Does DLRP abandon germany?

Started by Riebi, November 12, 2007, 10:18:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Disneyana

Maybe, but still the most important thing for Germans is the price.  :wink:  And DLP is not cheap in many of their opinions.
Oh Boy ! \":mickey2:\"

lil-shawn

QuoteMaybe, but still the most important thing for Germans is the price.  And DLP is not cheap in many of their opinions.

I argee with you the price will play a big roll, but in my option i thnink no park in germany have two parks and a entertaiment district, and no park has the magic like disney. befor i go to an other park in germany i save money and go to disneyland, its like a little holiday trip, im in a other country and im at disneyland nothing is better!!

i think the big problem is not the money than the germans arent poor but  the most of them spent the money to mallorca and ibiza to make party and drink a lot the whole week...
the most people in germany don´t know about the thrilling attractions in disneyland they only thinks is just something for little kids.
we need more reportages about the trhillrides at disneyland and mor tv adverts...

Parkfisch

Quote from: "lil-shawn"
Quotemost people in germany don´t know about the thrilling attractions in disneyland they only thinks is just something for little kids.
we need more reportages about the trhillrides at disneyland and mor tv adverts...

That's what I always say.
I hope there will be Tower of Terror commercial spots on German Television.

Riebi

Let´s pray together  [-o<
Wer nämlich mit "H" schreibt ist dämlich.

...the DPG is watching U...

Riebi

Hey ho!
Long long loooooooong I´ve said to myself: "How will the first ToT-advertising will come to my home". Since today morning I know what way it has take. Via video text.  :shock:

On german televsion video text (RTL and VOX, both RTL-media-group) you can find the big message: "Disney-Paris: New attraction" (yes with hyphen and just attraction not attractions). If you choooose the site, this text will come to your eyes:

QuoteNeue Attraktion im Disney-Land Paris
Ein Gefühl wie im freien Fall aus 52 Metern Höhe können Touristen bald in Europas erstem Tower of Terror erleben. Die neue Attraktion im "Disneyland Paris" soll im März eröffnen. Sie ist gestaltet wie ein verlassenes Luxushotel aus den 30er Jahren. Durch die Eingangshalle und die Bibliothek des "Towers" werden die Fahrgäste in den Hotelfahrstuhl geschleust. Dieser fahre 52 Meter in die Höhe und rase dann "schneller als im freien Fall" wieder herunter, erläutert die Vertretung des Freizeitparks in München.
Phantasialand: AUch hier "freier Fall"
Wer nicht bis nach Paris reisen, jedoch einen "freien Fall" genießen will, kann dies auch im "Phantasialand" bei Brühl tun. Das "Mystery Castle" ist die dortige Attraktion. Zunächst wird der Besucher durch das den Turm umgebende Schloss geführt und auf dem Weg von Geistern und Ungeheuern "angegruselt". Nach dem "Abschuss" aus der Bodenposition der 48, 6 Meter langen Fahrstrecke folgt der Absturz im quasi freiem Fall aus der höchsten Position. Die Fahr läuft bei fast vollständiger Dunkelheit ab.

For everybody who doesnt have a clue in german the interesting points:

Disneyland Paris (not the WDS park, no no no! [-X  You know that the germans don´t even know that it exist :wink: ) has a new attraction. Just one. not more. ONE!
The new ride will open in march. (So all who has ridden it since december: liers!  :lol: )
The ride is themed by an luxery hotel, you have to go to the lobby, the bibliothek and then to the lift.
There you will get lifted till 52 meters and then: fall faster then free fall.
(I has writen a bit enthralling then the text really is)
Till this point WOW a advertising! WOW!  :D/   =D>  sure it has some mistakes! But something there!
But then you can read the rest:
For all people who wouldn´t go to paris: Noooo problem! Phantasialand in Brühl has a similar thing! The Mystery castle. (not really a good free fall tower....) After a description of this "great" ride you can just ask yourself: "Why travel to paris" :twisted:

But cool job that the german agency abroad at munich hast do "something" to get a videotext place :P

Anthony

That's the cr*ppest piece of advertising I have ever, ever seen.

Riebi, I really feel your pain now!! :lol:

Nala_84

Finally...

...someone feels our pain and sorrows now :mrgreen: Isn't it sad how they treat us? I'm so pleased that there's the internet where I can get all the news about DLRP :)
[size=85]1992 - Disneyland Paris - 1-day-trip
2000 - Disneyland Paris - Santa Fe
2004 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Cheyenne
2005 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Santa Fe
2007 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Newport BayClub
2008 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Sequoia Lodge
2009 - Walt Disney World
[/size]

Riebi

An noooow you have also the videotext of vox and rtl on some poooor days :mrgreen:

Remco K.

Re:
Quote from: "lil-shawn"I thingk to bring the disney store back to germany is no problem, because a friend who works on the bank told me that when u wanna make a company in germany like mc donalds or starbucks u have to macke a deal with the owners and u get the stuff to cell, the name and other thinks and ur the boss of the shop.
Your friend was probably talking about a franchise.

Sometimes it's possible to open a new location for a company, like McDonald's (as you already mentioned). You make an investment, and the company (McDonald's) takes care of the realisation of the restaurant (interior, etc.). Also, you will need keep to the rules of McDonald's when it comes to running a restaurant under their brand.

Quote from: "lil-shawn"I don´t know if he told me the truth but when it is true i make one in nuernberg :-)
Well, I'm not sure if the Walt Disney Company also works with franchises for their Disney Stores, but if they do, be aware of the price tag that comes with it.

