Theatre District placemaking (Future)

Started by Kristof, September 27, 2007, 07:36:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Remco K.

Quote from: "Riebi"You´ve destroy a part of my magic :lol:  :lol:  :lol:
Take a deep breath and get over with it! :lol:

Quote from: "Baloo"I hope with a new facade they take the chance to cover up that ugly bit that sticks out of the building on top of the canopy bit.
Now that I'm looking at the picture again, I must say it doesn't really bother me all that much. Basically, I would be more upset about the exterior of Rock 'n' Roller Coaster or Armageddon... :wink:

Maarten

Are they going to paint the entire facade purple or just under the canopy? Hopefully the last option if you ask me...

Riebi

In the media magic interviews we can find a view of the Production Courtyard:

QuoteThat way, Stitch Live! naturally found its place within this new setting of Production Courtyard.
Absolutely. Hollywood Boulevard and Vine Street are part of Production Courtyard along with the Tower of Terror and the new version of Terrasse Perrier. In fact, when you're at Disney Bros. Plaza, you have one side that remains traditional Art Deco and then all that was added with the Tower and Hollywood Boulevard is in a rather Pueblo Deco fashion.

We kept with Art Deco, yet in a more Californian way. So, the overall style is Art Deco but the Streamline Moderne style is only represented on two or three buildings, now. We added to it something richer, more decorated. It's a big move and a great move, I think. But, you know, at the very beginning, Stitch's attraction was not intended to be that big.

:arrow: //http://www.dlrpmagic.com/today/2008/03/22/media-magic-interview-with-laurent-cayuela-imagineer-stitch-live/

Do you think that this will be the way to develope the courtyard with the theater district placemaking in the future? One side more pueblo and one side more art deco?
Wer nämlich mit "H" schreibt ist dämlich.

...the DPG is watching U...

Anthony

Quote from: "Maarten"Are they going to paint the entire facade purple or just under the canopy? Hopefully the last option if you ask me...
No, just the lower section under the canopy - take a look at PM's photos again, it stops before it reaches the roof. Breaks up all that yellow nicely. As Raptor said before though, this repainting is actually unrelated to the placemaking, just something to freshen it up until then.

Quote from: "Riebi"Do you think that this will be the way to develope the courtyard with the theater district placemaking in the future? One side more pueblo and one side more art deco?
I think it depends how big a budget they eventually get, as in how much they can change. :P

No, I personally think the Art Deco will stay but I can imagine the whole area being far more "showy" with lots of theatre signs and neon lights, very "expositional" if that's a word?

Riebi

Quote from: "Baloo"No, I personally think the Art Deco will stay but I can imagine the whole area being far more "showy" with lots of theatre signs and neon lights, very "expositional" if that's a word?

In german maybe  :mrgreen:  But I know what you mean  :lol:

Hope much for more art deco and of course more neon and show ambiance.
Wer nämlich mit "H" schreibt ist dämlich.

...the DPG is watching U...

penfold12

So, what the potential plans? More facades like the ones infront of the Towere Of Terror, or just dressing the existing buildings?

Remco K.

Quote from: "penfold12"So, what the potential plans? More facades like the ones infront of the Towere Of Terror, or just dressing the existing buildings?
None of us knows for sure...  except Raptor perhaps... :wink:

Malin

So nothing has been added to this thread since March, and with the recent speculation about a brand new Ratatouille attraction being planned for the back area of Toon Studios, plus talk about the Theatre District becoming quiet, does this mean the placemaking project for 2008 is now dead?

Anthony

Not dead as such, but I don't think it'll be as immediate as we hoped. :(

Although... if Hollywood Blvd was financed by the "leftovers" of the first €240m investment programme, it could just be that they're waiting for TWDC to sign off on that next mythical cheque for the next 5 years before they can get started.

Speculation. :wink:

CentralPlazaPerson

Is there any more news of this?
This post has been dead for at least 3 months lol.
Any News :mrgreen:

Anthony

If there's news, you can be sure it will be posted by someone.  Please don't bump up a topic like this.

I guess that needs a smilie to make it friendly. :wink:

CentralPlazaPerson

kk lol  :-"

Anthony

And I'm de-stickying this one too, unfortunately.

Seems after stepping back and looking where to expand the Studios next, they've all but settled (probably quite sensibly) on expanding over the other side of Disney Bros Plaza in Toon Studio...

Hopefully Soarin' and Theater District will be taken off ice post-2011/12...

penfold12

Real shame, real shame. The facades would of added much needed theming

netjack

I really wonder what happend to the plans for this placemaking project. It was the project I was looking forward the most, as it really seamed WDS was on the right path back then, bringing in some Magic even outside of the attractions.

Does anyone know if this has been canceled all over, or just been pushed back?