Smufys Visit 16th -20th September

Started by smurfy74, September 20, 2007, 11:27:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

smurfy74

Hi everyonejust got back about half an hour ago and ive got 186 photos to sort through. managed to get a great one of Eeyore for Tubsy and the Chesire Cat for mesamune and one of Belle for Dark Prince altough he was there at the same time as me so has probably got loasds for himself :D >im going to get some rest and then post in the morning. And yes our next trip is alredy a discussion point in the house - started by my partner so I have succeeded in converting him into a DLRP fan

Owain

Sounds like you had a great trip and another in discussion !

Cant wait to see photos !  :)

smurfy74

I should get the pics on tomorrow morning - well a selection not all of them :lol:

Masamune

:D *Can't wait to see the Cheshire pics* :lol: Everyone seems to have a better camera than I do.

RnRCj

I hope you had a great time and I can't wait to see your pics! :D

Epcot_Boy

:hello:

Looking forward to seeing the pix :D

Epcot_Boy :peter:

David

smurfy74

still uploading them, they are taking ages, i promise i will post them soon  :D

Day 1

We arrived on the Sunday at 13.30 got off the Eurostar and straight upto the disney express drop off, gave them our bags and then straight into the Park stopping for a few pics outside the Disneyland Hotel, the first thing that struck us was the heat, we were worried about burning in the queues as we didnt bring any sun cream. We went straight to Frontierland to ride BTM as thats my partners favourite ride. On arriving at the ride the queue was 60 mins. So we went on Mark Twain, on our trip on the lake I saw the Keelboats running, so we made our way quickly to the entrance for those, we queued for about 40 mins for the keelboats.  We rode coyote and sat downstairs and went for a trip round the lake, saw the drunk man fishing from his cabin with his dog, which I hadnt seen on Mark Twain and then got really close to the geyser and the dinosaur fossil by phantom manor which again I hadnt seen close up. Then we went back to BTM to get a fast pass and then off to IJATTOP, no queue for it and then we headed back to BTM rode it and as always asked the cast member to go on number 15 as the back is definately the best place on this ride, as always they obliged and we had a great time, by now the heat was getting to us, so we headed off to POTC as we knew the queue line was undercover, got there and queue time was 45mins but hey its his 2nd favourite ride so we queued and it was as good as we remembered, because of the crowds we decidied to give the parades a miss. We decided to do star tours next and there was only a 15 min queue so we rode it and loved it , although we still feel it needs updating , to one of the other films in the series. Then we headed off to the Cheyenne to check in, after queueing for over 20 mins we found out we were in Geronimo room 2540,  which was the furthest room from reception and took a good few minutes to walk there, for those of you who havent stayed in the Cheyenne imagine the distance form the entrance of the village to the mainstreet usa station in the park and thats the distance from reception to our room. After unpacking we got back on the bus and went to Planet Hollywood for dinner had the LA lasagne, which is a must for those that havent tried it - its deep fried lasagne rolls. Then back to the hotel for a well needed sleep as the blisters were hurting.

Further days to follow and the pics I promised

Disneyana

Nice first tripreport. thanks for that. looking forward for the pics and the rest of the report. And I know how long the walk from Geronimo to the reception is, because we stayed there too. And it really is long.  :wink:
Oh Boy ! \":mickey2:\"

Grumpphil

We also stayed there (I think - the last one across the end fo the main street, furtherst from reception?) and we loved it as it was very quiet.

I can imagine it gets a bit noisy in the evening if you are staying near the bar and restaurant and we like to get to sleep early to get an early breakfats to avoid the rabble!

Anyway - looking forward to the rest of the report - I love trip reports.  They make the anticipation even better, espceially when they mention something you'd forgotten or not done yet.  There have never been any boats running on the lake when we have been there so I'm really looking forward to that.

smurfy74

I lost my internet connection this week but slowly i can upload and share my pics with you all

Smurfy ( me ) meeting characters

[/img]

Sergio Meets  - a mighty fine gal

RnRCj

Good photos :D You obviously don't mind having your photo taken with the characters. I get slightly embarrased :oops:

The Butlin Boy

Great pics, thanks for sharing them :)

mtt

good photos
dlp nov 98, feb 99, sept 07, sept 2008
wdw 95,97,2000,2002,2005

Crush_Love

nice pics ;)
DLRP, là où les rêves deviennent réalité

Disneyana

Very nice pics. Shows that you had a great time.
Oh Boy ! \":mickey2:\"