Franchising a Disney Store will most likely ask for a pretty heavy investment: license for using the Disney brand, rent for the store, the merchandise. And be sure to pick the perfect location for the store. You'll need a lot of visitors per day, and not only to check out the store but also to actually buy something. Or else you'll probably run the store to the ground in no time.

lil-shawn

QuoteWell, I'm not sure if the Walt Disney Company also works with franchises for their Disney Stores, but if they do, be aware of the price tag that comes with it.

Franchising a Disney Store will most likely ask for a pretty heavy investment: license for using the Disney brand, rent for the store, the merchandise. And be sure to pick the perfect location for the store. You'll need a lot of visitors per day, and not only to check out the store but also to actually buy something. Or else you'll probably run the store to the ground in no time.

So ur right, they don´t i was talking to an manager of the disney store in Miami, and he told me its not easy to have an disney store in germany cause a friend of him was the owner of the disney store in frankfurt...

so i have to play lotto and have to win a lot of money than maybe i can do it  :P

Riebi

The big videotext advertising bang for the resort go on! This time with another silly feature at VOX-video text.

Formula 1 Racing at Euro-Disney! This was the head-banging headline which I found yesterday late in the evening.
I said to myself "Wow! A decision in this plan" and couldn´t wait to read it. But it was just a message about the thinking of mr. Eckelstone that he whish a course at "Euro-Disney" or Paris.

:mrgreen: But one cool thing: I was always thinking he kept in his mind to make a course at Disneyland Resort Paris. But now VOX has told us that it will happen at euro disney. Sounds like a very big and very loud office party! :mrgreen:  :mrgreen:

Riebi

Something new about the train connection to DLRP:

http://www.dlp.info wrote:

QuoteSince June 10, 2007 Paris is connected to Frankfurt via Mannheim, Kaiserslautern and Saarbrücken as well as to Stuttgart via Karlsruhe and Straßburg by a high speed rail connection serviced by TGV and ICE trains. As Frank Hoffmann - the director of Alleo GmbH, the joint-venture of the German Bahn and the French SNCF - now stated the company is far ahead of its estimates. The Disneyland Resort Paris hasn't managed to profit from this new and fast connection so far, mostly since the trains go directly to the city center, to be exact: Gare de 'Est.
But according Frank Hoffmann this is about to change! Starting this July a bus shuttle is planned to operate between Gare de l'Est and the Disneyland Resort Paris. And it should get even better as Frank Hoffmann not only mentioned that currently another stop in the Champagne is considered for the high speed trains but also stated that "at a later point" the high speed trains should stop directly at the train station of the Disneyland Resort Paris (similar as the EuroStar already does)!

What should I say about this. Maybe I should say that before the high speed connections between frankfurt/Stuttgart/Munich and Paris were reality the DLRP-station was integrated in this line. You can read it in an older catalogue were the connection is listed and TGV or ICE take a direct stop at DLRP. Why have they canceled this?
There were a big party at every station of the line! We had here in Saarbrücken two big events with stars on stage and a very big advertising campain to keep sure that everyone knows: just 1 hour and 50 minutes and you´re in Paris! One for party for the connection and one party for the new highspeed station.
This was a big chance for DLRP to say: And just 1 hour and 40 minutes to come to us!
But nothing happend. The direct connection to DLRP was canceled and so now you must take the metro from gare de l´est and later then the line A to DLRP. That cost 1 hour min. and so you can take the car. Takes just 30 minutes longer and is cheaper.
Since june 2008 they would take buses....don´t think that that makes the times shorter!
One thing by the way: We ask last time we went to DLRP and they said the connection would come in oktober 2007. Missed chances.

experiment627

Quote from: "Riebi"This was a big chance for DLRP to say: And just 1 hour and 40 minutes to come to us!
But nothing happend. The direct connection to DLRP was canceled and so now you must take the metro from gare de l´est and later then the line A to DLRP.

Riebi, there was *never* any direct TGV / ICE connection from Germany to Marne-la-Vallée Chessy.

Riebi

Yes thats the point. There were never. But before the start they were planned. You can find it in the older catalogues together with a big advertising of TGV EST. But one later they are showing another connection. The connection should start with the normal roll out of TGV EST but they´ve canceld the Marne-La-Vallée route.

And even after this DLRP could have said "Tous-en-train" and make a "Just 2 hours away"-campain like we have and had this "Just 110 minutes till paris" campains all around my city.

It´s here a real trend to go for a breakfast to Paris now. The trains are a big success and they´ve add some trains just few weeks before. Why not make a sunday morning break at paris is now a normal question in my region. It´s a real burner. All because some advertising. But nothing from DLRP. So everyone has the good connection to Paris in mind but nobody has the idea to take line A to Disney.

experiment627

Quote from: "Riebi"And even after this DLRP could have said "Tous-en-train" and make a "Just 2 hours away"-campain like we have and had this "Just 110 minutes till paris" campains all around my city.

Yes, but DLRP is *not* just two hours away... I used this connection several times last year and it can be a real pain to get from the resort to the Gare de l'Est with your luggage.

The problem with the TGV Est is that right now, Deutsche Bahn and SNCF only have a very limited number of trains that can run in France and in Germany. (As far as I know, the railway network in both countries uses different voltages...)
At the same time, Marne-la-Vallée station is not on *any* route going into Paris... so the trains can't just stop on their way at DLRP.

So it's not that easy.  During the next few years, more and more new trains should be put into service. But it still might take some till there's the first direkt train to DLRP.