is always great to see hehe.

I believe it's more likely to be that instead of a test for summer fireworks, because that would mean a very late closing time for WDS during summer months due to sunset late time. But you knows? It would be great to see both parks with late closing times during summer.
DLP - July 1994 / March 2002 / August 2007 / December 2010 / 2011 - Anual Passholder \":P\"

WDW - May 2006 / May 2008 / August 2009

-b-e-n-9-5-

I totally aggree with Baloo,

Fireworks are probs for new year , to ease the crowds from disneyland park

Also if there were fireworks in WDS, the villagers would complain, i mean theres already strobes in the evenings at wds.
Where Magic Lives

coruscantpt

Just a question, WDS has the same problem with using big shells like Disneyland Park, or it can use like in the Disney Lake?
DLP - July 1994 / March 2002 / August 2007 / December 2010 / 2011 - Anual Passholder \":P\"

Kristof

I think that's why they're doing test.

coruscantpt

Oh thanks Raptor.. Lets hope they can use big fireworks [-o<  It would be so great because you could see them from DLP also.

coruscantpt

Here is a video from youtube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cxgiEfQyDd4

Kris

Hmm, very interesting to watch. Still seems kinda weird actually.

Here's hoping that they were testing firework effects rather than an actual display  :P

I suppose they just need to know how much impact the display will have on parts of the park. View, where the fireworks will fall, how big they all seem etc... as well as launching locations. Timing? Although DLRP doesn't seem all that fussed about that these days!

I guess there is a larger risk of the fireworks falling on guests in WDS than behind the castle in DLP?
Grab a balloon, come on let\'s go!