Does DLRP abandon germany?

Started by Riebi, November 12, 2007, 10:18:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anthony

Someone, hire Riebi!! :wink:

Hopefully they'll do something for Tower of Terror? I'm not sure why, but it seems like something which would go down really well in Germany - a big thrill, great themeing. Seems like exactly the kind of thing which would give the local parks a challenge.

lil-shawn

hey riebi and other fans,

i argee with you but in one thing i have to say thet on the begining of the
15th i saw a comercial in germany on super rtl, i was zapping around and my phone was ringing so i stoped there and 2 minutes later there was the comercial, i was happy and told the person on the phone she have to watch it, because shes a very big disney fanatic too and sche don´t know anything whats new i have to told her everything and it makes me sick...

i want that everything come back we had years ago, the disney stores, the comercial and more information from the park. I thingk to bring the disney store back to germany is no problem, because a friend who works on the bank told me that when u wanna make a company in germany like mc donalds or starbucks u have to macke a deal with the owners and u get the stuff to cell, the name and other thinks and ur the boss of the shop. I don´t know if he told me the truth but when it is true i make one in nuernberg :-)

Nala i argee with u too, the dvd publishing in germany sucks, when i look at the internet i see the us get a dumbo special edition, the fox and the hound special edition, aristocats special edition and more, why they don´t bring it here too, i like the platinum special editon but these are just 14 titels and that sucks. i don´t like the special collectin tere are awfull, why we don´t get uncle remus wonderland, tower of terror movie, roger rabbit as a dvd? i dont under stand it i think the disney brand in europe are not so important!  :cry:
I was thinking to write an nice mail to buena vista and ask them but i dont know what to write!!!

Riebi

Quote from: "lil-shawn"hey riebi and other fans,

i argee with you but in one thing i have to say thet on the begining of the
15th i saw a comercial in germany on super rtl, i was zapping around and my phone was ringing so i stoped there and 2 minutes later there was the comercial, i was happy and told the person on the phone she have to watch it, because shes a very big disney fanatic too and sche don´t know anything whats new i have to told her everything and it makes me sick...

Yes I heard about a short spot thing  :)  Must be a three days campain or something  :lol:  
Wish so much that they bring back the old Info and Campain times.
Aaaaaand I´m praying for your disney store! I will be your first guest and buy another big cup or something else  :mrgreen:
And the letter-writing thing: Let´s do it all together!

Quote from: "Baloo"Someone, hire Riebi!!  

Yeeeest pleaaaaaaaase! Stitch....ehm...Riebi want job at disney! I promise to no showing of my Seee foooood and to make a cake on my and walts birthday. Watch up Disney: Heeeeres your man! :D/
Wer nämlich mit "H" schreibt ist dämlich.

...the DPG is watching U...

Anonymous

Quote from: "davewasbaloo"
Quote from: "Dark_Prince"I really don't have much interest at all in visiting the US parks

Really  :shock: as much as I love DLP, Epcot and Animal Kingdom are awesome, and the original DL in California is the best of the lot!!!  But DLP is still pretty special.

I'd like to see Animal Kingdom - I do enjoy zoo's and safari park's a lot. But I'm not that bothered about Epcot.

Most of what I want is contained within DLRP, and I like the convenience of being able to drive there myself, not have to worry about carting masses of luggage around, and what I can or cannot take or bring back.

No Disney Store in Germany. I couldn't imagine that!  :?

I'd probably be a lot wealthier though.  :lol:

Disneyana

That's all so sad and true. Disney is really leting Germany down. I remember years ago. We had a lol of Disney TV Programm. There were shows and Cartoons. With the opening of DLP there were a lot of advertising spots on TV. Every year we saw a couple of new spots. Even no commercial break was without one. The opening was shown on TV. At this time Thomas Gottschalk was doing the Disney Filmparade. Every year there was a special on TV for Christmas. The movies of the 90's were so well campaigned. With Making of's and trailers. We had Disney Stores and Toy Shops were full of Disneystuff. The magazines were full with DLP and every travel agent had a poster of DLP in their window.

But these times are loooooooooong gone. But why ?! What happened ?!  :shock:  Is it really the german people, who are not that interested in Disney ?! I don't know. The Disney Stores are no longer anywhere in Germany, cause they made not enough profit.  :cry:  And we don't see anything of DLP or Disney on TV. Except of some Cartoons. But where are the specials ? We had an one hour special about SM, but I don't expect that we will get one of TOT. And hello, DLP is 15 now, but where are the TV spots ?  We don't see one here. the posters at travel agents are now only a small leaflet, which you see in the very last second when you pass by. And even the trailer for Ratatouille was only rare shown.

