Rides

Started by SazrahJay, March 28, 2017, 05:43:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SazrahJay

Hi!
I'm going to DLP for the first time in June and I'm trying to plan which rides I want to go on. I'm 21 and going with a friend of the same age so we can avoid the ones that are more geared towards children and I won't go on anything that goes upside down! So ate there any to avoid and are there any must rides?

claire2281

If you don't like inversions then avoid rock n roller, Indiana Jones and Hyperspace Mountain.

Must do's are Big Thunder Mountain, Crushes Coaster, Ratatouille, Tower of Terror, Buzz Lightyear, Phantom Manor. Pirates will be closed during your visit.

Disney doesn't do many rides geared purely at children. They're really aimed at a family audience i.e. everyone. Don't ignore classic gems like Peter Pan and It's A Small World because you think they're kids rides - Disney really isn't that kind of place! It's very different from another theme park experience.
My Trips:
03/2009 DCR -- 07/2009 DLH -- 03/2010 Cheyenne -- 07/2010  DLH -- 12/2010 SL -- 03/2011  Cheyenne -- 08/2011 NBC -- 12/2012 HNY -- 03/2013  Cheyenne - 12/2014 SL -- 03/2016 Cheyenne -- 07/2017  Cheyenne - 12/2017 SL - 08/18 - Cheyenne - 12/2018 NBC - 07/2019 Cheyenne

SazrahJay

Thanks for the heads up on the ones to avoid!
I did want to go on it's a small world but that's also closed while we're there :(

msRavenswood

Crush's Coaster may not have inversions, but it does have sudden turns that might disorientate you.

dlpowl

I echo all of the above but want to add RC Racer to the list.  It looks tame but when you're on it....wowzer, it really gets your heart rate going!  Don't miss it!

Crush's Coaster, for me, is the hairiest ride in DLP but not to be missed!

tigger1974

Hi
I would say the studio tram tour should not be missed. I know that there are a lot of people who would say give it a miss, but I never, ever miss it. I also highly recommend Casey Junior (the little circus train from Dumbo) located at the back of Fantasyland again this is something I personally never miss ( I am well over 21!).
Also although not a ride in the truest sense,  do not under any circumstances miss the wonderful dragon in its lair under the castle - truly a sight to behold.
I concur,  you may arrive believing you don't want to ride "children's" rides but honestly once you are actually there you will probably end up wanting to try everything!
Have a fabulous time!

TTFN
'05 Santa Fe
'07 Newport Bay
'08 Santa Fe
'09 Disneyland Hotel
'10 Santa Fe
'12 Sequoia Lodge
'13 Santa Fe
'14 New York
'15 Sequoia Lodge
'17 Sequoia Lodge (Golden Forest)
'19 Santa Fe
I also visited in '98, '00, '02 & '03 and stayed offsite

Andybear

Quote from: tigger1974 on March 28, 2017, 10:35:51 PM
Hi
I would say the studio tram tour should not be missed. I know that there are a lot of people who would say give it a miss, but I never, ever miss it. I also highly recommend Casey Junior (the little circus train from Dumbo) located at the back of Fantasyland again this is something I personally never miss ( I am well over 21!).
Also although not a ride in the truest sense,  do not under any circumstances miss the wonderful dragon in its lair under the castle - truly a sight to behold.
I concur,  you may arrive believing you don't want to ride "children's" rides but honestly once you are actually there you will probably end up wanting to try everything!
Have a fabulous time!

I love Casey Junior and the boat ride too :-)  On my last visit in September 2014 I rode both several times without even
getting of!!  There were so few people on them they were happy for us to stay on there. 

SazrahJay

Thank you everyone for your tips! It's making me even more excited now haha!

Tinkerhel1970

My husband and I are both 46 and we go on everything! We're going in June for our 4th trip and I'm excited about all the rides but especially Big Thunder Mountain and Rock and Roller Coaster because these were both closed during our visit last year. My favourites have to be Crushes Coaster, Ratatouille, and Tower of Terror.  Hope you have a great trip  :D
DLP June 2004 - Davy Crocketts Ranch
WDW December 2005
DLP May/June 2011 - Hotel Cheyenne
DLP May/June 2016 - Davy Crocketts Ranch
DLP June 2017 - Davy Crocketts Ranch
DLP September 2018 - Davy Crocketts Ranch
WDW November 2019

stormflm595

Must do for me in the Disneyland Park is Big Thunder Mountain. In the studios is a tie between Crushes Coaster, Ratatouille and Tower of Terror.

Like everyone above me says, I wouldn't discount rides you think are for small children...some of the younger rides are ones I have the most fun are...Casey Junior for example! That bad boy goes a lot quicker than it looks! :D
August 2001 DLP, 3 days
September 2013 DLP, 4 nights 5 days, Santa Fe
September 2014 DLP, 4 nights, 5 days, Santa Fe
March 2015 DLP, 4 nights, 5 days. Sequoia Lodge
September 2017 DLP, 4 nights, 5 days, Newport Bay
November 2018 WDW, 14 nights, 15 days, Caribbean Beach Resort

SazrahJay

I'm so excited to go on Crush's coaster and tower of terror!
What is big thunder mountain like?

Tinkerhel1970

The old Big Thunder Mountain was great, unfortunately it was undergoing refurbishment when we went last year.  I'm really looking forward to riding it again this year as I've read a few times on here that its faster now. 
DLP June 2004 - Davy Crocketts Ranch
WDW December 2005
DLP May/June 2011 - Hotel Cheyenne
DLP May/June 2016 - Davy Crocketts Ranch
DLP June 2017 - Davy Crocketts Ranch
DLP September 2018 - Davy Crocketts Ranch
WDW November 2019