How is space mountain 2 different?

Started by lilcharlie, June 15, 2007, 07:06:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alpop

Personally I preferred the original version. There was something more dramatic about the ride, The Jules verne story seem to link in better than the newer effects.
Best bits from the old version would be the music (not just hearing music, but the theme tune), and the mine part with the sparks, I think that was near the moon section.
I suppose it is better now that the launch is from the bottom, but the "super Nova" part was underwealming. I think this is my main reason to prefer the original one.

disney_dudette

I never got 2 go on Space Mission 1 (if that is the name) but Space Mount Mission 2 scared me sooooooooo much! I was like: ARRRRRRRRRRRR!!!  :shock: All the way round i never opened my eyes as they were made closed during the launch. and i couldn't get them open till we stopped. so i never saw all the stars, only what i saw on the advert. but it did go really red at one point. What was that?? I just never opened my eyes. Thanks bi!
Rember...
Dreams can come true, with:
Faith, Trust and alittle bit of Pixie Dust

PetiteSirene

The red part was probably when you go through the red swirling vortex... Though its only a guess seeing as I had my eyes open ;)

I don\'t know when, I don\'t know how, but I know something is starting right now.
Watch and you\'ll see, someday I\'ll be Part of Your World.

Feb 2001 - Paris
Sept 2008 - Santa Fe
Dec 2008 - Cheyenne
Feb 2009 - Sequoia
September 2009 - Disneyland Hotel

coruscantpt

Well for me mission 1 was far better. The theming was adequated to the discoveryland theming. It worked better. As for the ride itself, yes the cars are the same but with different colour. The gold and green colour fit better than the silver one with the building itself. The ride I tought it was rougher than the original one, but the launching was better being from the bottom :P

As for the music, well when I went there in August it was working good, like the effects. It's sad to hear that it doesn't work so often, being space mountain the first rollercoaster with sound onride :(
DLP - July 1994 / March 2002 / August 2007 / December 2010 / 2011 - Anual Passholder \":P\"

WDW - May 2006 / May 2008 / August 2009

Lordofthemightybeasts

Space Mountain: Mission 2 is a rollercoaster.
Space Mountain: de la Terre a la Lune was a Disney rollercoaster.
Simple as that...
But basically it launches from further down the Columbiad, the formerly open queue has been boarded up and turned into gridlock central, the Jules Verne theme has been replaced by a generic space travel one, some fairly pathetic 'special' effects have been added inside the mountain and generally little details have been removed.

Sorry for being such a pessimist but, you know... someone has to be  :wink: