Your Disney Pin Collection

Started by Masamune, June 26, 2005, 10:21:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Masamune

:shock: You have so many! :P Did you start off by collecting pins of a specific character, or do you just get pins that you like? :D

fly_with_me_dumbo

masamune- its the same username as on here, these are small descriptions of the ones i cannot find. i have a cast member one that goes above their name badge, an old fashion piglet one blowing a dandelion, a minnie mouse brooch from 1987 there is one on but the positioning of minnies hands is different, and a mickey mouse head that seems quite old its black and white and there are a few that look like it but mine on the back says L.Y. PARIS, i'll proberly get the pics on next week though i dont have no batteries  :cry: my collection is only small, i have 10 on it including 1 set and one with 6 pieces, so with the other four i only have 14. :oops:

Masamune

:o I love your Mickey rubber pin set!

:lol: I think I found the Piglet one, but I'll have to wait to see your pics before finding the rest. :) The thing with PinPics is that there's thousands of pins on there, so to find just one out of all of those you need to search for specific keywords.

Piglet - http://www.pinpics.com/cgi-bin/pin.cgi? ... 8286020.v2

:P Let me know if this is the right Piglet pin!

moolie19

I started my pin collection by buying evertything i liked and it kind of went from there.
although now we tend to stick to princesses and tinkerbell (my favourites) stitch (my husbands favourite, although he still says that he does not like disney and only goes for my benefit) and disneyland paris (my second home......i wish)
mind you having said that i have just bought a set of three pins via ebay that are each a pair of flip flops. ( i had to have them they were so cute in the picture)

my home is like a sub branch of the disney store, even my desk at work is personalised with disney stuff. I think my husband hopes i might grow out of it but it will never happen.

Masamune

:lol: There's so many pins to collect, it would be better to just stick to a specific few.

:P This is my fave Princess pin that I have.

http://www.pinpics.com/cgi-bin/pin.cgi? ... 8343728.v2

:o I did have a Tinker Bell birthstone pin, but I traded it for one of my fave pins in my whole collection! :shock: It's Limited Edition, and it's personally signed by the artist! :) I traded it off one of those non-Cast Member pin traders that are sometimes sat near the Pin Trading cart at the end of Main Street.

http://www.pinpics.com/cgi-bin/pin.cgi? ... 8343728.v2

;) You'll have to try and make your husband come round to the Disney way of thinking!

fly_with_me_dumbo

i cant believe you found it i was sure i looked through all the piglet ones, tahnks  :D  now i just have to find the others, i some how dont htink the mickey head will be on as it doesnt say disney on the back but L.Y. PARIS it looks quite old though, any ideas anyone?
the mickey rubber pin set i think it says it was bought in new zeland but mine was bought from disney in 1997!
 :wink:

Masamune

:D I'm glad I got the Piglet one right!

:lol: I typed in "Black White Mickey Head" and got 150 results.

:o Since it's other users who list the pins, not everyone thinks to say what's on the back of the pin. :) *Will wait and see your pics* :P If I can't find them after that, you should list them yourself!

joolsc

Please see my online list of pins at pinpics.com

http://www.pinpics.com/cgi-bin/search.c ... 37&view=v2

You also can see my trades under joolsc

joolsc

If anyone has any Stitch pins that are not listed in my collection I would be interested in trading. I live in the UK so it is easy to Trade within Europe or the USA/ Canada.

Angel

You have an amazing collection.  Where do you keep them?

joolsc

In pin bags in the spare room

Angel

Do you display any?  I collect the WDCC ornaments and get the co-ordinating pins which I display on a velvet cushion.

joolsc

No, we keep them protected but we get them regular basis.

Angel

I have really only just begun my collection, I have a few limited editions.  I am hoping to visit Disneyland twice this year so hopefully I will increase my collection but it will take me a long time to catch up with you!!!

joolsc

We have been collecting since 2002 but try not to get carried away with wanting certain pins just take it as a hobby. Some people have to have certain pins but we just see what's around at the time of going to Disneyland Paris or Orlando. You just have to careful as it can get very expensive.