Don't know, why the WDC isn't interested in the German market, but if they go on like that, it will be no wonder that the german visitors for DLP will get less and less.  :cry:
Oh Boy ! \":mickey2:\"

smurfy74

it seems a bad situation, here we have had loads of adverts for the 15th anniversary and WDW, all the travel agencies have had stuff in them, at least it can only get better

MinnieMouse

That´s the question I ask any months ago to the german DLRP Office. I ask why we have not Vacation Planning Kits, TV Spots or any other things like the Disney Parcs in the United States have. They told me, that the Europeans would not be interested in those things :-(

That would be not interesting for Europe, especially for germany. I can´t understand this  :cry:

Alexandra

Disneyana

In some way it's true. The Germans really are not that much into Disney. A lot of them find DLP too expensive. Why travel some 100 km away for a Themepark, when we have a lot of other parks much nearer and much cheaper ?! That's the question Germans always ask me when I'm telling about DLP. Next the Disney store was the biggest example for the uninterest of most of the Germans. They made no profit.  :cry:  And at least, Germany was seperated into East and West for a long time. At this time the East didn't know about Disney as the West and they're still not familar with it. Sad but true, the Germans are some difficult people in some ways and they very often complain about things. What does not mean, that they're not nice and friendly people, please don't understand me wrong !  :lol:

Anonymous

But do you have any theme parks in Germany on the scale of Disneyland.

We have lots of parks over here in the UK, but none of them are as impressive as Disney, and they're all missing that Disney magic.

And none of them have Belle!  :wink: :belle:

dagobert

If there would be more advertisement and TV commercials, I think that the Germans would be more interested in Disney.

Maybe another problem is that the Walt Disney Company Germany is responsible for the advertisement and DLRP is not wholly owned by the WDC.

I think a good idea to advertise DLRP is before a Disney-movie, instead of so  many trailers for other films.

Anonymous

Don't you get adverts for it on the front of Disney DVD's in Germany?

There always is on the UK Disney DVD's.

Although they haven't started advertising it on Blu Ray's yet!  :?

dagobert

Yes, there are advertisements on the dvds, but I think most of the people skip it.

I was thinking about commercials before disney movies in cinemas.

They should also use the German Mickey Mouse Magazine to advertise DLRP.

Disneyana

Oh there were a lot of advertisement in the early years of DLP. But sadly only 10% of the visitors were from Germany. Compared to 40% french and 20% British. Now there are only 5% from Germany. So sad but true, Germans really aren't that much into Disney. But neverthless, Disney should really start to advertise more in Germany. They do have great offers like 3=2 and Kids Free, they should advertise them more in Germany. I think that could bring more Germans to DLP.  :D

And yes we do have a lot of Theme Parks here in Germany, but none of them is like Disney. In most of them you see a lot of Disney copies. But  sadly a lot of the german people don't recgonise this.  :cry:

Riebi

I think this is a important factor: There are a lot of high quality theme parks in germany, but no one like Disney. But the have learned the last 15 years a lot from DLRP. I remember before DLRP the quality was lower, the staff wasn´t such friendly and a lot of german "DO NOT TRESPASS THE GRASS / ZONE / WATERAREA" were everywhere.  :lol: Now 15 years later service isn´t a foreign word for german park staff. But they´ve learned even much. Most of the theme parks which usual close the gate during the winter have now special "Christimas Weeks". Every park make a helloween festival They aren´t just theme parks now they are holiday resorts with high themed hotels. Some examples:

Europapark: http://www.europapark.de/

Hotel El Andaluz – a spanish resort castle,

Hotel Castillo Alcazar – a mediaeval resort

Hotel Colosseo – a roman resort

Hotel Santa Isabel – a portuguese cloisterlike resort

Phantasialand:

Hotel LING BAO – an asian resort

Hotel MATAMBA (new 2008) – an african resort

The hotels have a very high standard and needn't  hide themselves.

On the other hand you can find a very expanded  spectrum  of different theme parks. There is a movie park (formerly Warner Bros.), theme parks with special themes like europapark, familiy parks and all very near.

In fact, DLRP has the better quality and more theming in the parks. But nobody knows this. Every parks has his tv commercials. You see always some for europapark, movie park germany, phantasialand (now for there Christmas season called "Wintertraum"). But you don´t notice some Disney spots. And it isn´t really cheaper to take a german theme park weekend. But again: Nobody knows it. There even don´t know that there are two parks or something about the birthdays. Some even don´t know that they have open all around the year.  :shock:

How should be a german interested in DLRP if knowbody show him that DLRP is better, bigger, more themed and not as expensive as everybody think about.  :D

The german resort team should do more for a whole nation of theme park lovers. It can be a big market for them as shown in the last year, especially the nineties.
 :wink: They forego chances...
Wer nämlich mit "H" schreibt ist dämlich.

...the DPG is watching U...

Parkfisch

Quote from: "Disneyana"But sadly only 10% of the visitors were from Germany. Compared to 40% french

That's just because Disneyland is located in France. If it was in Germany, there would be many more German visitors than only 40 %. Just think about the big interest for all the other parks in Germany like Phantasialand, Europa Park, Heide Park, Holiday Park, Movie Park and so on. France has only got "Parc Astèrix" as an "own" park. I think there would only be 3 % guests from France if Disneyland was in Germany.