Last trip to the moon!!!

Started by Kristof, January 04, 2005, 04:54:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kristof

"Dear explorers,

On January 16th, 2005, Space Mountain – from the Earth to the Moon, will cease direct travels to the moon, in order to prepare for a whole new mission.

One page of this fabulous adventure is turned, and we wish to have you part of this historic date... it is indeed time to cheer, because YOU are invited to take part of a very special evening commemorating those 10 exciting years!

On January 15th 2005, from 8:30 pm to 10:00 pm, we invite you to a private and very special evening in Discoveryland. A Disney Imagineer will join us on the stage of Honey, I shrunk the audience! to answer your questions on the attraction and reveal you all about its history and secrets.

You'll also have the opportunity to relive and rediscover Space Mountain – from the Earth to the Moon through rare and fun videos. But that's not all! Indeed, on January 15th, 2005, all day long, you'll have the privilege to ride Space Mountain as many times as you want without queueing for it!

How can you join us for this galactic event ? All you have to do is register below, then print our event ticket. On January 15th, 2005, trade this ticket at « City Hall »(1) in Disneyland Park to get your collectible « astronaut Patch »(2). This one will let you use the FastPass(3) entrance for the attraction for the whole day. On the evening, it will let you enter Discoveryland at 8:15 pm(4) and let you access Honey I shrunk the audience !(5)

We await you all to join along for this very space-ial event!"

:arrow:  http://www.lamagiecontinue.com/lastchance/

PAT_MAGIC

Well Tomorrow is the last day of trips to the moon, I really will miss the moon and all of Verne's Stoeyline in this attraction, goodbye De La terre a la Lune it has been fun :cry:

experiment627

...and welcome "Mission 2" -- can't wait to blast off into space once more, far beyond the moon, tapping into the final frontier... à la Verne.  :)

Anthony

:cry:  :cry:

I can't talk!  This is just too emotional!  :cry:

Over-emotional forum posts aside, it really is very sad to say goodbye to the attraction that has amazed and thrilled fans for almost 10 years, and indeed the attraction that practically saved the resort and brought it to life once again.

It's absolutely for the best though, and I hope they spend their time well and give us back our world-beating first class attraction that will make every other Disney resort jealous once again!  :D

Those trips to the moon were fun, but I now can't wait to say "here I come, supernova!" instead.  :D

Kristof

We did it!!! We rode the very last train on the last seats!!!  
When the train came back into the station, all the CM's were standing around our track clapping and cheering.