DLH or Club room In NB, SL?

Started by CaraM, February 02, 2017, 05:22:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CaraM

Hey everyone! I love all the help here. Our family (2 aults and boys 5 and 8) had a GLORIOUS 3 day trip last August. I CAN'T wait to go back and thinking of this August. Last summer we had a GF room at SL (and were upgraded to a suite at check in!), and it was amazing. But- I am DYING to stay at DLH. I look at Castle Club rooms, and the price is just a tad (ahem!) more than I'd like to spend on a DL vacation. So here is my question- should I book a REGULAR room at DLH or a CLUB LEVEL SUITE at Newport Bay or Sequoia Lodge? (I know there are price of differences of these options, but let's pretend these don't factor into making the decision.) We really liked the perks of GFC when we stayed (private breakfast room, fast passes, concierge...), as well as the hotel itself, but I think it would be fun to stay somewhere else. The thing with NB is that it is a further walk to the parks (is it THAT MUCH further?). Will we miss having a suite? I read somewhere that DLH guests (no matter what the room) get an anytime FP, is that still the case? And- now that breakfast isn't included in the regular rooms, should staying Club Level (with breakfast incl) really make a big difference?
Ok- there's alot going on here! Your opinions are appreciated!

msRavenswood

We had the same dilemma and opted for a SL GFC room for our trip in September and squeezed in 4 nights at the Cheyenne two weeks ago, all for the same money as staying at a regular DLH room.

CitrusZing

I've stayed at the Disneyland Hotel (once) and Golden Forest level at Sequoia Lodge (twice). Based on that, I would pick a club level room at Sequoia Lodge over the DLH. We are staying at Empire State Club - New York in March and are looking at Compass Club - Newport Bay for May 2018.

Even though with the DLH you are right over the park and you get a better breakfast (but you have to pay extra for it), Sequoia has a lovely feel and atmosphere to it, I think the club level rooms at SL are better value than a standard room at DLH (and usually cheaper). I've found the staff at GF @ SL much better than the staff at DLH.

The club level perks you get at SL, NPB & NY are:

Luggage service
Access to the private lounge from 7 am to 10 pm, serving hot and soft drinks. Sweet and savoury snacks from 4 pm to 5.30 pm.
Private reception desk
Tea and espresso coffee available
American buffet breakfast from 7 am to 11 am
Disney Hotel Fastpass (one per person, per day)

With a standard room at DLH, of the above extras you only get tea and espresso coffee and a Disney Hotel Fastpass.  I would say, go for a club level room at SL, NPB or NY but have a meal and a drink in Cafe Fantasia at DLH one night.

Price comparisons, using one my dates for 2018,Mon 21st - Fri 25th May 2018 for 2 adults:
Compass Club Room @ Newport Bay - £1,028. (Includes breakfast and the above club level perks).

Standard room at Disneyland Hotel - £1,348. (No breakfast inc. nor the majority of the above perks). Two include breakfast for 2 adults for 4 days, you would have to add on another £184 on. Bringing it to a total of £1,532!

QuoteWill we miss having a suite?
We were upgraded to suite one visit to GF - SL and yes, you will miss having a suite - all that space spoils you  :D.
DLP: 1992 Summer (Cheyenne).
2012: May (Santa Fe).
2013: Nov (Kyriad).
2014: Jan (Cheyenne), & Halloween (Kyriad).
2015: Jan - Birthday Trip (Disneyland Hotel) & Sept (Sequoia Lodge - Golden Forest).
2016: April (Sequoia Lodge - Golden Forest).
2017: Jan (Santa Fe - 1 night birthday trip), March (Hotel New York - Empire State Club), June (Cheyenne - 1 night trip) & Sept (Santa Fe).
Upcoming:
Sept 2018 (Newport Bay Club - Compass Club).

grovesie

For me it would be the DLH. A private reception desk will save me only a couple of minutes at check in, then I wouldn't use it again( not a big perk to me), the breakfast will be identical virtually. I don't think that I would return to the hotel for a hot drink or snack. We always travel with my In-laws and having the hotel nearby means they can return for a rest etc without any hassle. On the other hand EMH is a breeze and there's no security check to go through once you first enter the Disney bubble.

The choice can only be yours at the end of the day.

Keandra

I would go for the NBC CC or SL GFC.

The price difference is to big for the extra's you get at SL or NBC.
The high tea is so good.
We stayed ESC at NY last year in april and we used it daily. We went back to the hotel to go and have a free drink, let the children calm down a bit, place pictures on the laptop, so we hadsome more space free on the camera.
And the breakfast was so handy to, not that many persons so you didn't have to wait that long at all.
Then the private reception, espec for us, was so handy.
The least you have a question, or you don't know something, we went there and got help immediately and very nicely.
Then the valet service (Luggage) is so handy to.
With all this said, we're doing NBC CC next week and then again NBC suite in august. (no suite available or payable in NY, otherwise i would have chosen that hotel)