Your Disney Pin Collection

Started by Masamune, June 26, 2005, 10:21:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

joolsc

Quote from: "Masamune"@ jools - :shock: I'm gonna look through your collection now. :lol: It may take a while, judging by the size of it.

@ Angel - :o What's your username on PinPics? *Wants to see your collection as well*
OKAY

joolsc

Quote from: "Masamune"@ jools - :shock: I'm gonna look through your collection now. :lol: It may take a while, judging by the size of it.

@ Angel - :o What's your username on PinPics? *Wants to see your collection as well*

Whats your pinpics name

Masamune

:P It's Masamune, same as on this forum.

Masamune

:o I finally got through your collection! :) You've got some really lovely pins!

joolsc

Thankyou you have as well how long have you been collecting.

Masamune

:) Since April 2005. :P Sometimes I go a bit crazy buying certain pins on eBay, hence why a lot of mine are Limited Edition ones. :lol: Only sometimes though. :D The real fun is in trading!

:lol: I'm running out of pins to trade though, as I've ended up with loads of pins that I won't ever want to get rid of.

joolsc

Quote from: "Masamune":) Since April 2005. :P Sometimes I go a bit crazy buying certain pins on eBay, hence why a lot of mine are Limited Edition ones. :lol: Only sometimes though. :D The real fun is in trading!

:lol: I'm running out of pins to trade though, as I've ended up with loads of pins that I won't ever want to get rid of.

That's the problem with collecting pins you never want to trade the ones you have.

Masamune

Exactly! I'll probably end up buying some cheap ones off eBay just for trading.

:) BTW, my mum's PinPics account is Pin_Princess. :lol: She has even more pins than I do.

joolsc

Quote from: "Masamune"Exactly! I'll probably end up buying some cheap ones off eBay just for trading.

:) BTW, my mum's PinPics account is Pin_Princess. :lol: She has even more pins than I do.

She has a nice collection. How long has she been collecting.

Masamune

:) Same as me. We hadn't even noticed Pin Trading before we visited in April 2005, even though we have been 3 times before. :P The other person we went with in April (my cousin Rachel) is a huge Jessica Rabbit fan, so she bought the Jessica Rabbit lanyard and 4 pin set before we set out to the park on the morning we arrived.

As we were walking from the Sante Fe to the park, Rachel read all about Pin Trading on the lanyard card, and it explained that the reason for having 2 of each Jessica pin was so that you could keep one and trade the other. :D So then I ended up buying the Jessica lanyard and pins from the Cheyenne shop, and mum ended up buying the same thing at the Disney Village, as well as all of us buying a bunch of 3 Euro Santa Fe and Stitch pins to trade. :o That's how we got into Pin Trading.

joolsc

Quote from: "Masamune":) Same as me. We hadn't even noticed Pin Trading before we visited in April 2005, even though we have been 3 times before. :P The other person we went with in April (my cousin Rachel) is a huge Jessica Rabbit fan, so she bought the Jessica Rabbit lanyard and 4 pin set before we set out to the park on the morning we arrived.

As we were walking from the Sante Fe to the park, Rachel read all about Pin Trading on the lanyard card, and it explained that the reason for having 2 of each Jessica pin was so that you could keep one and trade the other. :D So then I ended up buying the Jessica lanyard and pins from the Cheyenne shop, and mum ended up buying the same thing at the Disney Village, as well as all of us buying a bunch of 3 Euro Santa Fe and Stitch pins to trade. :o That's how we got into Pin Trading.

We noticed in 1999 in Orlando and then it started in 2002 in Disney Studios Paris. We went in June 2002 when they where opening the park.

joolsc

You can trade on pin pics but they are usually from the USA and the pins don't always turn up.

I wish there was away of trading in the UK and Europe only.

moolie19

a good way of getting cheap pins to trade used to be in the disney store sale. Alot of my pins were got this way, i would wait till the end of the sale and but pins for 79p ish and then take them to dlrp to trade.

as for trading between the uk and europe, i don't suppose there is anything to stop us trading between ourselves.

Masamune

@ jools - :) What's it like Pin Trading in America? :o It's it easier because they speak English? I've always found it quite easy to trade with Cast Members at DLRP, almost all of them are very pleasant. I'm just wondering if it's actually a little easier in America. Also, are many American guests into Pin Trading?

:P I don't think I'd ever risk trading via PinPics, no matter how much I want certain pins.

@ moolie - :( I've found that some Cast Members can be a bit awkward about UK Disney Store pins. Some don't recognise them as being official because they don't have the Pin Trading logo on the back.

joolsc

It is great trading in the USA but you have to be careful as there are a lot of none park pins as Pro Pins or sedesma. The only other thing is that other guests come up to you asking to swap your good ones for there bad ones.

I like to trade Disneyland Paris pins in the US and US pins in Paris.

You are right about Paris not trading for Disney store pins they are getting very stupid about it.