Castle Tower

Started by Filip, August 09, 2007, 07:30:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Filip

I was interested if somebody was permitted to go up the tower in DLPs castle. The view has to be really exciting! Does anybody knows a photo taken from the tower? and does anyone know if there are any other rooms in our castle (upstairs) that we are not permitted to go, or how do you go to the tower...

Owain

I want to no is there room for a hotel room in there like the cinderella sweet in walt disney world where you can win the chance to stey in the actual magic kingdom castle.

Kristof

There's no place for a hotel room as in Florida.  

A staircase goes up until the balcony where now the Seven Dwarfs statues are located.  Beyond that the upper part of the tower has to be reached by....... a robe!!!

Soap

Quote from: "raptor1982"There's no place for a hotel room as in Florida.  

A staircase goes up until the balcony where now the Seven Dwarfs statues are located.  Beyond that the upper part of the tower has to be reached by....... a robe!!!

A what?!??!  :shock:  You're serious? Why is that??? There are better construction for that i think  :roll:
"All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them." Walt Disney

Kristof

Because there's no point in going to go right under the roof because nothing is there of course...  The window can't be opened and most of the maintenance has to be done from the outside with climbing equipment.

anthony2k6

There's no reason why they couldnt turn sleeping beautys gallery area into a room if they wanted is there  :?  :)

Patrick

Quote from: "anthony2k6"There's no reason why they couldnt turn sleeping beautys gallery area into a room if they wanted is there  :?  :)

Erm no that would be awful, the whole idea of the DLP castle is to have the walkthrough and tell the story of Sleeping Beauty through tapestries, stained glass windows.  Plus the idea of a hotel room inside a castle is so typically corny and really a waste of money WDW could have spent elsewhere, such as making Disney MGM actually getting less cloned stuff :roll: .

penfold12

With DLRP castle, the forced perspective would also hinder access to the very top of the castle.

The higher the castle the more reduced in scale, making it appear taller. If im not mistaken?

Mathizsias

Quote from: "penfold12"With DLRP castle, the forced perspective would also hinder access to the very top of the castle.

The higher the castle the more reduced in scale, making it appear taller. If im not mistaken?

Correct, I have actually taped two people going up the windingstairs right after Wishes! The wind during the fireworks blew fireworks and smoke right infront of the castle, something must've hit the castle at that point needing for them to check it out.

The other day, me and my girl were checking out the firstlevel stained glasses and noticed that the door that led up to the winding stairs was left open, I was almost tempted to go up there! :P
"It\'s been said that Disneyland will never be complete, in fact, I said it, there will always be something new and unusual." Walter Elias Disney, 1961

Cubitus

Quote from: "Mathizsias"I was almost tempted to go up there! :P
You had the chance to a) discover whats upstairs and b) do something forbidden (which is even better) -- and didn't? Awwwww!

I don't think they would have banned you from the castle, and either not let you fall asleep for a hundred years... But okay, now we know we just have to shoot fireworks at the castle to find open doors on the next day then! ;)

Oliver
Oliver

Owain

Quote from: "Mathizsias"The other day, me and my girl were checking out the firstlevel stained glasses and noticed that the door that led up to the winding stairs was left open, I was almost tempted to go up there! :P

Ha ha !  :P

Soap

Didn't dare to do it without your big bro Math  :P  ????
"All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them." Walt Disney

Mathizsias

Quote from: "Soap"Didn't dare to do it without your big bro Math  :P  ????

Hehe. ;)

Didnt want to get my ass kicked by evil cms, nor did I want to set an example for other visitors by breaking rules, the castle is popular attraction and we really didnt have the chance to go up unseen.
"It\'s been said that Disneyland will never be complete, in fact, I said it, there will always be something new and unusual." Walter Elias Disney, 1961

Soap

Neh, i was just kidding, good thing not to go up ;)

Anonymous

Quote from: "PATMAGIC"
Quote from: "anthony2k6"There's no reason why they couldnt turn sleeping beautys gallery area into a room if they wanted is there  :?  :)

Erm no that would be awful, the whole idea of the DLP castle is to have the walkthrough and tell the story of Sleeping Beauty through tapestries, stained glass windows.  Plus the idea of a hotel room inside a castle is so typically corny and really a waste of money WDW could have spent elsewhere, such as making Disney MGM actually getting less cloned stuff :roll: .

Have to agree, I think the castle itself is a wonderful themed attraction and tribute to Sleeping Beauty, including the dragon underneath which I'm sure is mean't to be the Maleficent dragon.