Your Disney Merchandise Collection

Started by Masamune, July 03, 2005, 12:35:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

Quote from: "Nala_84"Dark_Prince, your collection is amazing - I guess you like especially the Disney Princesses ;)

Shall I be ashamed that my Disneyland-Resort-Collection is very small? ;)

Thank you. Yes, I love the Princesses. I think for the most part the Princess movies are my favourite Disney movies. Beauty and the Beast will always be my favourite, and it's the movie that really got me interested in Disney again years ago. I tend to focus my efforts in collecting on Belle, and to a lesser extent, Ariel. Although I'm easily won over by any nice Princess merchandise.

Aside from my DVD's, I've put together my collection over the last year or so. I went back to DLRP last March (2006) after 12 years (my first visit had been a quick day and a half in August 1994.

I fell in love with DLRP and the Disney movies again, and started putting together a collection. I almost immediately decided to go back, and went back in March 07 for my birthday.

I'm planning to make March an annual trip now, but decided to book again early, and I'm also going in September this year. I expect it will probably end up being a six-monthly visit now. I have a long way to go when I go to DLRP. I come from Yorkshire, UK, so I have a 4 hour drive to Dover. An hour and a half ferry crossing, then a 3 hour drive through France, so I like to go for a week at a time, and also like to have plenty of money for merchandise.

As for your collection, it's like I said on another forum. Every collection has to start somewhere, and it's not how big your collection is, but what it means to you.

I think the beauty of collecting Disney stuff is that you can never collect everything, because there is so much, but that also means that you can pick things out that you particularly enjoy and focus your efforts on collecting those things. I'd never want to collect every single thing to do with Belle for example, because some of the merchandise doesn't interest me, but she is definitely the main focus of my collection, and I'm always on the lookout for nice, new items featuring my favourite princess.

:)

ailsa

Wow Dark Prince I love the pictures! How much money must you save???

I'm from Yorkshire too and we often drive down! We are driving this year and we have to stop every hour or so!

Anonymous

:)

I don't save a lot of money at all with my Disney obsession!

I probably spent around £500 - £600 all told on merchandise last trip to Disney. I often get carried away a bit with pins, and I bought 3 big snowglobes last time too.

I'm anticipating about £400 probably in September.

Though I really want to get back to collecting some more Armani's. I absolutely love my 3 Armani Princess figurines, Belle, Ariel and Aurora, and I want to get more.

fly_with_me_dumbo

i really want to buy a big 15th snowglobe or ne realayed to dlp when i go, however we are going on plane and i would want to take on as hand luggage. has anybody done this before, are they light enough. Also has anybody done it recently becasue you know how strict they are with taking any liquids onto the plane?

help please!!!

Patrick

Quote from: "fly_with_me_dumbo"i really want to buy a big 15th snowglobe or ne realayed to dlp when i go, however we are going on plane and i would want to take on as hand luggage. has anybody done this before, are they light enough. Also has anybody done it recently becasue you know how strict they are with taking any liquids onto the plane?

help please!!!

Hmm very very good question, I doubt you would get a snowglobe in your hand luggage, simply due to size.  I mean two weeks ago the woman at check in at CDG was determind my dlrp 15th anniversary umbrella would not be going with me in hand luggage, ah how she was proved wrong when I practically moaned at her enough to let me take it on board :lol:.  So even without the water thing it may a bit too big for hand luggage.  You may want to put it in your case and hope for the best perhaps.

Anonymous

Mmmmm, think again.

I recently bought 3 snowglobes on a trip to DLRP. I ordered them in the boutiques during the day and had them delivered back to my hotel. The problem is, they all come packaged in big cardboard boxes with polystyrene packing for protection. I really wouldn't want to try and transport them by hand, and the boxes were so big, that it was hard work getting them into the car with all my luggage and other purchases.

They didn't have any 15th snowglobes available when I was there, but there is a nice one featuring the castle with many of the characters (including all the Princesses and the fab 5) around it. You can see a picture of it in one of my earlier posts.

This particular snowglobe is 90euro's.

Nala_84

Thank you very much, Samninetysix :) Yeah you're right, maybe it's not that important how much you have, but how personal it is  :ears:

So have some of you a mini snow globe from DLRP? I'd like to see a few coz I want to buy one in September ;) Are they made with "less love" then the big, expensive ones?!
[size=85]1992 - Disneyland Paris - 1-day-trip
2000 - Disneyland Paris - Santa Fe
2004 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Cheyenne
2005 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Santa Fe
2007 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Newport BayClub
2008 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Sequoia Lodge
2009 - Walt Disney World
[/size]

Anonymous

I have a Sorceror Mickey one and an Ariel one. They're okay, but obviously nowhere near as nice as the big ones. I'll try and think on about posting some pictures when I get chance. They are probably in my collection pics, but not close up pictures of them.

MAVERICK

me and my partner have -
                             a lot of pins plus several lanyards
                             MICKEY in his bath robes with a toothbrush toy
                             sorcerer MICKEYS hat
                             a set of three glasses
                             5 coins
                      a large snowglobe of MICKEY through the ages of his films
                            our on ride photos
                            the resort book                                  
                            wedding cake topper of MICKEY and MINNIE

and we will get some more when we go next year on our honeymoon

crunchie_lover

:shock: WOW dark_prince. Came on to look at ur collection and just wow. I've never seen anything like it. How long has it taken you to build that up? I wish my room looked like that!!
July 15th 2007: DLRP.....my second home \":)\"

Anonymous

I only really got into collecting Disney stuff when I went to DLRP last March. I've now been collecting for just over a year.

But I've always collected movies, so I've had a fairly complete collection of Disney animated classics for years. Always seems to be one or two missing though as I'll sell them off as a reissue comes out.

For example, I'm currently missing The Jungle Book and 101 Dalmatians (although I do have copies). And I'm looking to sell my Chicken Little R1 as I've got the Blu Ray edition on pre-order.

tubbsy

I cant find 101 Dalmations for love nor money..
Had this problem a few years ago with Sleeping Beauty and I ended up getting it in DLRP which allowed you to choose the language. Three weeks later it was released in the UK! :roll:  :D

Ah well

Sam
October 2001-Santa Fe
June 2002-New York
August 2006-Sequoia
October 2007-Sequoia
August 2010- Newport Bay Admiral Floor
August 2013- Newport Bay Admirals Floor
August 2014 - WDW! Art of Animation Resort
August 2017- Newport Bay Compass Club

crunchie_lover

I think 101 dalmations is out special edition in march next year.

I've got most of the classics on vid, and only recently started the collection in dvds so I keep a check of when the re-editions are coming out.
July 15th 2007: DLRP.....my second home \":)\"

tubbsy

Thanks for that- I'll hang on for it then. :D

Sam
October 2001-Santa Fe
June 2002-New York
August 2006-Sequoia
October 2007-Sequoia
August 2010- Newport Bay Admiral Floor
August 2013- Newport Bay Admirals Floor
August 2014 - WDW! Art of Animation Resort
August 2017- Newport Bay Compass Club

Anonymous

Yes, 101 Dalmatians is out in March.

Pinocchio, Sleeping Beauty and Fantasia have been added to the Platinum range.

Latest rumours have Sleeping Beauty (a personal favourite) coming out in October / November 2008.

But there are also rumours of them starting to reissue the Platinums before long too, with Snow White, rumoured for 2008 or 2009.

Remains to be seen, I suspect they may go with Sleeping Beauty in 08, Pinocchio in Mar 09, Snow White in Oct 09, Fantasia in Mar 10 and Beauty and the Beast in Oct 10.

I'm looking forward to the animated classics appearing on Blu Ray, and I think one of these will probably be the first Blu Ray. Money's on either Pinocchio or Snow White, but I'd love a Sleeping Beauty Blu Ray next year. And Beauty and the Beast can't come quick enough.

There's getting to be quite a long hiatus on some of these titles. At one time it was supposed to be 7 years, but it's going to be 8 years since Snow White and Beauty and the Beast's last releases if they don't appear until 09 and 10 respectively.