Sparrows

Started by Nath1992, February 17, 2008, 01:09:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nath1992

I dont know if they have sorted this problem out since I went but is it me or are they everywhere, inside restaurants etc? Not very pleasant for people like me who dislikes birds at the least :!: What do you think :?:

Timbo

I have to agree with you about the birds in the restaurants,can be really off putting when you go inside to eat and there bird poo on the furniture and birds nesting inside the restaurant ! Fuente del Oro always seems particulary bad but might be better now !
I suppose it is always a problem  but you have to wonder about the hygiene in the kitchens with all the sparrows around ...

RnRCj

Last time I went went there was one inside Cafe Mickey. :?

I don't think there's anything that can be done about it really. (Unless we use the "Simpsons" method and get a giant, glass dome to cover the resort. :lol:)

CJNorth

This has always been a problem one of my memories of my first visit in 1992 was the birds flying around inside the Cowboy Cookout.
I think it gets a lot worse in the winter months and after 15 years of the resort being open birds will now know they can find shelter and food.

I would think the birds would only want to get in and out of the main eating halls as this is where all the food scraps can be found and the doors are pretty much open all day whereas the Kitchens are more closed off.  However I guess birds do get through into the kitchens at night when no one is around.

I assume this is something Disney are unwilling to do anything about, you can imagine the media outrage if the news ever got out of a Disney extermination team killing off wildlife in the park.
Carl

Anthony

The birds at Fuente del Oro are meant to be there, aren't they?

SparrowsGirl

You know i don't think i've ever noticed any birds in the restaurants before, but i will definatley be on the lookout now  8-[  
:offtopic: I'll also be looking out for the best toilet  :wink:

Jayna62

:pluto: I've never notice any sparrows in the restaurants only outside Casey's and like the March Hare.  :offtopic: And yes we will be checking the toilets next time we go  as well  :wink:

kurgly_bird

it's not that big a deal, the sparrows only appear when guests are messy and drop things on the floor. Granted there are the hygiene issues but they do no harm they just hoover up crumbs and i highly doubt they go into the kitchens that often.

x x x

toonarmylass

ive seen sparrows often in the pinnochio resturant when haveing breakfast in the mornings, also in cafe mickeys once. i was only worried about the leaving behind thier own little gifts!!!! it didnt really bother me and matthew thought they were cute.

ailsa

I don't mind as long as they don't poo on my food!

toonarmylass

lol they were the gifts i was talking about

allie

I've noticed a lot of Sparrows in the Café Hyperion (I think that's how it's spelt). It's quite a pain but after a while I don't tend to notice them! I don't think it's anything Disney can control.

Riebi

I like the sparrows...and I must say, that I never saw some sparrow pooooh around. Not in my meal and not at the tables or somewhere else. A friend of mine even has had the theorie that DLRP suture the sparrows anal to let them look sweet but have nooo shit inside the park. Yes that has she really said to me.  :shock:
I´m not scared by birds or something so I can just look and tell everybody how sweet they are.
Wer nämlich mit "H" schreibt ist dämlich.

...the DPG is watching U...

Reiana

We never had any trouble with the sparrows. There are a lot of the around the whole park, but we never saw them inside the restaurants.
And hey, why worrie about them. They clean up after the guests. Less to do for the cleaning department  :wink:

Nicholas-c

they get everywhere these birds :p we had one at where i work before (supermarket)
August 2003, 04, 05, 06, 07 and 08 - With family
Halloween 2008 - Best trip ever
July 2009 - All alone