Your favourite place in the Studios?

Started by Kristof, May 10, 2005, 09:54:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kristof

I must say I just adore the Reign of Fire set (as Patmagic already knows  :P ).  Frontlot square and this set are probably the only highly themed places in the Studios park.

Jorien

I like the Dinotopia set. I was really impressed seeing it.

Jorien

Anthony

Personally I love La Terasse.  Why?  Because it allows me to dream of the future, and also to be right in the heart of the action of the park yet feel very peaceful and secluded.  The trees in front of it just block out enough of the action to let you relax "in between takes" yet you're still right in the middle of all the magic.  This won't last for long once 2008 nears, so enjoy it while you can!!

I also LOVE Disney Studio 1.  It's not as good as it could be, but it's still VERY cool.  The music is excellent and there is so much to look at - not just in Legends of Hollywood!  :D

Overall I adore the Studios, though they do feel smaller and smaller on every visit.  I know, however, that by 2008 not only will they be bigger and much more immersive, but many many more people should be starting to realise there is a LOT of magic to be found in our studios...  :)

:sorcerer:

Patrick

Well I am probably the only one who likes this but the Partners Statue at the centre of the park I just love how you can look all around and see it all it is so nice and of course Walt and Mickey pointing towards Studio 1 is a nice touch and since when did they not point that way in Magic Kingdom parks just for any WDS haters there may be on this forum :P .

Anthony

Quote from: "PATMAGIC"Well I am probably the only one who likes this but the Partners Statue at the centre of the park I just love how you can look all around and see it all it is so nice and of course Walt and Mickey pointing towards Studio 1 is a nice touch and since when did they not point that way in Magic Kingdom parks just for any WDS haters there may be on this forum :P .

Yeah I always hate it when people say "haha! he's pointing towards the exit himself".  :x  :x  IT DOES IT IN EVERY PARK!!!!

I love the partners statue there aswell, and I think the person who made that brave argument to put it there rather than in DLP should be congratulated.  Not only does it at a lot to WDS, but it just seems to fit in better with WDS.  It matches the statues next to Art of Disney and the style of the Sorcerer's Apprentice fountain in Place des Freres Lumieres (front lot square).

Kristof

I like the partner statue too, but it would be so much better if it would have a much better background, instead of that ugly Studio Tram Tour station...

Kinou

100% agree with Raptor, the background is so lame, that's a pity...

My best place in the studios is the Café des Cascadeurs, i worked there at Christmas, and it's a charming little place with the Jukebox, the great Casts 8) , the pics on the wall and the glamour US feeling, well themed, my little treasure of the studios :D
Hug it out bitch !

Disneyana

My favourite place is just right after the entrance. The Place des Frères Lumières looks soo beautiful with the Sorcerer's Apprentice fountain. The buildings look beautiful and the surrounding with palms, that's very lovely. And the Studio 1 with it's nighttime atmosphere is a place I adore too.  :sorcerer:
Oh Boy ! \":mickey2:\"

Kristof

The set of Les Parapluies de Cherbourg is quite nice too.  It's also very popular among park guests.  Too bad it's getting in such a bad shape  :cry:

Anthony

Quote from: "raptor1982"The set of Les Parapluies de Cherbourg is quite nice too.  It's also very popular among park guests.  Too bad it's getting in such a bad shape  :cry:

They're watching you, Raptor...

(photo by Joel)

:lol:

Kristof

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:   Mmmmm.... Hopefully they'll read my answer in the tram tour topic too.  :P

Anyway, this is very, very good news!  This set was in horrible state!  The wood was all rotten inside (caused by the water ofcourse) and the handle of the umbrella lost all it's silver colour, turning into plain white.  

PS. André, I'd like to see the Floridian Tower of Terror and a lot of street sets in Paris...  :wink:

Masamune

:) I love the statue of Walt and Mickey as soon as you exit Studio 1...I think that would be my fave place in the studios to just stand and be happy... :P