Gospel singers in production courtyard

Started by Kinou, October 21, 2007, 11:54:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kinou

This weekend, a group of gospel singers performed on the stage in front of Cinemagique. They sang many gospel classics featured in the Sister Act movies. Kind of reminiscent of the show that took place there in the early days of WDS. Now, this was a test, they wil be back next week-end during a more crowded weekend to test the popularity o such animtions in the park. They hope to bring them back for Christmas. There is also talks about bringing back the Swing along santas, which were missing last year. Personnally, i love those live singing acts in the park, it conveys energy and warmth in cold days ! If 'you're here next week-end, don't miss them and bring your energy !!
Hug it out bitch !

Kristof

Here's a first photo.  I'm uploading more tomorrow & a video with some highlights!

Source

Grumpphil

Great idea - more live acts is always good and with Mica's new single gospel is 'in' again.

I do hope they are there when we are over Christmas and Swing Along Santas also sounds good.

RnRCj

Have they sang at WDS before? I seem to recongnise them from somewhere :lol:

Kristof

Here's a video with a couple of songs from the choir:

http://www.veoh.com/videos/v1362586AJQmEBD6

Anthony

Haha, a 2002 'classic' returns! Still a very very strange idea for a movie studio, and they look so lonely on that cold concrete stage... :?

Sits quite nicely against the New York backdrop, makes a little more sense why they're there, but I hope they finish off that set with the bits that used to go at the sides (including the cool flashing theatre signs).

I hope Kinou's right and the Swing Along Santas also return... The parks are doing just amazing in live music and streetmosphere this year.

RockNRoller

Awesome, always loved the acts that perform in Studio 1 by the little bridge, especially the Austrian Oompah band at Christmas time. More of it I say.
DLRP 2000,01,02,03,04x2,05,06,07,08,09,10,11,13, 14, 2015 (Booked)

"Pumba, not in front of the kids"