Ratatouille: L'Aventure Totalement Toquée de Rémy

Started by The Butlin Boy, October 12, 2007, 10:19:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

-breeno-

I'm going to go with the idea that the studio number on the costume building is temporary, and is just there to make way for Ratatouille which is adopt the sign (or at least the "Studio 4" name).

Does anyone know where this rumour of Ratatouille being cancelled first popped up from?  I'm still certain that this rumour is false, maybe created my someone just to bring more 'controversy' to WDS.
"You\'re dead if you aim only for kids. Adults are only kids grown up, anyway."
- Walt Disney

DisneyMagic Live Chat - Just click to join!

Tuvok

Ratatouille is NOT cancelled. As discribed before, the rumours about a possible cancelation is related to the cover-up of Gusteau's face on the arch leading to TSP. They've added the Studio 4 sign to the facade of the Costume Building to let visitors believe it's part of the Studios. The reason why? The building is now actualy visible because the Paris street has been open for the public. It was never meant to be visible to the public, so they needed to look like it was part of the park. They will put placemaking decors of Paris in front of this building, but for the time being, those theming pieces are not yet available.
DLRP Fan Blog > The Magic of Disneyland Resort Paris (Dutch DLRP Fan Blog)

bigrossco

maybe they gona use it for something else just now like tours of the costume department but if I remember right or wrong did they or were they not going to move this to marnie la ville?
BigRossCo

Upcoming Holidays

Past Holidays
2000 - Disneyland Paris - Sequoia Lodge
5th - 12th October 2008 - Santa Fe | My Trip Report]http://bit.ly/cCy0r0[/url] | My Trip
Photos: //http://bit.ly/bFHtog
Feb. 2012 - Florida - Radisson Hotel Orlando-Lake Buena Vista

ulak

Something new with Rattatouille, please?
[size=85](sorry for my bad english, thank You!)[/size]

Festival Disney

Quote from: "ulak"Something new with Rattatouille, please?

I'm not sure if this counts... but there appeares to be a rust problem with the grates around the bases of the trees:

Source: http://disneycentralplaza.englishboard. ... htm#774607
Past trips:
Nov 1997 - SF - 3 days
May 2003 - WDW
Aug 2009 - Off site - 4 days
Jul 2010 -  Disneyland Park - 1 day
Dec 2010, Jul 2011  - Ibis Val d'Europe - 6 days, 4 days
Apr 2012 - HNY - 4 days
Dec 2013  - NPBC - 4 days
Jul 2013 - SL - 5 day

sebassah

Wow... that cant be good for the trees... or kids...

SM:M3

Quote from: "sebassah"Wow... that cant be good for the trees... or kids...
Are you suggesting that children would eat rust? If a parent let their kid do that then it serves them right. Anyway rust isn't harmful at all (unless you eat it) so a bit of a wire brush and some paint will solve that.

th13teen

Providing the ride is well themed and up to the standard we excpect from Disney I would not care what it was because unlike the Merlin attractions the main audience is children so I am not looking for any amazing ride just something that has the Disney factor!

ryansimmons323

Hey, I'm new to the forum, but see this article by the Telegraph - http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/news ... tions.html - Phillipe Gas describes his commitment to the idea of Ratatouille in the parks and major expansion of The Studios, quote - "Ratatouille is perfect, as it is set in Paris," he said, pointing to a large wall poster of the film in his office.
DLP Visits:
July 29th 2009 - August 2nd 2009 - Disney\'s Hotel Sequoia Lodge
July 27th 2010 - July 31st 2010 - Disney\'s Hotel Sequoia Lodge
August 1st 2011 - August 5th 2011 Disney\'s Hotel Sequoia Lodge
"If can dream it, you can do it" - Walter Elias Disney
"Et maintenant je déclare Euro Disneyland officiellement ouvert!" - 12th April 1992

bigrossco

the best part of that I have read is "Later down the line, the construction of a third theme park is also on the agenda. "
BigRossCo

Upcoming Holidays

Past Holidays
2000 - Disneyland Paris - Sequoia Lodge
5th - 12th October 2008 - Santa Fe | My Trip Report]http://bit.ly/cCy0r0[/url] | My Trip
Photos: //http://bit.ly/bFHtog
Feb. 2012 - Florida - Radisson Hotel Orlando-Lake Buena Vista

CafeFantasia

The bit about 26 years of payments, presumably 26 years to fully pay off the debts, didn't sound too good. Why can't the Walt Disney Company just instantly pay it off for them? Problem solved. Sure, the WDC would lose a bit of money, but 26 years is an awfully long time to wait. Disneyland Paris may not be fully owned by the WDC, but it's family; everything about it is Disney.

But, I like hearing the top guy talking about expanding the Walt Disney Studios Park, a Ratatouille ride, and a 3rd theme park. All positive stuff.

andrewuk

Quote from: "Alan"The bit about 26 years of payments, presumably 26 years to fully pay off the debts, didn't sound too good. Why can't the Walt Disney Company just instantly pay it off for them?

I wonder this all the time, can't think of any good reason for them to treat DLP like this.
July 2003 My Travel Explorers
May 2004 Sequoia Lodge
July 2006 Patio St Antoine @Nation (RER commute to DLRP)
December 2007 Kyriad Val de France
August 2009 Hotel New York
May 2015 Hotel Cheyenne

ryansimmons323

I agree, I've always thought, if I was in Bob Iger's chair, I'd buy DLP, because that would be nice for DLP, financially and other numerous ways, plus I'm sure this debt is dragging TWDC down financially each year (maybe only slightly, but still).
DLP Visits:
"Et maintenant je déclare Euro Disneyland officiellement ouvert!" - 12th April 1992

Tuvok

TWDC can't buy DLP or just give them money to pay their dept. The French law prohibits it. It is not possible for a foreign company to just give that amount of money to a French company (Euro Disney S.C.A.). That's why there are several new 'fincancial contructions' in place in order to let DLP keep expanding despite their dept. For instance, In the last anual report, there was talk about TWDC builing new rides and that DLP could 'pay them off per month or per year', so DLP wouldn't have to finance the rides themselfs all at once. It all comes down to the French law. Remember when the agreement with the French government clearly stated that DLP HAD to built a 2nd gate within a time period? If this agreement wasn't made, the 2nd gate was never built in 2002. Now the French government sees that it's impossible for DLP to built a 3rd gate by 2017, so the contract is extended.
DLRP Fan Blog > The Magic of Disneyland Resort Paris (Dutch DLRP Fan Blog)

ryansimmons323

^^^^Thanks for shedding some light on the restrictions involving French law, I do know about the many restrictions and laws that were put into place in 1985 - 87 upon the initial contract signings (video here on my YouTube Channel showing a French news report of the final contract signing - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-qeWxYLTKME), plus the measures put into place in 1994 due to the financial difficulties. Does anyone know if any of this debt is still owed to TWDC or was all the TWDC debt "written off" in 2005, or whenever it was ?
DLP Visits: