Ratatouille: L'Aventure Totalement Toquée de Rémy

Started by The Butlin Boy, October 12, 2007, 10:19:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JelleP

Quote from: "ed-uk"Toon Studios is made up of a selection of smallish rides based on Pixar films, The Art of Disney Animation and Animagique. So people can experience a selection of rides based on different cartoon films mostly Pixar. That's why they've called it Toon Studio. But some people might not like the idea. It's not ment to be like Carsland at DCA, or Fantasyland in Disneyland Park. It's called Toon Studio and it's made up with a selection of Toonish rides. I'ts not ment to be a whole land dedicated to one particular theme like Cars or Fantasy or Adventure.
Well spoken! :D
[size=120]"Most men, they\'ll tell you a story straight through. It won\'t be complicated, but it won\'t be interesting either."[/size]

[size=120]jellep.nl - twitter - youtube[/size]

lil-shawn

QuoteDid you really just say that? Of course there is no film set in Fantasyland, because that is in the Disneyland Park, where as these attractions are in the STUDIOS park.....

People are saying these attractions dont fit in the Studios, so adjust them to make it as if the guests are a part of the film. TSPL would be almost perfect for that!

So and now tell me the different between the two, because its a studios park not everything needs a
filmset theming... all i wanted to say is just that the whole land could get hold thogether with
one strong theme and this is pixay presents his movies. so take animagique, flying carpets and the art on animation...

i never said these attractions wont fit in...

QuoteToon Studios is made up of a selection of smallish rides based on Pixar films, The Art of Disney Animation and Animagique. So people can experience a selection of rides based on different cartoon films mostly Pixar. That's why they've called it Toon Studio. But some people might not like the idea. It's not ment to be like Carsland at DCA, or Fantasyland in Disneyland Park. It's called Toon Studio and it's made up with a selection of Toonish rides. I'ts not ment to be a whole land dedicated to one particular theme like Cars or Fantasy or Adventure. I don't think some people understand.

never said, it have to be like carsland or fantasyland, also i understand this all very clear am not an idiot...
Its just all about story and presenting at disney and at the studios nothing works right now. sure the attractions have a story but it don´t work with the land. as i said above take out the disney stuff and turn everything into pixar
and the whole thing has a story, somehow!!

and if someone don´t like the idea it is his choise and not yours!! i don´t have to like everything
disney is making!!

ed-uk

I wasn't adressing my thread to you in particular. I have never said you should like it. Infact I did say some people may not. I just expressed my view on it. And since Disney own Pixar I don't have a problem with it. You said yourself the attractions have a story but they don't work with the land? And I think they do.
Ed & David

lil-shawn

QuoteI wasn't adressing my thread to you in particular. I have never said you should like it. Infact I did say some people may not. I just expressed my view on it. And since Disney own Pixar I don't have a problem with it. But others might.

And i respect your view on it!! I don´t have a problem with it either, but i think it´s nicer and it makes
more fun to ejoy if everything fits thogehter somehow. all this mish mash on themening is overload...

At disneyland park my non disney fans friends were understanding everything and they did know who they are,
but in the studios all i could hear from them is "what the heck where i am right now" and they didn´t say that because
of it size its because of the non fitting theme!! All they wanted to do is just get inside all attractions and as fast as possible out of this waste of land park as they called it....

penfold12

QuoteAll they wanted to do is just get inside all attractions and as fast as possible out of this waste of land park as they called it....

Bit extreme!? if they wanted to get out as fast as possible, simply just leave.... its optional, its a themepark, not a detention centre??

RnRCj

The fact is this "mish-mash" theming just doesn't work well. They do need to tie everything together somehow because right now the land doesn't flow and tell a story.

Naively saying that "it's supposed to be collection of completely different themes" doesn't justify it. This is a theme park here, a Disney one, where the lands should be themed consistantly and have at least some sort of backstory behind them.

As I said before, this is explained within the first few pages of the new Imagineering book. I don't see why they have completely missed the first step in creating a land for a theme park.

ed-uk

I don't think I'm being naive about it. They don't call it a land. They call it Toon Studio. Where as I said in an earliier post, people can experience a selection of rides based on different Disney/Pixar cartoon films. And that is what ties Toon Studio together. The Toon characters, the Toon films, hence Toon Studio. If you put the Parachute Drop into Fantasyland, that would become a mish-mash.
Ed & David

SM:M3

What have I started  :oops:  :?:
Quote from: "ed-uk"They don't call it a land. They call it Toon Studio.
Except it is a land, one of the "studio lots", Main Street USA doesn't have the "land" suffix so is that not a land?

