Your Disney Pin Collection

Started by Masamune, June 26, 2005, 10:21:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stitch2814

how did the other pins look lindsay?? are they worth the £5 price tag or not lol

I see you got it two, is one for you or are you trading both :P I might pick one up tomoz I can afford one I think or maybe but I dont know hahaha

you on facebook?

Aveen2008

Quote from: "Stitch2814"I hope we just get some better lanyards as it might see a rise in pin traders as not everyone likes mickey or minnie lol (I for one dont like either) but with a few more starter sets with maybe 4 pins on them maybe we would see more traders in store.

how could you not like mickey at least :o  :shock:  :o  :shock:  didn't you know it all started with theeeee mouse hehe!! Just kidding hehe :P  Whatever floats your boat :wink:  :wink:

I agree a few more starter sets/lanyards would be great!

I bought the uk starter lanyard but havent opened it or anything, I just wanted to have it. I have the deluxe DLRP starter lanyard but havent opened it either, I like it all together really. Then I bought a winnie the pooh yellow lanyard on ebay a good while ago, and have about 5 of the disney store red ones :P  ( i am insane , I know! :P )

I remember thinking lanyards were really dear in DLRP when I last went. Like plain lanyards without any pins...can't remember now how much they were though lol!
Luv Aveen xoxo

Aveen2008

Quote from: "Masamune" :D That Lion King pin is too gorgeous Aveen.

:) Here's the new Belle pin.

It's actually much nicer than I thought, even though I already thought it was lovely. It's LE of 1250.

aw wow its gorgeous!!! Did you see the jasmine and rajah one, is it nice or just plain? what about the fab 5 one??
Thanks for posting the pic! :D/  :D/  :D/
Luv Aveen xoxo

Welsheeyore

oooo its nice to see a real picture of it.  and ditto to what Aveen said - is the fab 5 one nice and the other one etc  :D  god cant wait til Monday!

planned trips - Summer 2011 - DLP
                   October 2013 - WDW

Stitch2814

Hahaha I dont know why I just dont like either of them, I think its cause everything disney has to include them hahaha even if they started it just not everyone likes them :P

I thought the same when I got my stitch deluxe lanyard off ebay was only £10 more and I got 8 pins with it and its awesome just a shame the other stitch one (the blue one) is $75  :shock:

I just wish Disney knew how to utilize there marketing strategies when it comes to us and the pins we get as we certainly dont need the fab5, the upcoming mickey one or the winnie the pooh group pin as we have similar ones already.

Masamune

:o I didn't see the Fab 5 one, but I spotted the Jasmine one when they were getting out the Belle pins. It's actually of a decent size, so yeah, I'd say it's worth £5.

:shock: ...And I must be absolutely mad. I just did one of those crazy things where you don't have much time to make a decision...so you end up making possibly the wrong one. Remember what happened with my Robin Hood pins way back when? I got them in the end, but only after 3 weeks of waiting, several e-mails and threats of opening a case. Well...I just went and bought more pins off the same person. :oops: I just couldn't help myself! They had reduced the Pete's Dragon pins they were selling to £30 from £40 for 9. With the P&P that's £3.61 each, and that's for 6 LE pins and 3 Core pins. This, just like the Robin Hood pins, is a very good deal. I'm just praying that all goes well this time.

Stitch2814

hahaha but least you got the pins in the end but hopefully they dont take to long like that time though, so good luck and congrats on the pins hehehe Cant wait to see them.

Aveen2008

Quote from: "Stitch2814"I just wish Disney knew how to utilize there marketing strategies when it comes to us and the pins we get as we certainly dont need the fab5, the upcoming mickey one or the winnie the pooh group pin as we have similar ones already.

I totally agree, there are so many characters i wish they would stop repeating the same ones! :roll:
Luv Aveen xoxo

Masamune

In the payment message I asked that they send the pins via Recorded Delivery on Monday, so that there's at least a chance that I'll get them before Christmas. Hopefully they've learned their lesson since last time. They haven't had any negative feedbacks lately, which is a good thing.

:P So yes, fingers crossed everyone!

Stitch2814

I shall be rooting for you :)

And I totally agree with you Aveen, Disney have this HUGE range of characters are for us in the UK are sticking with Mickey, winnie the pooh etc etc which are ALL brands they sell stuff in store if you look closely, they are giving us pins of the stuff they already sell which I guess is good marketing for them as they must see all that stuff sell and think hmm we will do them pins, but as pin traders go not everyone buys the other merchandise :P

Fingers crossed for some other new characters like the ducktale pin in the next reveal, also would be nice for the price to go back down to £3, £5 and £7 not just £5 and £7, its already an expensive hobby as it is, without our own stores uping the prices.

Masamune

:P More £3 LE pins would be nice. I know there's only been two, but still! Everyone loves a bargain!

Stitch2814

there have been £3 LE pins before...must be before my time hahah how old do I sound  :lol:

I would like a LOW LE pin that is highly sort after, I would love a low LE alice pin as I could get Kevin for it hahaha Ive been told that as a possible trade so I will hope for that day!

Also I would love for us to get a Joanna pin!!

Masamune

There was a Lion King pin and a Lady and the Tramp pin. Both were LE 800 and both were £3. :) Utter bargain.

I like smaller edition sizes as well. That doesn't always mean it's sought after though. The LE 200 Cruella and Mr Toad pins are still available on the website.

Stitch2814

I understand that low LE's are not always popular, as the Grape soda and Stitch patricks day one goes to show 750/800 pins are sort after so I guess it really does depend on the character and what it looks like.

But I mean if we got a low LE stitch pin, or another UP pin then I could see them being sort after propably cheshire, jessica rabbit would be sort after as well but thats going off looking at ebay lol

I know if we ever got a gaston pin it would be rare cause lindsay would buy them all hahahaha

dlrpmad

Hey emma, I cant wait till tomorrow. Its so exciting! Its my first face to face trade with any of you guys, so its brilliant to meet you. If your kids want to trade with me emma, thats fine.
101% Stitch LOVING!!