Disney Half Marathon

Started by KayBee21, March 15, 2018, 05:47:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KayBee21

Is it possible to buy a race bib without purchasing a package.  For example, can I purchase a bib and book a hotel seperately?  If so, where do I go to purchase the bib

samuelvictor

Yes, this should be possible, although I don't see the option on their website yet.

I've done exactly that (booked bib only with no package) for the last 2 years. The bibs usually go on sale a month or two after the packages do though, and they do sell out quite quickly.

Qscout

It was June I think last year when the bib only option went on Sale, though ot be safe I will be checking the site every week from the start of May.

We missed out on the challenge last year because I delayed purchasing because of a concern with getting the castle to chateau medal, and was waiting for an email response to a question about it. They are not swift at responding. As a result it was early July when I booked and the 10k race was full. This year we plan to do 5k, 10k and half, so will be keeping an eye out for the bib only sales. The website just says in the spring.
Kyriad Apr 08
Hotel Cheyenne Dec 09
Hotel Santa Fe Apr 11
Pop Century WDW Apr 17
Hotel Cheyenne Sep 17
Newport Bay Apr 18
Hotel New York Dec 18
Coronado Springs WDW Apr 19
Newport Bay Dec 19
Newport Bay Sep 20 Covid  Cancelled
Newport Bay Dec 21 ???

samuelvictor

They've updated the website about buying bibs only:
http://run.disneylandparis.com/bookings/how-book-your-bib-only

You can't book them yet, but it says "spring". The last couple of years its sold out pretty quickly as soon as they release them, so I'm gonna keep checking the website as regularly as I can. They do email about it, but last time I saw the email too late and had to wait for cancelations. Thankfully I got one :)

bensmum

I see the bibs are going on sale on the 17th April. I hope I don't forget to book!

samuelvictor

So.... it was meant to go live half an hour ago.

It now says "3, 2, 1... Let's go book now by clicking here!" but the link just brings up a "400 Bad Request
Request Header Or Cookie Too Large" error no matter what browser I use. Hmm. I hope they fix this soon and I notice fast enough to be able to get entry :(

samuelvictor

Site appears to be working now. I've just reserved - gonna be doing the 5K, 10K AND Half Marathon :P

AJDisney

Good luck everyone doing it!

Really wanted to do it (and even started training!), but we've now booked Disneyland (Anaheim!!!) for February, so decided we'd rather put the money towards merchandise when we're there (Oswald ears, come to me!).

June 2017 - Radisson Blu at DLP
September 2017 - Cheyenne
February 2018 - Sequoia Lodge Columbia River Suite
December 2018 - Santa Fe
February 2019 - Disneyland Resort - Castle Inn and Suites
April 2019 - Off-site

Samanthad

I have a bib for the half marathon! So excited!!
Disneyland Paris: Santa Fe 2001, Newport Bay Club 2005, Offsite 2015, Offsite 2016, Hotel B&B Disneyland 2016, Santa Fe Christmas 2016, Offsite May 2017, Santa Fe July 2018, Offsite Sep 2018 1/2 Marathon.

Disney Cruise Line: Disney Magic 7 night Mediterranean Cruise 2017

Next Trip: July 2022

samuelvictor

Quote from: Samanthad on April 17, 2018, 11:37:01 PM
I have a bib for the half marathon! So excited!!

Awesome! I've done the last two years, its great fun, you'll have a blast :)

Quote from: AJDisney on April 17, 2018, 10:19:59 PM
Good luck everyone doing it!

Really wanted to do it (and even started training!), but we've now booked Disneyland (Anaheim!!!) for February, so decided we'd rather put the money towards merchandise when we're there (Oswald ears, come to me!).

Thanks! Wow that's awesome, not been to Anaheim yet, really want to go. We were in Florida for the first time last Christmas and New Year which was an amazing experience, but I want to check out the original version now :)

Stranworst

I would be interested in doing this. We were there last September from Sunday to Thursday and the run was the day after so we seen them getting set up etc.

The weekend of the actual runs, is the park limited then for normal visitors?

DC

Quote from: Stranworst on May 07, 2018, 04:10:28 PM
I believe you can visit the parks but the run goes through them and many streets are cordoned off for the runners to go through.

samuelvictor

Quote from: Stranworst on May 07, 2018, 04:10:28 PM
I would be interested in doing this. We were there last September from Sunday to Thursday and the run was the day after so we seen them getting set up etc.

The parks are pretty much open as normal for visitors - the 10K and Half Marathon runs both start super early in the morning (be there at 6am for a 7am start) and they run through the parks first, then afterwards they go all around the surrounding villages and end up back in Disney village. By the parks normal opening times, all signs of runners in the 2 main parks are gone and its business as usual, though you will see sections roped off for runners in Disney village and runners going through the Santa Fe and Cheyenne.

The most congested areas where all the thousands of runners start and finish are round the back of Disney Village and you won't even see them unless you are taking part.

I'm not sure exactly where or what time the 5K and 1K are run (these are more for kids so I imagine they are later in the day) but I don't remember them effecting park opening times.

bensmum

the 5k is at 8 on the Friday evening, me and my son are "running" it....

BexRuns

Hi There!

I've just bought a half marathon bib on the spur of the moment (frightened of missing out as all the other distances and challenges were gone).

NOW I've started looking at accommodation options as the company I work for sells Disney, and it's wildly expensive for one person to stay within the park - I expected expensive, but not quite to this degree!

Has anyone done the half marathon before staying off-site, and not having a car? I live in Jersey so will sail to France and take the train to Disney. Are there ever shuttles available from partner hotels on the race weekend? Otherwise are taxis plentiful and reliable in the area? If not I guess I'm just going to have to splash a bit and stay on-site!! Once in a lifetime I suppose!!

:)

Bex