Quote from: "ed-uk"And that is what ties Toon Studio together. The Toon characters, the Toon films, hence Toon Studio.
What ties Toon Studio together is its weak backstory; "Toons live in Toontown (DL + TDL), Toons holiday at Toontown Fair (WDW) and work making their animated films at Toon Studio" Hence the Director Genie, Lightning McQueen and Mater by Cars Race Rally, Crush by Crushs Coaster. Unless they apply that flimsy line to TSPL with Buzz, RC, Toy Soldiers and Slinky being there because they are making a film, it stops working, so it wont work for Ratatouille.

ed-uk

The back story it's that Toon Studio is where the Toons work. It's a dedictated area for Toons. So people can meat a selection of their favourite Disney characters. And experience a selecton of rides based on different cartoon films. Is that wrong? I think that there is room for an area like that in a Disney theme park. It's called Toon Studio, they don't call it a land. And in no way would I compare it to Main St. U.S.A.
Ed & David

RnRCj

Quote from: "ed-uk"I don't think I'm being naive about it. They don't call it a land. They call it Toon Studio. Where as I said in an earliier post, people can experience a selection of rides based on different Disney/Pixar cartoon films. And that is what ties Toon Studio together. The Toon characters, the Toon films, hence Toon Studio.
But it's a very weak backstory to tie it all together. If Disney were using that sort of reasoning, they might as well have put Big Thunder, Space Mountain, Indy and Casey Jr all into one land together and called it "Roller Coaster Land". You can try to justify it but no matter what you say it's still a mish-mash of themes that don't work well together. If you open your eyes and just look it's plain obvious. ;)

Quote from: "ed-uk"Is that wrong? I think that there is room for an area like that in a Disney theme park.
Not wrong, but certainly not a good idea. By doing this they are lowering themselves to the level of your average theme park you can get anywhere.

WDS needs to become a true Disney park and this isn't the right way to go about it.

It surprises me how some people actually seem to support the way Disney are making a mess of WDS.

lil-shawn

QuoteNot wrong, but certainly not a good idea. By doing this they are lowering themselves to the level of your average theme park you can get anywhere.

WDS needs to become a true Disney park and this isn't the right way to go about it.

It surprises me how some people actually seem to support the way Disney are making a mess of WDS.

Completly argee with you....

Just putting in new rides don´t make this park great or more interesting. it will still be the same,
doing all the rides and then leave the park. the studios have no single place i would sit down and
inhale the atmosphere because there is non...

Sometimes it fells like.. "hey i have an idea for a great new attraction, it will be called ratatouille, i know
it don´t fit right now but maybe in 100years all will fit thogether"  :twisted:

ed-uk

I don't except that Disney have made a mess of WDS. I think it's much improved on how it was in 2002. And I don't think they've lowered themselves to the level of your average theme park. You wouldn't find a ride like TOT in your average theme park, and that's just for starters. The characters and films are very important to Disney, and I think it's clear that Disney want to create more synergy between their films and theme parks. Many people like to see the characters. Toon Studio is an area dedicated to one particular theme, and that's cartoon films. That's what ties it together. Not one particular film not one particular theme like the lands in Disneyland Park. Toon Studio isn't really a weak idea when you consider the popularity of the films the rides are based on. Anyway Disney are building it so I guess they've judged it's a good idea.
Ed & David

RnRCj

My point is any theme park can create a collection of themed attractions like what's in Toon Studio. The Disney difference is connecting them all with a great story; making the park flow from one scene to another. Disneyland Park does this excellently, WDS does not. I wasn't talking about the quality of the attractions themselves because most of them are very good.

WDS may have more to do now than in 2002, but the consistant theme has been lost. It's what the park needs desperately to make it true Disney. They're expanding the park with good attractions (mostly!!), but it's like one step forward one step back.

To really develop the park they need to create proper themed areas and connect everything. This way they will ensure they remain the best of the best in the theme park industry. :thumbs:

ed-uk

The consistant theme of the WDS has been lost. because when the WDS opened it only had one theme, it did look like a film studios for the most part. I think they've gotten away from that a bit, but then i think they've had to because the park lacked themeing and rides. Disney do like to showcase their films and characters in their theme parks, and I think Toon Studio is a way for them to do that. But obviously for some it's a mish-mash.
Ed & David

RnRCj

All I'm saying is there just needs to be consistant theming within each area, the areas need to flow well between each other, and each area needs to be connected to the park's overall theme. That way we have a real Disney park. :)

Quote from: "ed-uk"But obviously for some it's a mish-mash.
No no no - it is a mish-mash... this isn't a matter of opinion here. :lol:  Please just look at the difference between Crush, Cars, and the Carpets which are all about 5 feet away from each other. Sydney Harbour, Route 66, and Agrabah. Pretty much sums it up. You can make up ways to connect them, but they aren't truly in theme with each other.