favourite place to watch the parade

Started by maji, August 28, 2007, 03:02:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

maji

where is your fav. place to watch the parade? we love the railings at small world or either side of the open area directly opposite there.

loulou

i love standing at the top of main street by the band stand looking down towards the castle so i can see the parade coming towards me.
 :stitch_bounce:  :cheshire_bounce:  :stitch_bounce:  :cheshire_bounce:  :stitch_bounce:
When you wish upon a star

RnRCj

We usually just try and squish into a space :lol: I'd like to know where some good places to stand are though.

Disneyana

We mostly stand somewhere in the circle at Town Square. It's a good place to film the Parade.  :wink:
Oh Boy ! \":mickey2:\"

Anonymous

Usually about 150 yards or so down from the Gibson Girl, so you catch the floats coming around the stage in front of the castle, and then levelling off as they set off up Main Street. I've tried several spots over my visits, but got some of my best photo's from here.

DisneyAlba

My favourite spot is at the arch entrance to Fantasyland, the one which leads to Pizzaria Bella Notte. Hope you understand which arch I'm talking about. ;)

Now, if you imagine the placement of Bella Notte relative to that arch, I like to stand just on the other side of the arch (i.e., facing the Fantasyland entrance - not exit), and on the other side of the road. Great photo opportunities there, with the pink arch often framing the floats. Also, that spot tends to be quite quiet, so it is relatively easy to get a great spot right up to the rope if you're there twenty minutes in advance or so. (And otherwise, you can stand on top of the benches behind the crowd.)

The only drawback: you tend to miss the showstops there....

EDIT: And another great thing about being so relatively close to a parade's beginning... When you've finished watching it, the majority of the guests is still busy watching it - which means you only have about a two minutes waiting time at Snow White and Pinocchio and such. ;)
You can take the girl out of Scotland, but you can't take Scotland out of the girl.

jenjen

I always find that if you sit just between the Castle and the opening where the parade comes down is an ideal place to see the floats as they come out.  Also a great place to be for the fireworks as well.
jenjen for disney

MinnieMouse

We always watch the Parade from Main Street USA, mostly Town Square :-) There you have a great view.

Alexandra

nicoledlrp

same place as disneyalba

Nicholas-c

i watched it from opposite the main street train station, big mistake

1: bad angle for photos
2: got very busy behind me very fast
August 2003, 04, 05, 06, 07 and 08 - With family
Halloween 2008 - Best trip ever
July 2009 - All alone

TowMater

I often go somewhere in Casey's Corner or Central Plaza, There you get a good view of the floats & the castle towering over them.
"To all who come to his happy place, Welcome" - Walt Disney

Previous Disney Visits

DLRP  | May 2001           |Newport Bay
WDW  | October 2004    | Calabry Parc Villas
WDW  | October 2006    | Hawthorns Suites
WDW  | May 2008          | Hawthorns Suites
WDW  | August 2008      | All Star Movies
DLRP   | November 2008 | Explorers Hotel
WDW  |August 2009       |Pop Century

madzilla

Outside City Hall is a good spot, many's a time I've sat there for ages waiting for the parade! And you get to see the floats as they come round the corner and as they go past you. We also sat on the other side of the road once for the Main St Electrical Parade, in front of the bandstand looking up towards the Castle.

Another good spot is directly opposite the gate where the parade starts (at the exit to Fantasyland/just round the corner from Fantastia Gelati, near Pizzeria Bella Notte) - we saw the Halloween Disney Villains parade there and before the start the pink Witches all came out and did a salute with their brooms in front of the gate!

Epcot_Boy

:hello:

Has to be Town Square, Main Street for me.

Epcot_Boy  :peter:

David

disney_dudette

I sit on the seats by the stage at the side of Cinderellas Castle, and the front seats were reserved for children and some of the sides werern't reserved so people could sit there, and the walking characters come up close! We got a High 5! WoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoW!
Rember...
Dreams can come true, with:
Faith, Trust and alittle bit of Pixie Dust

Dlrpfan

Normally we watch the parade from its a small world just as the floats pull out or town square - great for the xmas parade if you want a video of the parade while its snowing!
Dan
Remember Dreams Come True! \":mickey2:\"

[size=100]\'We Keep Moving Forward\' [/i][/size] - Walt Disney

Disneyland Resort - 2007 2010
Walt Disney World - 2001 2003 2005 2006 2008 2009 2011 2012/2013
Disneyland Paris - 1998 1999 2000 2001 2002 2004 2005 2007
Disney Cruise Line - Disney Wonder: 2008 2009 Disney Dream: 2011 Disney Fantasy: 2012