Captain Hook's Galley

Started by Anthony, July 19, 2007, 05:18:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anthony

I'm just doing the new Adventureland guide for DLRP Magic and in particular the closed and replaced attractions (which is a seriously depressing task for this land - Jay and his monkeys really butchered it).  Anyway, I was wondering if anyone knows the current state of the Captain Hook's Galley food counter on the pirate ship... Is it open these days?

I seem to remember at least the signs still being up last time I was there, but I didn't look any closer than that.

Kristof

I'm putting my ear to Blue Bird...  I can tell you that Café des Brousses was open past weekend, so that's a good sign for the Galley, right?

Kristof

Double post...

Confirmed!  It's open during the summer season!  :D  

Can you believe it?  Hook's Galley AND Café des Brousses open at the same time??  :shock:   Thanks Karl!

PS. Hakuna Matata and Last Chance Café won't open this month.

Anthony

Wow, that is impressive!

It's a shame they changed the Explorer's Club to Colonel Hathi's, because I suppose then Hakuna Matata would have been open all the time and the park would have had an extra table service.

By the way - how many people knew boutiques like La Reine des Serpents and Le Chant des Tam-Tams once existed? I didn't before today... It's so strange the Bazaar remains closed, that's some prime indoor retail space in a time when they're constantly trying to increase guest spending... :roll:

Sorry, this isn't really about Cap'n Hook now. :wink:

esmeralda

great with the galley and cafe de la brousse!! but what a pity that hakuna is closed again! although i mostly go to dlrp in the high season it's years ago that i experienced it open.
concerning the shops in the bazar; i just watched an old video tape and could have started to cry when i saw how it was originally! i simply love this oriental atmophere. there were so many corners to experience, so many details..it included the following shops: la reine des serpents, les tresor de scheherazade, l'echoppe d'aladin und le chant des tam tam.
maybe i should open a new topic for it??!!
whoever is responsible- PLEASE REOPEN IT!!
Julia

Nala_84

Aren't there only sold drinks on the Galley, or is food also sold? I like to take some photos there this year and must confess that I've never actually been on the ship before, except when I was 7 but I can't remember  :oops:
Is it difficult to reach it through the "Labyrinth" of Adventure Isle?! ;)

And may I ask a short question that doesn't really fit in: Why is the Hakuna Matata closed in the high season?!  :( I've never visited it before but maybe would like to try this new polar sandwich in the end of September, but when it's closed now it'll surely be closed then too, won't it?!?
(And yes, it's also a BIG shame for Disneyland that the Bazaar including Agrabah Café is closed, too  :? )
[size=85]1992 - Disneyland Paris - 1-day-trip
2000 - Disneyland Paris - Santa Fe
2004 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Cheyenne
2005 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Santa Fe
2007 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Newport BayClub
2008 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Sequoia Lodge
2009 - Walt Disney World
[/size]

Kristof

Quotenew polar sandwich in the end of September

They have it at Disney Studio 1 and Café de la Brousse as well!