Help with planning first trip to euro disney lots of questions

Started by Gemma 35, January 28, 2017, 10:55:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gemma 35

Hi,

Looking to go to Euro disney the last week in August.  We live in Yorkshire and are not sure whether to fly or go on Euro tunnel?  People say the Euro tunnel less stressful?

We also are unsure whether to stay in Santa Fe or Hotel Cheyanne?

When is the best time to book to get the best deal? Working out at the moment between £1500-1800 for four of us for four nights half board.

Is the dining with Disney characters worth the expense when you can see them in Disney land anyway? Just trying to decide if its worth paying out for?

Thanks any advice will be helpful ;D

polar vixen

If you want to meet characters then while you can meet them in the park queues can be anywhere from 20 mins to 2 hours, meeting them at a character meal is far less stressful and generally you get more interaction. You can choose whether you'd rather go for a mixed bunch (inventions lunch or plaza gardens character breakfast ) princesses at auberge de cendrillon or a special themed brunch at inventions on a Sunday. 

Askew80

Hi, we live in south Yorkshire and go for the third time.next month.  We have driven on tunnel everything as have 4 kids couldn't justify the cost of flights.  Also time wise it's not actually that much different.  4 hours down to Folkestone and then 3 hrs other side.

If flew from say Manchester, would be 1 1/2 drive to airport, 2 hours prior hour flight then transfer other side say other hour.  Still looking at 5 1/2 hours.  Also as large party we are restricted to Davy crokket ranch so need a car from thier!!

Although if you book through Disney at moment for some dates they have free flights for kids with every adult.

dlpowl

It might be worth considering waiting a while to book because the good offers usually come on around March, and usually include free dining plan.

Andybear

If you want to stay for 4 nights I'd go for the stay 2 nights, get 2 nights free offer.

jazzyjules72

I booked through travel magical on a 4 night stay at Santa Fe using 2night/day and 2 night/day free offer. They came up with really good price. Also you can meet quite few characters at cafe Mickey but book before you go, which I did last time I went. My booking included Eurostar from St Pancras and forgot to say I'm also going end of August travelling out on 27th August which happens to be when prices drop but also my sons birthday so nice bonus x

2014 June - Sequoia Lodge

Andybear

Quote from: jazzyjules72 on January 30, 2017, 02:54:28 PM
I booked through travel magical on a 4 night stay at Santa Fe using 2night/day and 2 night/day free offer. They came up with really good price. Also you can meet quite few characters at cafe Mickey but book before you go, which I did last time I went. My booking included Eurostar from St Pancras and forgot to say I'm also going end of August travelling out on 27th August which happens to be when prices drop but also my sons birthday so nice bonus x

The characters are leaving Cafe Mickey - I can't remember when but they'll have gone by August.

claire2281

I believe the characters are swapping from Cafe Mickey to Plaza Gardens at the end of March.

The deal at the moment for extra days and nights free is very good and the travel is cheaper the earlier you book (particularly if you go via eurostar like I do) but that's not to say other decent offers won't appear.

As for the hotel choice, I'd always go for the Cheyenne over the Santa Fe. The price difference is minimal and I think the Cheyenne just looks nicer with a better theme, particularly now the rooms are all upgraded.
My Trips:
03/2009 DCR -- 07/2009 DLH -- 03/2010 Cheyenne -- 07/2010  DLH -- 12/2010 SL -- 03/2011  Cheyenne -- 08/2011 NBC -- 12/2012 HNY -- 03/2013  Cheyenne - 12/2014 SL -- 03/2016 Cheyenne -- 07/2017  Cheyenne - 12/2017 SL - 08/18 - Cheyenne - 12/2018 NBC - 07/2019 Cheyenne

Gemma 35

Thanks for all your replies really helpful.  Thanks for the tip about travel Magical.  I did a quote and it looked really reasonable for Hotel Cheyanna so am waiting for them to call me back.