Previous topic - Next topic

Kristof

I've been told that they were operating today!  :D

The Butlin Boy

Quote from: "raptor1982"I've been told that they were operating today!  :D

:D/ WOOOHOOO :D/

RnRCj

Yes! :D :D/

Hopefully they'll be operating in September, which seems to be the most likely time I'll visit now :lol:

Dlrpfan

whaaahoooooo!
Welcome Back Kealboats!!
Dan
Remember Dreams Come True! \":mickey2:\"

[size=100]\'We Keep Moving Forward\' [/i][/size] - Walt Disney

Disneyland Resort - 2007 2010
Walt Disney World - 2001 2003 2005 2006 2008 2009 2011 2012/2013
Disneyland Paris - 1998 1999 2000 2001 2002 2004 2005 2007
Disney Cruise Line - Disney Wonder: 2008 2009 Disney Dream: 2011 Disney Fantasy: 2012

Patrick

It`s nice to see them return I even had the pleasure of riding them this morning, nice little attraction, definately giving some life back to Frontierland.

smurfy74

Any news of their opening hours??? I hope they are operating late September

Maarten

Its great to hear they returned just in time! I'll check them out tomorrow.  8)

By the way; can someone please tell me the storyline behind the Keelboats? It has something to do with smugglers right?

Kristof

Didier Ghez's bible reveals:

Quote from: "From Sketch to Reality"Our adventurous spirit leads us to board one of the two River Rogue Keelboats - named Raccoon and Coyote - the smuggler's boats inspired by the 1955 film Davy Crocket and the River Pirates.  The boats departs from Smuggler's Cove, a hideout for river pirates.  The voyage is relatively peaceful and we even have time to wave Old Joe, who is fishing not far from the picturesque surroundings of Wilderness Island.

Maarten

Quote from: "raptor1982"Didier Ghez's bible reveals:

Quote from: "From Sketch to Reality"Our adventurous spirit leads us to board one of the two River Rogue Keelboats - named Raccoon and Coyote - the smuggler's boats inspired by the 1955 film Davy Crocket and the River Pirates.  The boats departs from Smuggler's Cove, a hideout for river pirates.  The voyage is relatively peaceful and we even have time to wave Old Joe, who is fishing not far from the picturesque surroundings of Wilderness Island.

Thanks for your response! I would never have thought that there was a storyline and such a strong link to the Davy Crocket films. It proves once again that Frontierland is a true gem of Imagineering.

Kristof

QuoteIt proves once again that Frontierland is a true gem of Imagineering.

Yes!  I agree, and hope it will always be a gem...

Owain

Heres Pictures of them both on the river;

Source; //http://joel.at.dlp.online.fr/dlp/20070821/

Flounder

Quote from: "smurfy74"Any news of their opening hours??? I hope they are operating late September

I second this request ...

GeoffD

When i was there we were on the Molly Brown outside the phantom Mannor and the Kealboat went straight past, what a sight. I just wish i was standing at Phantom Mannor to get that picture.

Disneyana

Wow they look soooo great. I so much wish to ride with them. In ten days I will find out if I can.  :wink:  :D/
Oh Boy ! \":mickey2:\"

Mr_B

Does anyone know if the keelboats are open all year round or are they just at peak times ?

I'd love to try them in January. We've never had the chance before.

Mr_B
From the mansion on the hill
Shrieks of laughter break the still
Ghoulish figures start to wake
Makes your knees begin to quake

DLRP - We\'ve been there one or two times .....