The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror

Started by Anthony, March 12, 2005, 04:50:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

penfold12

Dont get me wrong, this all looks fantastic and I cant wait for it to open......But the more it nears completion, and the more fantastic detail is added to the Hollywood Blv area, I cant help think how much better it would be if this was as is in MGM, and used as a weenie at the end of a long street area.

To get the full impact when in the park looks slightly hard as there appears no area to soak up how impressive it is from a distance, and close up it is blocked by the detailed theming of the Hollywood Blv.

Dont get me wrong, its fantastic, and I should wait to comment until its finished...

RnRCj

When are they going to turn those letters over?!?!?!?! :evil:  :P  :lol:

Very good photos :wink:

Tron 2.0

Quote from: "penfold12"Dont get me wrong, this all looks fantastic and I cant wait for it to open......But the more it nears completion, and the more fantastic detail is added to the Hollywood Blv area, I cant help think how much better it would be if this was as is in MGM, and used as a weenie at the end of a long street area.
I agree. The placement is kind of awkward. Especially now with the boulevard going past it. Hopefully, the new backdrop in front of the Tram Tour will be striking.

And it seems that having a view of the hotel from all angels is also kind of a poor idea, especially since the backside of the hotel is seen in all of its bare boned glory.
3 ... 6 ... 9 ... Seconds Of Light ...

Whoknew?

I think wthis won't be the problem, especially because you can walk right through the facades towards the tower and on the left side of the hollywood blvd there is a wide open area where you will have a perfect look onto the gardens of the tower (i suppose). The Back of the tower might be a problem because backlot has not building painted in that color, but may be it's not that striking as i imagine. but more awkward still is the crossing between Toon Studio and Hollywood Blvd at AODA  :? There it's quite obvious from the main viewpoint that the gone hollywood building is less than 3m in depth.

Nicholas-c

technically i think it is ready since they were testing it the other day when i was there
August 2003, 04, 05, 06, 07 and 08 - With family
Halloween 2008 - Best trip ever
July 2009 - All alone

davewasbaloo

Quote from: "Nicholas-c"technically i think it is ready since they were testing it the other day when i was there

Not quite.  Although the ride mechanism is testing, I imagine there is still much work to do on the mirror effects, the lobby and boiler room decor and installation, and the broken fountain ethereal sign.
since 2001 (many before that)

Owain

Quote from: "davewasbaloo"
Quote from: "Nicholas-c"technically i think it is ready since they were testing it the other day when i was there

Not quite.  Although the ride mechanism is testing, I imagine there is still much work to do on the mirror effects, the lobby and boiler room decor and installation, and the broken fountain ethereal sign.

Yes, i agree there porbably just testing it, they probably have wuite a few jobs to do inside. The Shop, Fastpass, Queueing And Everything inside.

Nicholas-c

Quote from: "Owain"
Quote from: "davewasbaloo"

Yes, i agree there porbably just testing it, they probably have wuite a few jobs to do inside. The Shop, Fastpass, Queueing And Everything inside.

i guess so, dont forget the special "squeaky hinge oil" :P
July 2009 - All alone

MSW

Quote from: "Owain"Me and my naughty ways just noticed with the letters that have been turned around spells

" The Ho "  :lol:

I would have a naughty mind too. :roll:
I noticed it too :D

Kristof

:offtopic:

giorgio1712

Do you guys reckon ToT will definately be open by the 25th of January, i'm planning a trip, as I don't go as often as I would like i'd like to be sure I will get to ride ToT?

Japper

Yes , It will be open!

Grandmath

Letters are in place !!!

Many more, posted by Mouetto on DCP:

http://disneycentralplaza.englishboard. ... 8603#38603

Nicholas-c

wicked :P they finally paid someone to flip the letter over!
July 2009 - All alone

RnRCj

Yaaaaayyyyyy! :D :D :D

They flipped them over very quickly. I thought it would of taken about a week :lol: