DLRP vs. WDW - What are the differences?

Started by skalos, May 26, 2007, 12:23:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ightenhill

Quote from: "The Butlin Boy"
Quote from: "plutoseb"DLRP does not yet have Splash Mountain, but there are designs for it and should get it (as soon as possible I hope).  :wink:

Brrr should be lovely in winter  :D
[size=85]WDW Florida July 91(way too hot), DL California June 92,DL California Sep 93, DLP France Feb 96, DLP France March 02, DLP France Christmas to NY 03, WDW Christmas Eve to NY 04, WDW Oct 05, DL California Christmas to NY 05, DLP March 06, WDW Nov 06,DLP Paris Christmas to NY 06, WDW April 07 DL California Nov 07, WDW Dec 07, DLP Mar 08, DLP Jul 08, DL Hong Kong Mar 09, WDW Oct 09,  DLP Xmas 09[/size]

MinnieMouse

We stay at both parks but I love DLRP most.

The Magic Kingdom (including the Castle) is so much nicer in Paris than in Orlando. Sure, WDW is much bigger but I think, your friend will enjoy DLRP aswell :-)

Alexandra

skalos

I forgot the reason I started this topic...  :P

Our trip to DLRP the summer was great (as always)! We had a magical time...

Anyway... the guy that I went to Disneyland now lives in Orlando... But he misses DLRP... I told him that I m going to paris in February and he got really jealous!  :D

WaltDisneyFanBoy

Quote from: "plutoseb"DLRP does not yet have Splash Mountain, but there are designs for it and should get it (as soon as possible I hope).  :wink:

Yeaah. Cool

coruscantpt

The Magic kingdom is actually smaller in size than Disneyland Park in Paris. The european park is the biggest of the magic kingdom parks. But the Orlando park has more attractions. Because of this, one thing I noticed was that everything was much more packed there. And having more visitors, makes it more difficult to walk around the magic kingdom.
DLP - July 1994 / March 2002 / August 2007 / December 2010 / 2011 - Anual Passholder \":P\"

WDW - May 2006 / May 2008 / August 2009

mtt

You also end up in shops straight after the ride in wdw, but not in dlrp
dlp nov 98, feb 99, sept 07, sept 2008
wdw 95,97,2000,2002,2005

Ms Disneytonian

Interesting comments as Ive read through this topic.

Im must say I love DLP and WDW but for different reasons.  DLP was was first experience of the Disney magic and will always hold a special place in my heart.  WDW is just enormous with lots of my favourite rides scattered between the four parks (which I have visited in one day  :wink: )

POTC is much better at DLP as is SM, BTM is awesome and Its a small world is fab (In my opinion anyway).  The parades are not a scratch on WDW though and neither are the fireworks (use to love the Christmas ones).

Now if we can have Splash Mountain and Expedition Everest at DLP that would be the icing on the 'fairy' cake  :D

ps worth noting, I visit another forum which is dedicated to WDW and they think im nuts for loving DLP so much  :roll:
xxx Olwyn xxx

Paris 11th-14th May 2008 for my birthday - day in DLP

Florida 24th September 2008 - Port Orleans French Quarter

RnRCj

Quote from: "Ms Disneytonian"ps worth noting, I visit another forum which is dedicated to WDW and they think im nuts for loving DLP so much  :roll:

I don't understand people like that :roll: Even though I prefer DLRP to WDW, I don't go round saying that WDW is rubbish or anything. They're both brilliant, I just prefer DLRP.

Haz

Quote from: "Ms Disneytonian"Interesting comments as Ive read through this topic.

Im must say I love DLP and WDW but for different reasons.  DLP was was first experience of the Disney magic and will always hold a special place in my heart.  WDW is just enormous with lots of my favourite rides scattered between the four parks (which I have visited in one day  :wink: )

POTC is much better at DLP as is SM, BTM is awesome and Its a small world is fab (In my opinion anyway).  The parades are not a scratch on WDW though and neither are the fireworks (use to love the Christmas ones).

Now if we can have Splash Mountain and Expedition Everest at DLP that would be the icing on the 'fairy' cake  :D

ps worth noting, I visit another forum which is dedicated to WDW and they think im nuts for loving DLP so much  :roll:

Would that site happen to be WDWMagic, if so they think most people are mad and Raptor would spen 95% of his time banning people if they all suddenly joined his wonderful site.
All the Best,

Haz

Ms Disneytonian

Quote from: "Haz"
Quote from: "Ms Disneytonian"Interesting comments as Ive read through this topic.

Would that site happen to be WDWMagic, if so they think most people are mad and Raptor would spen 95% of his time banning people if they all suddenly joined his wonderful site.

no no - all meant in the nicest possible way but then again they havent visited DLP so I just tell them to keep their comments to themselves  :wink:   (the other forum is Travelcity Direct)
xxx Olwyn xxx

Paris 11th-14th May 2008 for my birthday - day in DLP

Florida 24th September 2008 - Port Orleans French Quarter

andrewuk

We do want to go to WDW one day, but now that the tower is in Paris I can't get that excited at the thought of it and may not bother for a long time.

I also get the, "not as good as Florida" from people who haven't been to DLRP, I just smile and ignore the comment now.
July 2003 My Travel Explorers
May 2004 Sequoia Lodge
July 2006 Patio St Antoine @Nation (RER commute to DLRP)
December 2007 Kyriad Val de France
August 2009 Hotel New York
May 2015 Hotel Cheyenne