Worldwide park attendance: DLRP in top 5

Started by Kristof, December 14, 2004, 10:48:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kristof

QuoteRounding out the top five parks worldwide was another Disney-branded park, the financially troubled Disneyland Paris in Marne-La-Vallee, France, which drew 10.2 million in 2004, a slight decrease from the 10.23 million drawn a year ago.

:arrow:  http://www.amusementbusiness.com/amusem ... 1000736270

Top 5 is:

1) Magic Kingdom at Walt Disney World: more than 14 million guests
2) Disneyland California: nearly 13.4 million visits
3) Tokyo Disneyland: 13.2 million
4) Tokyo Disney Sea: 12.2 million
5) Disneyland Resort Paris: 10.2 million

PAT_MAGIC

God that is really nice to see that the Disney Name keeps visitors coming, also is brilliant for DLRP being in the top 5.  Well Done DLRP :D , they must be doing something right :D

Kristof

I wonder on what place the Studios Park is hanging...

PAT_MAGIC

Yeah so do i, although a lot of us like it, i bet that it is at something stupid like 150 or something like that along with DCA.

Anthony

I've already commented on this on DLP.info, so I won't say too much except that I can't wait to see the effect the new attractions have on these figures - especially WDS.  if the park really does get its toontown and tower of terror then we should hopefully see a jump in the attendance figures.

We might see some results before 2008(!) though, if SM:M2 does its job and brings more people to Disneyland Park, but ultimately the success of all these additions relies on a good advertising campaign.  And from what i've seen to far - the two lines about SM:M2 on the inside cover of the latest brochure - I'm not too enthusiastic just yet.  :(

experiment627

Please keep in mind that the numbers by the Animated Business Magazine are nothing official but only educated guesses - and among the industry, AB is known for being not quite correct every once in a while...

Please wait 'till DLP releases its own attendance numbers. They are much more telling than AB's "guesses".

Kris

I think we fail to understand what a huge business DLRP is. I know it does have its problems, but it still way up there in attendance.

It is a very popular place, but seems unlucky with money.
Grab a balloon, come on let\'s go!

experiment627

Quote from: "Kris"It is a very popular place, but seems unlucky with money.

Which, I think, is not the actual problem of Euro Disney, but that of the guys that drew up the financial plans for the whole operations way back in the 1980's... and they were sitting in Burbank.

Shows you how Americans just don't get other markets. (A pattern that would be repeated with other operations as well... the step from Six Flags to Bagdhad isn't that far, actually...)