The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror

Started by Anthony, March 12, 2005, 04:50:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RnRCj

That's a stunning photo Raptor! Well done :wink:

Kristof

Thanks everyone.  

But here's a photo lots of people won't like.... lol.

The Tower's bellhopper costumes:

Yes, they're the same as at Cinémagique!

DisneyBud

I thought I recognised them!! Grr anyone think they should be in dark red velvet?

-breeno-

Shame about that, i was hoping they're would be something like the DCA or MGM ones :roll:

So one team of CMs will be working on both attractions, it'll be funny if your at Cinémagique and then if you go to ToT you will notice a CM you seen back at Cinémagique :lol:

Good picture though raptor, well done :D
"You\'re dead if you aim only for kids. Adults are only kids grown up, anyway."
- Walt Disney

DisneyMagic Live Chat - Just click to join!

RnRCj

:o Why not red? Surely it's not that difficult to get red costumes :roll:

peep

Are you sure thats the final costumes for the tower? I mean we have ages until the actual attraction opens, maybe they are just waiting for the proper ones to come in?
Next visit to DLP: October 26th
Coaster Count: over 320

Patrick

Well that's erm a step kind of backwards :lol: , suppose you could use the excuse it's a movie studio, though don't know.  I really hoped for the bellhop costumes, oh well at least they are not wearing a backlot costume :roll: .

Dlrpfan

hmm they remind me of wither air Hosts/ Hostesses or Pilots. I think i prefer the WDW + DCA ones
Dan
Remember Dreams Come True! \":mickey2:\"

[size=100]\'We Keep Moving Forward\' [/i][/size] - Walt Disney

Disneyland Resort - 2007 2010
Walt Disney World - 2001 2003 2005 2006 2008 2009 2011 2012/2013
Disneyland Paris - 1998 1999 2000 2001 2002 2004 2005 2007
Disney Cruise Line - Disney Wonder: 2008 2009 Disney Dream: 2011 Disney Fantasy: 2012

mehdi5

Well i don't see any logos on it to confirm these are the final costumes so i hope the red bellhop costumes will be in the final version :D

PetiteSirene

Oh no!!!!!  :(

I heard that the Bellhop costumes in WDW were the most expensive costumes out of all the ride cast costumes... I think they look really cheap in comparison...

The colour is way too light! Its meant to be a dark scary ride yet those costumes make me think I'm about to get on a plane... Or that I've just walked into a kitchen.

I don\'t know when, I don\'t know how, but I know something is starting right now.
Watch and you\'ll see, someday I\'ll be Part of Your World.

Feb 2001 - Paris
Sept 2008 - Santa Fe
Dec 2008 - Cheyenne
Feb 2009 - Sequoia
September 2009 - Disneyland Hotel

Anthony

When raptor told me this I thought it was an absolute disgrace we're not getting the proper bellhop costumes, especially since they've actually been used heavily in promotion.

But... if we have to settle for another costume, CinéMagique isn't too bad afterall. They certainly look like bellhops as well as cinema ushers... It's just a shame TOT will lose some of its individuality.

I mean, imagine Phantom Manor with Frontierland's generic cowboy costumes. Now story-wise the HTH is being run by regular Hollywood Studio crew - it'd have much more impact if it was being run by its own staff. Costumes are expensive, but surely this is slightly meaningless when they've just spent €180 million on the ride and placemaking itself...

What with the generic Buzz costumes, and new generic Toon Studio costumes... DLRP isn't doing too well in this lately.

Maarten

Quote from: "Baloo"What with the generic Buzz costumes, and new generic Toon Studio costumes... DLRP isn't doing too well in this lately.

I'm afraid I have to agree with you.

More bad news; according to several castmembers on //http://www.themepark.nl who have been in the Tower, the entire spiel of Rode Serling (pre-shows and in the elevator) seems to be in French. Thats really bad... I'm not going to ride it if I can't even understand what Rod is supposed to say (and I guess all the English, Dutch, German guests etc. won't)... wasn't there supposed to be an English shaft or something?  :?

Japper

Quote from: "Maarten"
Quote from: "Baloo"What with the generic Buzz costumes, and new generic Toon Studio costumes... DLRP isn't doing too well in this lately.

More bad news; according to several castmembers on //http://www.themepark.nl who have been in the Tower, the entire spiel of Rode Serling (pre-shows and in the elevator) seems to be in French. Thats really bad... I'm not going to ride it if I can't even understand what Rod is supposed to say (and I guess all the English, Dutch, German guests etc. won't)... wasn't there supposed to be an English shaft or something?  :?

On the same site you also can read that they will play a english spiel if the majority of the group is english !

Maarten

Quote from: "Japper"
Quote from: "Maarten"

On the same site you also can read that they will play a english spiel if the majority of the group is english !

Yeah, with some luck there won't be more then just 10 Frenchmen in your elevator. If I have waited for over an hour, I want guaranted English narration.  :wink:

Jorien

Quote from: "Japper"On the same site you also can read that they will play a english spiel if the majority of the group is english !

I've read that too indeed. But how are they planning to do that?!? Asking every visitor what country they're from/what language they speak?? I don't think that will do the queue lines any good either..