Theatre District placemaking (Future)

Started by Kristof, September 27, 2007, 07:36:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kristof

After the 2007 Hollywood Boulevard place-making around The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror, Theater District is - or was - a second planned place-making project for the rest of the land, primarily around Place des Stars, CinéMagique and Walt Disney Television Studios and possibly to be completed as part of the also-planned construction of Soarin'.

The Theatre District placemaking will focus entirely on the area surrounding Production Courtyard stage.  It is the location where several technologies in movie projections will be demonstrated: Cinémagique, Stitch Live and Soarin' (in the future).  The area will likely welcome several new Hollywood-style moviesets in front of the existing buildings.  Guests will have to go through these sets to discover the actual attractions.

-breeno-

Sounds interesting :)

Does this mean that Soarin' will be coming to WDS or will we still have to wait untill its confirmed?
"You\'re dead if you aim only for kids. Adults are only kids grown up, anyway."
- Walt Disney

DisneyMagic Live Chat - Just click to join!

Kristof

It will happen, but not the coming 2-3 years.

Owain

So another placemaking comes to an end !  :)  And another one starts  :D

Dlrpfan

I really like the sound of the movie sets infront of the buildings. i think itll look really good continuing from Hollywood Bulv
Dan
Remember Dreams Come True! \":mickey2:\"

[size=100]\'We Keep Moving Forward\' [/i][/size] - Walt Disney

Disneyland Resort - 2007 2010
Walt Disney World - 2001 2003 2005 2006 2008 2009 2011 2012/2013
Disneyland Paris - 1998 1999 2000 2001 2002 2004 2005 2007
Disney Cruise Line - Disney Wonder: 2008 2009 Disney Dream: 2011 Disney Fantasy: 2012

Owain

This links to Raptors WDSFans Post;

QuoteBut on the bright side, all of the Imagineers' attention will go to the various placemaking projects in every part of the park for the coming years
:lol:

Kinou

Tom Mcgill told me back in January that a placemaking always come with a new attraction ( Toon Studios - Crush/Cars, Hollywood Bvd - TOT). So if there is a placemaking of Production Courtyard, I guess it will be when a new ride appear. Of course, maybe plans may have been changed then.
Hug it out bitch !

anthony2k6

Quote from: "Kinou"Tom Mcgill told me back in January that a placemaking always come with a new attraction ( Toon Studios - Crush/Cars, Hollywood Bvd - TOT). So if there is a placemaking of Production Courtyard, I guess it will be when a new ride appear. Of course, maybe plans may have been changed then.

in this instance the new attraction is stitch though isnt it?

Whoknew?

Yeah, this could be.

Quote from: "raptor1982"Construction will likely start after Hollywood Blvd. has been finished.

the hollywood placemaking should be finished by november/december and with the opening of stitch in march it would fit. and it would be a year when during the peak season no construction fences (or much less) will be seen in the WDS

Kristof

Quotethe hollywood placemaking should be finished by november/december

The Hollywood Placemaking constructions will continue after ToT opens.

Whoknew?

What? what do they have in store for us? are there already plans beyond the current constructions of the blvd?

(sry, a bit off topic)

Anyway, its very interesting what the production courtyard is going to become, more facades. i hope there's something done by june 2008 when i intend to go do dlrp again.  :D

Japper

Quote from: "raptor1982"
Quotethe hollywood placemaking should be finished by november/december

The Hollywood Placemaking constructions will continue after ToT opens.

The press opening in april (or march?) of the visitor opening in december?

The Butlin Boy

Quote from: "raptor1982"This is the official topic for the Theatre District placemaking.

This post will be changed in the future with a more in-depth description and concept art when or if these will be released.

The Theatre District placemaking will focus entirely on the area surrounding Production Courtyard stage.  It is the location where several technologies in movie projections will be demonstrated: Cinémagique, Stitch Live and Soarin' (within a few years).  Peter Bell mentioned in his article on Miceage last year that the area will welcome several Hollywood style moviesets in front of the existing buildings.  Guests will have to go through these sets to discover the actual attractions.  

Construction will likely start after Hollywood Blvd. has been finished.

Sounds good to me, I can't wait :)

TowMater

I can't wait.
"To all who come to his happy place, Welcome" - Walt Disney

Previous Disney Visits

DLRP  | May 2001           |Newport Bay
WDW  | October 2004    | Calabry Parc Villas
WDW  | October 2006    | Hawthorns Suites
WDW  | May 2008          | Hawthorns Suites
WDW  | August 2008      | All Star Movies
DLRP   | November 2008 | Explorers Hotel
WDW  |August 2009       |Pop Century

RnRCj

Cool 8) I didn't know this was going to happen after the Hollywood Boulevard :) Should be interesting...