Theatre District placemaking (Future)

Started by Kristof, September 27, 2007, 07:36:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kristof

WaltDisneyFanBoy, I've seen you make several posts like the one you just made.  I'd like to refer to our magicforum rules.

Quote» Don't spam the topics by just posting short answers (yes/no, ...) or irrelevant information to the topic.

You can read all the rules in this topic.

viewtopic.php?t=1032

murkai

Well, seeing as Hollywood Blvd. is now done, any news on plans for Theatre District?

Japper

Uhm... I think that if there was any news, it propably would have been told here..

But I'm just as curious as you about this theatre disctrict after I saw how the park has changed with the boulevard.

Malin

We may find out more tomorrow at the Annual Shareholders meeting. I have to say Imagineers did a great job on Toon Studios and the Animation courtyard project. Through I don't see the logic in starting the Theatre District project until after the Summer. With the arrival of Stitch and Tower of Terror, plus the return of High School Musical this year the Studios should be near capacity this Summer. So to start a project this big during what should be the biggest year in the Studios history could cause a bit of mayhem. Especially if you have to start narrowing down the pathways in order to put up construction walls.

Anthony

Poppy the Monkey mentioned a new show for Place des Stars in another topic, so the Summer might not see any major work.  I'm guessing the stage won't be saved when they get started there, anyone agree?

We still don't really know if this project is green-lit do we?

I can't remember the last time they announced something new at the shareholder's meeting, usually seems to go to the CMs first.  :?

Kristof

From what I understood will the stage stay but rethemed.

Remco K.

Just a little note: in the latest Photosmagiques update there are pictures showing the Cinemagique building being painted.

My conclusion is they won't start the placemaking anytime soon... Or will they perhaps include the entrance into the forthcoming facades?

Pictures are from the latest Photosmagiques.com update.

Kristof

The Cinémagique repaint is not related to the Placemaking project.  It's already being discussed here:

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=4210

It's an effort by park operations to keep the attraction "fresh" and attract more visitors.

Riebi

Good to hear! Than I´m very happy with refreshing of it! :mrgreen:
Wer nämlich mit "H" schreibt ist dämlich.

...the DPG is watching U...

danwills

I can imagine a facade will be added to the front of Cinemagique but with the canopy remaining as part of the future place-making, although i hope you would still be able to see the top arch shape of the building above to keep with the general design of the studios.

Remco K.

Quote from: "danwills"although i hope you would still be able to see the top arch shape of the building above to keep with the general design of the studios.
This will probably be the case, but not when you stand in front of the facade. You'll most likely be able to see it from other places inside the studios.

Anthony

I hope with a new facade they take the chance to cover up that ugly bit that sticks out of the building on top of the canopy bit. Why is that there? It doesn't seem like Animagique has the same, but they both have control rooms at the back.

I really think an actual queue line inside the waiting areas would be good too, it drives me crazy the way everyone shoves forward when the doors open as if there's only 10 seats inside.

Riebi

Quote from: "Baloo"I hope with a new facade they take the chance to cover up that ugly bit that sticks out of the building on top of the canopy bit. Why is that there? It doesn't seem like Animagique has the same, but they both have control rooms at the back.

I really think an actual queue line inside the waiting areas would be good too, it drives me crazy the way everyone shoves forward when the doors open as if there's only 10 seats inside.

Never realized this building on top of the canopy bit. Have you a picture of it?  :shock:  :D  

And a real queue would be great! I also don´t like this runing without any control. Please the same for animagique and amageddddooon.

Remco K.

Quote from: "Riebi"Never realized this building on top of the canopy bit. Have you a picture of it?  :shock:  :D
Also from the latest Photosmagiques.com update:

Riebi

Oh. Is it the white(r) part? Never realized. But now it´s parasitic. You´ve destroy a part of my magic :lol:  :lol:  :lol: