John Lasseter spotted at WDS

Started by Kristof, June 28, 2007, 08:27:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kristof

John Lassester was spotted by several Disney Central Plaza members at both the Disneyland Park and the Walt Disney Studios Park.

Makes me wonder what he must have thought about the park, since he didn't like DCA...  Hope he liked Cars Quattre Roues Rallye...  :)

WDI1992

wow, I hope the man liked the studios, and the new attractions... his opinion is not to be neglected, right.. thanks for the news Raptor :wink:
Ne cessez jamais de croire ... et, imaginez un peu! Parce que, c\'est là où les rêves deviennent réalité  

and always remember, if you can dream it, you can do it!
www.ResortDreams.net

Kristof

Quote from: "WDI1992"wow, I hope the man liked the studios, and the new attractions... his opinion is not to be neglected, right.. thanks for the news Raptor :wink:

Or maybe you should say: hopefully he DIDN'T like it...  :wink:

giorgio1712

So does anyone else not know who this guy is? I presume h has something to do with development?

Anthony

Quote from: "giorgio1712"So does anyone else not know who this guy is? I presume h has something to do with development?
One of the founders of Pixar, director of Toy Story, A Bug's Life, Toy Story 2 and Cars.  When Disney bought Pixar, he became chief creative -something-or-other- for Walt Disney Imagineering.  Basically these days not only is he an awesome filmmaker, but he is very influential on the theme parks.  Disney will jump to whatever he says.

Wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Lasseter

I've already expressed to raptor1982 my thoughts about John visiting WDS (it consisted mainly of exclamation marks and several hundred  :shock:  :shock: ). :lol:

jazzluvva

WOW :!:  :!:  :!:

Maarten

Finally, its about time that he starts to focus more on the other parks insteed of Anaheim all the time. At this moment the Board of Directors of the Walt Disney Company is about to make a decision where to spent their money; expanding Hong Kong Disneyland or placemakings for Disney's California Adventure. Maybe its just me, but did they forget that the most pathetic Disney park of them all is called Walt Disney Studios in Paris? Those people in California shouldn't complain that much...  :wink:

CafeFantasia

That must've been John's first visit to DLP. I remember he was interviewed by DLRP.fr last year at the Car's premier. They asked him what he thought about Disneyland Paris and he said he'd never been. So, nice to see he finally got round to visiting.

Wonder if they took him on the Studio Tram Tour, my favourite attraction  :?

Anonymous

Quote from: "Baloo"One of the founders of Pixar,

Wasn't Pixar a Lucas Co. making George Lucas the original founder of Pixar.

QuoteILM established their use of Computer Generated Imagery when they hired Edwin Catmull from NYIT in 1979. John Lasseter worked for ILM in the early 1980s as a computer animator. The computer graphics department, now known as Pixar, was eventually sold to Steve Jobs, which went on to create the first CG animated feature with Toy Story.

Anthony

Quote from: "Dark_Prince"
Quote from: "Baloo"One of the founders of Pixar,

Wasn't Pixar a Lucas Co. making George Lucas the original founder of Pixar.

QuoteILM established their use of Computer Generated Imagery when they hired Edwin Catmull from NYIT in 1979. John Lasseter worked for ILM in the early 1980s as a computer animator. The computer graphics department, now known as Pixar, was eventually sold to Steve Jobs, which went on to create the first CG animated feature with Toy Story.
AFAIK, the Pixar animation studio as we know it was founded mainly by Steve Jobs, John Lasseter and Ed Catmull though, that's what I meant. :wink: I'm surprised somebody on here didn't know of John though - his face pops up everywhere! (Except DLRP until now)

Anonymous

But it was a Lucas Co. originally, or originated from within his companies, which I don't think alot of people are aware of. It's actually mentioned on one of the documentaries on the Star Wars Trilogy DVD box set.

Imagineer

Lasseter is the Walt Disney Feature Animation President as well...

davewasbaloo

We saw him, he appeared to be having fun, and I heard he enjoyed Crush very much.
since 2001 (many before that)

Bopshop

Hi folks

This is my first time posting here so be gentle on me.....lol!  I do use another forum (bad boy) and use the name maleficent_man.

I recognised him in the park during the week and he kindly had his picture taken with me and my girlfriend.  He seemed impressed by the rides but commented about kids being able to climb over the set outside Luigi's......I'm sure this will be fixed in due course.

Here's a pic:

disney_dudette

OMG!!! You got to meet him! YOU ARE SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO LUCKY! Well done!
Rember...
Dreams can come true, with:
Faith, Trust and alittle bit of Pixie Dust