Your Disney Pin Collection

Started by Masamune, June 26, 2005, 10:21:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aveen2008

Quote from: "Masamune"@ Aveen - :? Oh wow, how weird. There's nothing in the rules about trading with CMs that mentions that trades should be like for like. The CM you dealt with was clearly mistaken, or just being awkward. :( Seems a shame that you missed out on a pin you wanted just because someone didn't have the right info.

@ Danny - :P LOL, I just wish I had that many.

I think there maybe some rule or whatever saying your meant to swap like for like because in DLP it was the same when I went to trade with a cast member working in the pin trading store in hollywood boulevard in the studios....It's probably like the pin board the way your meant to swap like for like there two :?  :?  I didn't really mind today like. Pin trading in my disney store had just become majorly boring really as no one else really trades so the lanyard rarely changes at all. I haven't actually traded in 2-3 months and yet there was only 3 different pins on the lanyard. I didn't even bother to ask for the other lanyard because depending on the staff member sometimes they say they cant take it out or something random like that. I think it will come to a stage were I won't pin trade in the disney stores because it's just boring now for me :cry:  :cry:  :cry:
Luv Aveen xoxo

Stitch2814

awww thats a shame, there should be a disney store in ireland which is the only thing I would kinda miss if I move over lol as I would hate not being able to see a lanyard and visit the store :(

I think here it might be th same but since the CM's dont really know whats LE or anything then who are we to tell them otherwise hahaha I mean the woman who traded me the CM Donald sqaure pin said nothing to me about it being a CM pin but when lindsay asked to trade for a Mickey in red shirt CM pin she was all like you know this is a CM pin especially given to cast members as we who work here are cast members (kinda in a weird way imo)

But me and lindsay didnt say anything lol well until we left the store at least :P

Masamune

I just went over the Pin Trading rules, and I can't see anything that mentions like for like trades. :o So if that ever happened with me in the future (it already happened to me when pin trading first started here), I'd just set the CM straight, or ask them to show me where in the rules it states such a thing.

Welsheeyore

Quote from: "Masamune"I just went over the Pin Trading rules, and I can't see anything that mentions like for like trades. :o So if that ever happened with me in the future (it already happened to me when pin trading first started here), I'd just set the CM straight, or ask them to show me where in the rules it states such a thing.
thats quite interesting really - if you were trading with each other we would expect another LE or 2xcores perhaps for an LE - but as you say the 'rules' dont say anything about CM trading in that way it just says they have to trade what you want for what you offer.
xx

planned trips - Summer 2011 - DLP
                   October 2013 - WDW

Welsheeyore

postman just came :)  got my Buckeye pin 64826 - am now short of the cherry pie one to complete that set - hubby teasing saying wonder if you will ever get that and lookin at the tree - so the detective in me thinks I might get it for Christmas!!
xx

October 2013 - WDW

Aveen2008

Lindsay - am I right though that on the pin boards you have to trade like for like? Where is that rule? :?  Sometimes its just frustrating because depending on who your trading with people tell you different things. It's annoying when a cast member tells you something that you know is not true :P

Emma - aw I really hope you get it! :D  Glad your pin came too!

Sam I got the pins you traded me today, I absolutely love them- thank you :D/ !!!

just to show everyone these are the pins I got from Sam today...

Cheshire cat mardi gras WDW-

Pocahontas fall 2003 -
Luv Aveen xoxo

Welsheeyore

Quote from: "Aveen2008"Lindsay - am I right though that on the pin boards you have to trade like for like? Where is that rule? :?  Sometimes its just frustrating because depending on who your trading with people tell you different things. It's annoying when a cast member tells you something that you know is not true :P

Emma - aw I really hope you get it! :D  Glad your pin came too!

Sam I got the pins you traded me today, I absolutely love them- thank you :D/ !!!

just to show everyone these are the pins I got from Sam today...

Cheshire cat mardi gras WDW-

Pocahontas fall 2003 -
they are really lovely pins - is the Cheshire Cat one moveable?

on the trade thing I think that the 'honourable' thing to do is trade like for like amongst traders isnt it but the rules dont state it as such in regard to LE and things.  as you say very confusing and especially for someone new to it like me!

xx

October 2013 - WDW

Aveen2008

Emma - nope he doesnt move actually he's just 3D but its beautiful, probably one of my favourite pins now! :D
Luv Aveen xoxo

Stitch2814

those two pins are very nice aveen, the cheshire one is great thye could re-release that pin but have the head as a spinner which would be quite funky :P

Masamune

:o I think it's different with Cast Members in that they're given those pins purely to trade. If someone trades them a LE pin for a standard Core pin, they have no right to then hoard that LE pin until they get one in return. It shouldn't matter if a pin is LE, if a Guest wants that pin, they should be able to have it.

@ Aveen - :) The boards at DLRP are set out with LE pins at the top and Core pins at the bottom. I'm fine with something like that though, as it means there's a wide variety of LEs on offer. If they wanted to start making it so that all trades from CM lanyards are like for like, they should make separate lanyards for the LE pins.

:P BTW, those pins are gorgeous! ;) Especially the Cheshire one!

Stitch2814

I forgot to post these the other day as two of my remaining pins arrived :)

Charles Muntz

stitch invasion ireland pin

Shall be getting these and my other pins in january so they dont get lost in the post.

Welsheeyore

hi all xx

had a bargain on ebay today - got 69774 and 1166 for just £1.99 including postage :)

October 2013 - WDW

Aveen2008

Great pins emma & danny! :D

Lindsay - yea ur right! :D
Luv Aveen xoxo

Masamune

@ Danny - :P Love the new Up pin.

@ Emma - :D Congrats on the bargain!

The pins I was waiting for from America arrived today!

:o The Daisy one is being traded to Sam, and the other two are mine. :lol: That has to be the freakiest Cheshire Cat pin ever, so I couldn't resist it. And the Horned King/Chernabog pin is a slider! So Chernabog can be hidden. :shock: Also, it's glow in the dark AND the brown part of the Horned King's clothes is made out of some sort of SUADE material! I'm so impressed! :) All of them are LE pins.

Stitch2814

those look awesome Lindsay, the cheshire cat one is very weird indeed but still looks cool and takes it to 43 cheshire cat pins :) The middle chernabog pin well confused me at first as I was like what is that pin of LOL then I read your description and it sounds awesome, so much going on on the pin :P