Christmas Season 2007 - 2008

Started by Kristof, November 12, 2007, 01:44:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kristof

The Christmas Celebrations are usually low-key at Walt Disney Studios Park and this year it's not that different at all.  

A roundup for this year's festivities:

» Christmas decorations on Front Lot, Disney Studio 1 and throughout the park.

» Christmas Cinéfolies

» Toon en Scène pour les Fêtes:Summer Season's Toon Train with a Christmas lay-over, as of 11 November 2007

» Swing Along Santas will make a return as of 22 December 2007

:arrow: Photos from last year's Christmas Season at Walt Disney Studios Park.

:arrow: Photos from this year's Christmas Season at Walt Disney Studios Park.

Merry Christmas! :santa:

peep

Quote from: "raptor1982"» Swing Along Santas as of 22 December 2007

Lol, that could be quite amusing, shame I won't get to see them.
Next visit to DLP: October 26th
Coaster Count: over 320

Nala_84

Hey, thanks a lot for a special WDS Christmas topic ;)!

Maybe here can also be shown some pics later this/next month :)! Although there's not much Christmas stuff at WDS, I'm really curious to see their decorations!
[size=85]1992 - Disneyland Paris - 1-day-trip
2000 - Disneyland Paris - Santa Fe
2004 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Cheyenne
2005 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Santa Fe
2007 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Newport BayClub
2008 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Sequoia Lodge
2009 - Walt Disney World
[/size]

The Butlin Boy

Perhaps next year when the Tower of Terror is open we'll get a proper Christmas season and a hopefully a Halloween season too :wink:

anthony2k6

i wonder how long they'l leave studio 1 decorations up this time?!  :lol:

Anthony

Quote from: "anthony2k6"i wonder how long they'l leave studio 1 decorations up this time?!  :lol:
Hehe, some of them they didn't even need to put back up this year. :lol: Actually, I think it was only the Glamor Girl Cosmetics windows wasn't it?

Some news! First image of Toon en Scène pour les Fêtes. I spent about 5 minutes trying to work out what it was...

Looks like the designs are as crazy as the Summer version.

Patrick

OK that just looks weird, what's with the flamingo :lol: , really whoever this show is down to I have to hand it to them they have a rather huge imagination.  Just can only hope this show is just a little bit better than the rather rubbish show they put on during the summer.

Anthony

It might do a bit better with the Christmas theme. What seemed weird in the Summer one were the song choices... didn't seem like they had any relation to what was going on, Chip n' Dale just bumped into the band backstage by accident.

And of course they had to put Stitch somewhere for Christmas, didn't they?

Edit: Unfortunately (or perhaps fortunately?) Toon en Scene isn't so much a "show" as a meet 'n' greet event. There's no live band. A bit like Characters' Express or Good Morning WDS but using the three trailer sets as photo locations.

The Butlin Boy

I think it looks alright actually, they should have it in or by the Toon Studio though :roll:

ightenhill

Quote from: "The Butlin Boy"Perhaps next year when the Tower of Terror is open we'll get a proper Christmas season and a hopefully a Halloween season too :wink:

Technically it is open for this season...well from 22nd Dec anyway :D one thing that has always bugged em a little on previous christmas visits though is the lack of fireworks.. Has that been put to rights this year.
[size=85]WDW Florida July 91(way too hot), DL California June 92,DL California Sep 93, DLP France Feb 96, DLP France March 02, DLP France Christmas to NY 03, WDW Christmas Eve to NY 04, WDW Oct 05, DL California Christmas to NY 05, DLP March 06, WDW Nov 06,DLP Paris Christmas to NY 06, WDW April 07 DL California Nov 07, WDW Dec 07, DLP Mar 08, DLP Jul 08, DL Hong Kong Mar 09, WDW Oct 09,  DLP Xmas 09[/size]

Nala_84

Wow raptor, I like the pictures of the Christmas Season at WDS :)!

Where is the "Toons on the Set for Christmas" situated?? Well I don't know if they'll be there next years'S Christmas Season, but is it possible to take a photo with the characters on those sweet christmas sets??
Especially the Pluto set is awesome :)
[size=85]1992 - Disneyland Paris - 1-day-trip
2000 - Disneyland Paris - Santa Fe
2004 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Cheyenne
2005 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Santa Fe
2007 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Newport BayClub
2008 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Sequoia Lodge
2009 - Walt Disney World
[/size]

Anthony

Tower of Terror and Hollywood Boulevard are nothing. The real confirmation that Walt Disney Studios is now a real, separate park is this...

Finally its own Christmas Tree!!! :lol:

Quote from: "Nala_84"Where is the "Toons on the Set for Christmas" situated?? Well I don't know if they'll be there next years'S Christmas Season, but is it possible to take a photo with the characters on those sweet christmas sets??
Especially the Pluto set is awesome :)
It stops on Place des Stars, near the stage. The whole point of it is actually just a photo opportunity, so yes you'll be able to get some snaps. :wink:

penfold12

is that the final place and set up for the Christmas tree? Looks kinda dropped there

ightenhill

Quote from: "penfold12"is that the final place and set up for the Christmas tree? Looks kinda dropped there

it does look oddly positoned though I suppose theres no real square to place it in now.
[size=85]WDW Florida July 91(way too hot), DL California June 92,DL California Sep 93, DLP France Feb 96, DLP France March 02, DLP France Christmas to NY 03, WDW Christmas Eve to NY 04, WDW Oct 05, DL California Christmas to NY 05, DLP March 06, WDW Nov 06,DLP Paris Christmas to NY 06, WDW April 07 DL California Nov 07, WDW Dec 07, DLP Mar 08, DLP Jul 08, DL Hong Kong Mar 09, WDW Oct 09,  DLP Xmas 09[/size]

Reiana

Somehow the tree looks like he could walk (roll) from one place  to another on his own  :lol:  Weird thinking, I know  :roll:  :wink: